It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“The Toy Gun Kid”

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I wish to share something with you all that happened to me last night ATS.

My friend and I were out walking having a catch up before the New Year, it was probably about nine thirty pm and we decided to go into a supermarket to buy some alcohol.

Just before we got to the shop a child who I would say was no older than 9 or 10 pulled a gun on me and my friend, pointed it at me and said “give me your effing money you big fat effing poof or I will blow this effing paki’s head off… NOW!!... Before I kill you both”.

This is probably a good time to mention that the gun he was holding us up with was bright orange, it light up and made laser noises when the trigger was pulled, it was a toy. We stopped for a second both looked at each other disgusted but also perplexed and just walked right by this kid and his two fat friends and never said anymore about it the sad thing is we are almost used to this, its not unusuall.

It did however get me thinking, these kids where no older than 10, they were out well after dark, hanging out by shops with a toy gun pretending to mug passers-by. What ever happened to kids playing Soldiers or something like that?

How is it possible that a child at the age of 10 learns foul language such as the language we were exposed to which eloquently included racism, and homophobia all in one sentence coupled with violent range.

Why do his parents not have him at home?

I will tell you why.

Where I live teenage pregnancy has skyrocketed as has drug abuse the sad truth is it is very likely that his mum and dad were no older than perhaps 23-26. I would also bet that this child’s parents where no longer together and that his father or mother probably his dad is in jail and probably for offenses related to drugs or alcohol, and he probably has a couple of step-brothers/sisters.

You might call me cynical but that is was is happening in urban areas of the UK. We have kids getting pregnant who then give birth to kids who are neglected because mum and dad only recently got out of nappies, these people are typically undereducated, unemployed, living in poverty and many have some kind of addiction. The result, I find a kid outside late at night whose idea of fun is to pretend to mug passers-by.

I know what happens next, by 16 the kid who pulled a gun on my will have a kid of his own, he will be unemployed, uneducated, living in poverty and will probably also do a spell at one of her majesties fine correctional facilities.

I really don’t know how we can fix these social problems with our lower class (sorry trying not to sound like a snob) Something needs to be done.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You could have used it as a learning experience and smacked him in the face and broke his toy. Leave him shocked and crying and he wouldnt try it again.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

You could have used it as a learning experience and smacked him in the face and broke his toy. Leave him shocked and crying and he wouldnt try it again.

Very true

I didn’t, and I have to say I would never slap a child, I don’t see him being the one at fault is see it has being a fault on behalf of the parents caused by social inequalities and as such society is to blame.

I should not be the one to chastise the child it should be his parents, who should never allow him to get into that situation in the first place.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
He is lucky it was you and not some trigger happy security guard or police officer. Stranger thing HAVE happened.
ETA: the kids IF caught by police(even with a real gun) would just be released to the parents anyway, no crime here apparently. Check out this thread from just two weeks ago, crazy stuff

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-12-2012 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2012 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

It really saddens me to see the type of people you describe. I don’t know what the "solution" is. I honestly have begun considering drastic solutions like mass forced sterilizations. I am not even kidding. Either they stop reproducing as fast as they do or the responsible adults of the future will be a minority.

As it stands. I am going to have to educate my kids in self defense, not for its beneficial aspects in health and control of mind and emotions, NO. I will do it so they don’t get raped and killed by the roaming herds of morons and animals in human clothing.

I am more than a little concerned. I am not great at math, but do the math. Responsible people have about 1 or two kids, irresponsible people have about 4 or more.....

in 20 years time? We are a minority and a mad max scenario becomes more likely.

This is all engineered to end up this way making us DEMAND a solution. I get that. BUT, I do want a solution. So I say either ramp up population control by TPTB as per agenda 21´s goals, or sterilize the whole lot that should not be having kids. If you have 4 kids and are a freaking mess with more on the way, I say end the problem. I don’t want to have mass killings. But I do want the future criminals to be avoided before it’s our kids and grand kids problem.

When we are old we won’t be able to do anything about it except shut our crappy old people blinds to our windows and hurry to do our grocery shopping before the sun sets. I don’t want to be that guy who cries inside as he has to run and hide from little viscous A-holes. I also don’t want to visit my daughter in the ER ,or the mortuary after something horrible happens to her while hanging out with some friends like we all did.

For that and other reasons I see these people and their kids as my enemies. I want a solution. I would support some pretty extreme measures too. You can’t educate them, reform them, or deter them.

I don’t want to kill them, though honestly if it came down to them our us I would accept some insane final solution. Yeah, I know.......I would prefer a sterilization process for people that are just making kids they end up abusing mentally, physically and emotionally. Those kids in turn will do the same and on and on.

I will take the karma, stains on my hands, and the consequences of history looking at our generation as being barbaric jerks. I would so our kids don’t have to. So they aren’t faced with even worse necessary solutions which will leave them mentally scarred and jaded.

I don’t know. Things are only getting worse. I understand they have been made this way artificially, but the reality is there is no solution but the one no one wants to admit. We want to be proud of ourselves and be able to look in the mirror without disgust. Thing is, in the long run that is selfish. You think our kids and grand kids will be able to when they realize they need to do horrible things just to survive?

Its either their hands or ours. But stains are inevitable. Its either that or civilized society is doomed to die at the hands of beasts.

edit on 30-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Lmao! ..I totally picured your avatar ( alien in a suit)..ripping the toy gun out of the kids hand, and stomping on it! Lmao!,,, ...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yes because violence is great for stopping voilence right?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Give him 5 years and he will be shooting people. You should have snatched his gun and smacked him with it, then told him hes lucky you didn't pull out a real gun and shoot him. Seriously, you shoulda did everything you could to scare the heck out of him. These kids are not scared of jail, only IMMEDIATE reprecussions.

