It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman dies, three fall ill aboard Toronto-bound VIA Rail train

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
She was in her 80s and likely had a bad flu which passed onto people she was traveling with. Traveling can be really hard on seniors. A family friend went to Denmark to visit family - was healthy when she left. Passed away two weeks after coming back. The trip was just too hard on her.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's "Captain Tripps". " Baby can you dig your man. He's a righteous man. Baby can you dig your man"- Stephen King

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
reply to post by Carreau

As vague as the article is that is also what I got from reading it. I agree with you. It seems two others boarded with the now deceased so it's likely they brought the illness with them which got the better of the elderly woman through out the six hour train ride.

I doubt it's a pandemic or anything even close but it shows how one will happen on a small scale. Loved ones dying while yourself is sick and unable to help them.

I know this world is due for another outbreak like the Spanish Influenza in 1918 but I hope it's after my time on this rock. I can't even imagine how tragic it would be at our population levels.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As vague as the article is that is also what I got from reading it. I agree with you. It seems two others boarded with the now deceased so it's likely they brought the illness with them which got the better of the elderly woman through out the six hour train ride.

Vancouver to Toronto is more like a 4 day train ride

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Is there a Doctor in the house? Ha, Ha!

Here it is and I still have something in there.
Started to feel real sick and I am never ever sick and 58 yrs Old. I went to Doc and he didn'tknow what it was and decided to give me antibodies and hope for the best. He told me he'd be gone until the 2nd. Well I went got the drugs and went home. Next day I was so ill I felt like dying. My body was going to 103 anddiving to 87 and back. Ice in the pours. I could stop it from the up and down. Couldn't eat or drink without nausea.
After 3 days of being awake and changing clothes ever 3 hrs i had the EMS come and take me to the Hospital.
They ran all these tests and more test. Meanwhile trying to stabalize me with intrav. Din't help at all. They came back and gave me all these papers. One said Broncitus. another said strep and another a urinary tract infection.
Gave me another antibodi to take with the other one I was one.
Next day 85 degree temp and I was like a corpse. Now with a bad heart and it beating at 140 I was going to die. When my wife called the hospital they refused to admit me and told me not to come back. I have full medical coverage. So my questions started to arise. And my wife expressed her concern to them and they hung up the phone.
That was so horrible. They rejected my care. Well all I could do is die. I felt so and i got on my hands and knees and asked God with tears pouring from me and on kitchen floor to take me now. My wife removed me to couch in front of fire and it didn't ease up for 6 days. I have now been ill for 13 days and still something in chest. I use wood for heat and it's 90 in the hiuse now and still cold toes and nose. And slight chest cough.
I call it the plague. What else could do this. How did I get 3 different and distincht sicknesses>? Unless it was niether and they were affraid of it passing to others in Hospital. It seems as if wierd stuff is passing over the land and there is no cure. My friend up in Jersey now has it and so his wife to. He is an EMT and has never been this way ever, ever. and he is 60.
My feeling that all this spraying and methane in the air is creating a flu or other serious illness and the Big boys in charge know it and keep spraying all these years. Now it is taking it's toll on too many people world wide.
I think something is up for the year of the Snake 2013. It's gonna be a real bad year.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

As a note here in NW Florida two "relatives" of mine who are middle aged fell ill to the flu recently ..one had to go into the hospital and the other, her husband passed out and knocked a hole in the kitchen wall..bad time for them both. I doubt they had flu shots. They did not say. Those folks on the train who were/are sick may have the flu. Sometimes it is fatal/ One can predict a flu season but not when a worldwide killer virus is about to strike.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
We were on the same train on December 27 and had no symptoms. One of us now have the same symptoms that came out of nowhere on December 28. There were multiple stops that people got on and off so how many more are affected?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mc_squared

Woman dies, three fall ill aboard Toronto-bound VIA Rail train

metronews.ca

An elderly woman is dead and three other passengers were taken to hospital Saturday after developing flu-like symptoms on an eastbound VIA Rail train.

The train, headed to Toronto from Vancouver, was stopped in Parry Sound, Ont., for six hours starting at 5 a.m. after an 86-year-old woman was reported to be unconscious and unresponsive. Emergency crews boarded the train and confirmed the woman had died.

The two compartments occupied by the passengers were quarantined, and the train arrived in Toronto just before 4 p.m.
(visit the link for the full news article)

I find it weird that they would transport the other people to hospital for just having flu-like symptoms. IMHO, it's a waste of resources to send someone to the hospital if all they have is flu-like symptoms, unless they are extremely frail or have some other underlying illness.

It seems like everyone I know, including myself, are sick with either the flu, cold, pneumonia or bronchitis. Tis the season!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
reply to post by crazyewok

How can you be a microbiologist when you can't even spell the word?

Yeah Im dyslexic and to make matters worse im useing a touchpad keyboard which I have never got on with......

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Umm
It is flu season.
Kinda not a big deal for this to spread..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RevRay

Try this.
GO and get a big onion and cut it half. Put both halves right next to you and your wife, as close to your face as you can stand. If you can eat, eat onion sauteed in butter and coconut oil/milk. Also garlic will help.

You have a mycotoxin and you are right in a way, it is the plague, well actually the Black Death one, not the Yersina pestis one. (Look up www. rense.com and 'flu'.
As the radiation levels go up, and I mean all throughout the spectrum; neutrons and gamma, fungus and molds increase dramatically including the ones in your body. This causes fever and also cold extremities due to decreased blood flow and blood vessel constriction.

