It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I think, therefore I am" is NOT an absolute certainty, here's why, and here is a statement that

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You stating "It seems you believe in other. " infers that there is a level of uncertainty as to what I believe hence there is a question naturally arising from that uncertainty - a question which proves that not awareness is happening with regards to certainty as to what i believe.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

A question for you...what is important?
edit on 31/12/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

Nothing is important. Finding nothing is the best.

How do you find nothing?

Turn your gaze around. Don't look out at 'things'. Turn your gaze toward what is seeing.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by IAmD1

How do you find nothing?

Its a lot harder than it looks. Sit in a chair, dont move and dont think. Ideally be staring at blank wall.

You do that and keep finding yourself in a chair unmoving unthinking staring at a blank wall pointing in the direction of something.... now tell me where is nothing.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Itisnowagain

You stating "It seems you believe in other. " infers that there is a level of uncertainty as to what I believe hence there is a question naturally arising from that uncertainty - a question which proves that not awareness is happening with regards to certainty as to what i believe.

Awareness is all there is. There is not more than one and it is constant.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

How do you find nothing?

Turn your gaze around. Don't look out at 'things'. Turn your gaze toward what is seeing.

Nothing is when the search ends and being begins....and it's not the best, the best is something. Nothing is beyond that concept or any concept at all why whenever nothing is mentioned something arises

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

How do you find nothing?

Nothing is when the search ends and being begins....and it's not the best, the best is something. Nothing is beyond that concept or any concept at all why whenever nothing is mentioned something arises

When nothing is found the search is over. Nothing is all that can be found in the end.

If you are blinded by the things you will be suffering from confusion and delusion from the illusion.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

First, how do we know that it is "I" who thinks? Maybe, thinking does not exist. It could be that thoughts can be some type of signal coming into the brain from another location. Since this is a possibility
reply to post by arpgme

This isn't even close to a possibility. Ever have a song repeat itself over and over and over in your mind? Why would an external consciousness do this?

Murderers can plead not guilty because, "Hey, I didn't want to kill anyone, it's these damn thoughts I keep receiving from elsewhere."

Why is it that our thoughts always reflect our past experiences, as in, more than likely an abused child will grow up to be an abuser, or continue to be a victim all of his/her life.

Why do we need to go to school to gain knowledge when this, supposed, external consciousness has all the knowledge we could ever want or need?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Actually its like this guys, there is just me and the rest of you are illusions of my reality. Im God and everything is being created by me.

Now you sound like your a criminal locked up in their own illusion in the film 'The Minority Report'.

In fact, your mind has just imagined these words appearing on a screen infront of your eyes. lol.

i am a demon in your head, that also observed the film when you watched it.

This is how i know that you saw it as well.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Rapha because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

How do you find nothing?

When nothing is found the search is over. Nothing is all that can be found in the end.

If you are blinded by the things you will be suffering from confusion and delusion from the illusion.

Infinity is an ever expanding point occupying all spaces at all times. Nothing is the space it is expanding in to.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

How do you find nothing?

Infinity is an ever expanding point occupying all spaces at all times. Nothing is the space it is expanding in to.

Nothing was always present and still is. Without nothing there would be nowhere for the scene to be painted.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
A rock 'is', regardless of its consciousness of itself...which is scant and rudimentary...
Thought is never required for 'is-ness'.

...if a tree falls in a forest...

A rock can be, a rock, without having to think of being a rock...
The mere thought of constructing a sentence that eats its own tail, and have lumininaries ponder the guru-esque implications is droll...the sentence is a rondo that has no beginning and no end...

I am, therefore I think...
This sentence cannot be achieved without consciousness, as awareness precedes the notion of 'think'...

A99

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Now you sound like your a criminal locked up in their own illusion in the film 'The Minority Report'.

In fact, your mind has just imagined these words appearing on a screen infront of your eyes. lol.

i am a demon in your head, that also observed the film when you watched it.

This is how i know that you saw it as well.

Well then with eevery Demon there must be a Angel hanging around looking after me. Is this the Op?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

The screen of awareness is like a tv screen before the tv is switched on. When the tv is off the empty screen is obvious. When the picture is on the screen the emptiness the picture appears on seems to disappear and goes unnoticed.
That emptiness is behind the picture but the picture is all that can be seen.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

reply to post by AthlonSavage

Well then with every Demon there must be a Angel hanging around looking after me. Is this the Op?

Angels could be imaginary friends.

Demons are multiple personalities.

Who is the Op ? Do you mean opening post ?

Hold on, if you created this world / illusion your sub-conscious would already know the answer.

This is getting wierder and wierder by the second.

edit on 31-12-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Some Cats are so well hidden you cant see them. and they arnt really Cats theyre angels. How weird can i make my reality is dependant on where the Cat jumps out next.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Rapha

Some Cats are so well hidden you cant see them. and they arnt really Cats theyre angels. How weird can i make my reality is dependant on where the Cat jumps out next.

Now thats interesting.

i was watching the film 'Constantine' last night where he sits on a wooden chair holding a cat with his shoes in a tub of water. Next the cats pupils shrink and he descends into hell.

Ahhhh, but you already knew your inner demon was going to say that didn't you.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Ahhhh, but you already knew your inner demon was going to say that didn't you.

of course thats what Demons are for to bring chaos to order.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

reply to post by AthlonSavage

Angels could be imaginary friends.

Demons are multiple personalities.

Angels are apparent people who you meet in the light of day.
Demons are apparent people who only appear in the darkness of your mind.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

reply to post by IAmD1

The screen of awareness is like a tv screen before the tv is switched on. When the tv is off the empty screen is obvious. When the picture is on the screen the emptiness the picture appears on seems to disappear and goes unnoticed.
That emptiness is behind the picture but the picture is all that can be seen.

Awerness is to Consciousness what Emptiness is to Nothingness.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Not light, not darkness, just existence.

Not an angel, not a demon, just a being.

Look into the light-side and you'll see the angel, look into the dark-side and you'll see the demon,

This is also a form of self reflection, it takes some sort of positivity to notice it, it takes some sort of negativity to notice it.

But in reality, it is just words being expressed, and you will perceive it however you do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join