It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel demands 52,500 shekels to delay home demolitions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mello71

I am not troubled by what you wrote but merely pointed out that you were being provoked. I would hate to see you pushed into a bad situation by someone who is playing games.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

It's like an AR-15 pitted against ...Rocks! ...these people have Nothing!
And Israel knows this, hence their blatant disregard of all human decency.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DoorKnobEddie

I'm actually grateful for your "cold bucket", or I probably would have been outplayed ..hehe
Cheers mate, and a happy new year

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I dont know.

in one hand we have israel as the "victim." and the other as the "aggressor.".

i just wish everyone could just get along.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Is this a joke? Jews still trade via shekels?

On a side note to all this Israel should just adopt the dollar. They're dependent on our economy anyway.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by golemina

I just added you as a friend, I hope you don't mind...your posts entertain me.

Yes, I enjoy the odd obvious troll once in a while.

You're too kind.

Back on topic...

Let's just say that these fees to remain in their homes for a while longer before they get demolished are justified, what would you say is the best plan to send these people once their homes are demolished?

First, I should make clear that I'm certainly NOT in favor of the 'fees'. And I'm TOTALLY against demoing ANY useable housing.

In the states, when someone is caught like these guys were, a 'migitation fee' (read: bribe/payoff) of some kind is payed to the tax authority and all is forgiven.

Unfortunately, the 'problem' is entirely political.

Contrary to your portrayal, the Israeli court system is fairly even-handed. And they need to sue for retrograde permits. Unfortunately, expensive.

Should they be sent to Jordan?

Nope. Stay and learn to work the system.

Perhaps a Syrian refugee camp?

No such thing as a 'Palestinian' refugee camp. Those are good old-fashioned Arab CONCENTRATION camps.

60+ years later it is fairly safe to say, the Arabs have no sense of shame, exploiting their own people.

Should Israel reimburse these fees upon their departure if their claim is denied?

Sorry for all the questions but you keep deflecting from everything I ask you so they are piling up now so please get back to me my new found friend.

Would it not be a lot simpler to just freeze settlement construction and provide amnesty to anyone under threat of these fees until the situation is resolved?

Come on bro, let's get serious here.

Who knows?

Unfortunately, the 'Palestinians' are being lead around by a bunch of morons.

If they had a leader with any kind of common sense, they would have kicked Fatah and Hamas to the curb, climbed out of the Dark Ages, embraced their Jewish cousins and be part of the RICHEST SOCIETY per capita... In the world!

The tourism revenue alone would be absolutely staggering.

You ever been swimming in the Red Sea?

But I digress...

It's REALLY not that hard to be smart.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

The name-calling and bickering ends NOW!!!!!!!! As do the off-topic comments.

Further such posts and remarks may result in temporary Posting Bans.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

They do the same thing here in the US. Its called eminent domain and you are lucky to get 10cents on the dollar . Its done all the time to please the big wigs in any city or town.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well said OP!

I am no hater of any any group or religion, I preach love and tolerance. And I am certainly no anti-Semite - I have some fabulous Jewish friends, and have worked with some brilliant Jewish people.

I would point out though that the actions of Israel continue to amaze, disgust and shock me to the core, and that the international community won't do anything about it as just as criminal.

As with ALL radical, ultra orthodox and extremist religious groups, from all religions, this hatred and killing in the name of God must stop now. And don't even start with the "when they stop...." bull#!

Did your profit teach you to love they neighbor ONLY when he loves you first?
Does your religion teach you to forgive people only after you have vanquished them?
Did your God tell you "Though shall not kill" unless it is some poor heathen who's land you want?

Nah, perhaps you are right. Perhaps what Gad wants is for us all to chase off or kill anyone who is living on land which we think was our ancestors land a few hundred years ago. So yes - take a GOOD LOOK AT WHERE YOU ARE SITTING RIGHT NOW!!!!! In my case I should return this land to the Australian Aboriginals. What about you, my American cousins? Which Indian tribe was massacred so you could live where you do? Who should you be returning your land to?

Any action you take which does not feel loving does not come from God!

Tell me how compassionately you bulldoze stolen land yeah!

I started off by saying I am not a hater, and I try to stand by that. It is difficult though, to love a people, but hate the actions of their nation.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nothingwrong

I am not a hater either, but if there is one thing in this material world that makes my blood boil, it would be unfairness.
If a big bully wearing big shoes, kicks a wee little one, no matter How hard the wee one stings....you are still nothing but a big # bully.
Maybe it's time to let the boots rest, and maybe share some kindness and understanding.
I realize there are Huge hurdles man has to leap, but it never stopped us before, so why should we be held back today, since we are the supposed "pinnacle" of evolution?
The only thing holding us back, as far as I can tell, is the media, telling us different things, depending what side of the globe you're on. So the solution should be easy to follow through. Believe in your neighbor, make him your friend, and if you can't, try to understand why he is different. A small effort.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 1-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 1-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Odd. You initiate a load of rhetoric yet you do not mention the topic at hand. You simply call all who see this tyranny anti semites. It is my experience that those who cry foul of racism are the most racist at heart. A perfect example being a particular post in this thread.

On a side note. There are many semitic cultures on the earth today. To paint the brush of anti semitism encompassing one group of people is the epitome of racism.

I have to agree. This is forced extortion. Pay up or be demolished. I cannot classify this act any other way. The origin, beliefs, race, nationality, and culture of the ones using force and the ones resiting force are irrelevant. It is sad that so many people fall into the traps of emotionalism that I listed in the previous sentence.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join