Coconut oil or coconut whatever is an anti-fungal, so is unsalted butter. This is why TPTB want us to eat margarine. Google anti-fungal foods.

Antibiotics will not help and it is sort of contagious, as someone with this, will have the radiation activated fungus and this can pass to others via respiration and sneezes.

If it works, PASS IT ON.

edit on 30/12/12 by AriesJedi because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Umm
It is flu season.

Not really no. Problem is we are expecting a deadly flu pandemic as we are long overdue or one.

And all those claiming it is a govermnet conspircy for population control? Well why are there plans in place to minimise causiltys? (At least in the uk) if the govemnet wanted reduce the population there plan would be to spread it as much as possible. If there is a conspiracy then Europe is not part of it. I would print a post a copy of the UK pandemic plans but Im guessing I would have my arse sued and thrown in prison.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
My family caught noro virus in the fall of 2011. My husband and I felt like we were going to die and I am not exaggerating. I had to go to the ER in an ambulance because my husband was too weak to even get out of bed and walk. I have never seen him like that and to be honest, it was very frightening at first. I could not stop getting sick after 8 hours. At the ER they said it was just a regular flu going around, but later on I found out I had noro virus.

We were so weak, we could barely walk for a week. I had never been that sick in my life.

Now, my daughter caught it and only got sick a total of 5 times and was over it in two days and back to business as usual.

The difference?

I gave her teaspoons of the last colloidal silver that I had. (yes I know, a lot of people think silver is bunk)

It wasn't until I got a hold of more silver and started to take it myself, did I regain my strength and feel good again.

This time we are stocked with ascorbic acid powder and silver. There is no way I'll ever be without these things again.

Anyway, just saying, the noro virus was very scary for us.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Aries, one time when there was a cold going around at my husband's work, I cut several onions in half and put them in bowls in every room of the house. We did not catch the cold.

There was also another time where we used onions in a soup to get over a cold that would not go away and it got us over the hump very quickly. I loved your post on onion!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frederick
We were on the same train on December 27 and had no symptoms. One of us now have the same symptoms that came out of nowhere on December 28. There were multiple stops that people got on and off so how many more are affected?

Please read my post about when my family caught noro virus.

I don't know if you are a believer in silver, but you should get some and start it now.

Get some ascorbic acid powder (vitamin c) at the health food store and start taking a tsp mixed in a beverage of choice.

I'm not a doctor, just giving suggestions on how to abate a nasty flu. good luck.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I agree and it's funny how it coincides with this:

TextDecember 30, 2012 – HEALTH – Potentially fatal bird flu viruses can spread on the wind, a hitherto suspected but unproven route of transmission.

Usually, people catch bird flu through close physical contact with each other or, much more commonly, with infected poultry. The newly identified capacity for wind to spread it opens up a potential route by which the viruses can spread between farms.

The finding came about after Dutch researchers studied an outbreak of the avian flu strain H7N7 in poultry on Dutch farms in 2003, which resulted in 89 confirmed human infections including one death. Computer models showed that wind patterns at the time of the outbreak explain how different genetic variants of H7N7 ended up on different farms (Journal of Infectious Diseases, doi.org/j3b). H5N1 is the most harmful strain of avian flu, having killed 360 of 610 infected people since it was discovered in 2003.

The fact that a related strain can travel on the wind suggests that H5N1 can too, says Marion Koopmans of the Dutch National Institute for Public Health and the Environment in Bilthoven, who coordinated the research project. “You must assume that this same potential is there for H5N1,” she says.

Other researchers agreed that by implication, H5N1 could spread in the same way. “Because we don’t know, we should assume the worst case – and the worst case is that H5N1 travels on the wind as well,” says John McCauley, a bird flu researcher at the MRC National Institute for Medical Research in London.

He says it’s well known that the virus that causes foot and mouth disease in cattle and pigs travels many kilometers on the wind, but it’s lighter than avian flu and is produced in huge amounts by infected animals. McCauley says the most likely scenario for bird flu is that the virus hitches a ride on airborne particles from farms, especially particles of infected feces from poultry farms. –New Scientist

I myself always thought and believed that a virus is airborne anyway as apposed to bacteria that need bodily contact????
Guess they changed the rules these little pesky viruses.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RevRay

Your story sounds exactly like mine and I too ended up with a heart attack caused through arterial fibrillation - funny that - because I'd just travelled back home from Canaa???? Sure it's coincidence!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
another OP posted a bodeo about the Katrina virus......coincidence???/perfect timming???

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Umm
It is flu season.

Not really no. Problem is we are expecting a deadly flu pandemic as we are long overdue or one.

We are overdue for a Yellowstone eruption also if you look at historical eruption sites and timelines, but it proves nothing as the earth is always evolving, thus,, things change.

the flu comes round every year and people get sick and some die,, doesnt mean pandemic

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
The way I read the story from your link is that she boarded the train WITH relatives and all were traveling together in 2 compartments and these relatives of the dead 86 year old are the ones who were also sick with flu-like symptoms. And it even states that no other passengers or crew were exposed to the ill. So to me it doesn't sound like a fast spreading illness but a family who were all sick before the train ride and the elder and weakest member fell to the illness.

Or am I misreading this story?

From that description you have food poisoning. Probably salmonella.

I remember our extended family had a get-together and everybody got sick. Bathtubs, toilets, trash cans, and the kitchen sink were full of flu-like symptoms from everybody. Some of us wished we were dead after being sick for several days.

An alternative theory is that a rail train passenger passed a lot of gas and someone dropped dead from it. It could be actual poison gas, if you want a conspiracy.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join