The problem is there is a sub-culture of robbery. They teach their kids this stuff - that 10 year old probably smokes weed too.

He was 10 - give him 6-10 more years and he will be shooting people. We just had a 17 year old and 18 year old kill someone in a robbery. Someone close to me was killed by a 15 year old.

The problem is simply this - NO ONE CARES - IT IS ALL "PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY" AND BLAH BLAH OK SEE HOW THAT WORKED OUT YET!?? GOT ANY DEAD RELATIVES YET!?

People make me go insane sometimes with this stuff.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Very true

I didn’t, and I have to say I would never slap a child, I don’t see him being the one at fault is see it has being a fault on behalf of the parents caused by social inequalities and as such society is to blame.

I should not be the one to chastise the child it should be his parents, who should never allow him to get into that situation in the first place.

You are CORRECT! Want proof? wchbnewsdetroit.com...

The thing is, STOP relying on people to have decent parents. We are ALL brothers and sisters of GOD. We are our brothers keeper. Stop blaming others, stop with this personal responsibility crap, AND FIX IT. JUST FIX IT. PEOPLE ARE DYING EVERY DAY!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"Spare the rod, spoil the child".

Up until the 1970s it was OK to go upside a child's head when he did something wrong. This worked for humans for thousands of years.

Then came along Dr. Spock, saying it damaged the child's psyche and we shouldn't do it. Authorities listened and made the proven tactics illegal.

Dr. Spock's son was so well-adjusted he killed himself.

Bring back corporal punishment!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

I agree thse kids need to be taught what is right from wrong...however, Unfortunately, that kids parent would have cared when he came home crying some dude beat him up and took his toy..then. You have a young , impulsive parent looking to fight you for messing with his kid. ...I can see that scenario unfiolding!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

It really saddens me to see the type of people you describe. I don’t know what the "solution" is. I honestly have begun considering drastic solutions like mass forced sterilizations. I am not even kidding. Either they stop reproducing as fast as they do or the responsible adults of the future will be a minority.

I don't know if I could go so far as forced sterilizations, but I am totally in favor of handing out free contraception like it's candy - hell, tell the girls they'll get high on it if they take it every day - whatever. I also believe in having free abortion clinics on every street corner in those neighborhoods. Let them choose it, but make it REALLY easy for them. It might even be worth offering a cash incentive for them to get an abortion. Might be a good investment over the long haul.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
reply to post by NarrowGate

I agree thse kids need to be taught what is right from wrong...however, Unfortunately, that kids parent would have cared when he came home crying some dude beat him up and took his toy..then. You have a young , impulsive parent looking to fight you for messing with his kid. ...I can see that scenario unfiolding!

Oh I am sorry, forgot to mention. After doing that you should call the police and get him to his parents. Don't tell the police what happened. Just tell them he was out after dark without adult supervision. When you talk to his parents, tell them what happened.

If they have an issue, then you have found the root of the problem
now fix it.

edit; reason for not telling police. he would be charged with attempted armed robbery and spend a lot of time in juvie. They will severely over punish him. YOU DO NOT WANT THIS. He gets out one day, worse than before. His family will suffer GREATLY.

no no no screw societies laws, just fix the dang problem. If the parents are the problem CPS will handle it.
edit on 30-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

Yup,

I have seen this kid around before,

If I had done anything and next time he is out with mum or dad and says “that the man who hit me” I have two problems firstly dad is going to try to fight me, I don’t really mind that I can look after myself, only thing is that these people hunt in packs, it would be me and his dad having it out it would be his dad along with a bunch of his mates who probably all carry knifes.

Second problems is that it could very well become a police matter that could end up with me in jail for attacking a child

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I think I would side more with having them sterilised rather than an paying them to have abortions, that idea I think is just wrong, sterilising them is also wrong but I would say it’s a lesser evil.

I am all for handing out contraception though like is candy

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Meldionne1

Yup,

I have seen this kid around before,

If I had done anything and next time he is out with mum or dad and says “that the man who hit me” I have two problems firstly dad is going to try to fight me, I don’t really mind that I can look after myself, only thing is that these people hunt in packs, it would be me and his dad having it out it would be his dad along with a bunch of his mates who probably all carry knifes.

Second problems is that it could very well become a police matter that could end up with me in jail for attacking a child

Why would you go to jail? You call the police, tell them he is out past dark. You could even tell them what happened, but I highly recommend against it. That would be worse for the child in the end.

I would say if you know the kid - GO TO HIS PARENTS DIRECTLY.

If they have an issue this is going to snowball if noone handles it. I grew up around this stuff. In a few years he will be killing people (if he isn't in jail, waiting to get out to kill people.).

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have just had a thought, if we assume that the parents for whatever reason is unable to discipline the child then whose responsibility is it?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If you had a gun on your person, you shoulda pulled a Crocodile Dundee...

"That's not a gun mate... now THIS is a gun"

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a ex friends dad when he was 7 , took his
dad's .45 and went to the corner store and
told the clerk to give him all the money in the
register. The clerk was so shocked and
didnt know what to do, that he gave him
some cash and called the cop's. He was later
picked up and run through the system.

Although this individual had some issues mentally,
he had been in and out of institutions all his life
before he ended it in his early 40's.

He was quite the interesting person, could be talking
to you as serious as anyone and then switch subjects
and tell you how the govt was watching you through
your tv via commercials, and be so serious about it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Today's kids are little sh*t s because they dont face discipline. In the old days you act up you get smacked, it worked for thousands of years.

<<   2  3 >>

join