It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to make a superstition real?.. .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I mean like through law of attraction or magick?.. ... .If someone thinks that he for example cannot upload youtube videos.. .or else.. . the video content .. ... .might become "cursed'.. .is it going to be true?.. .Well,I think it shouldn't be,because law of attraction is based on power of thoughts not sticking some powers on some actions and as for magick,if doing random ritual would cause another ritual would work without using any intention,intensity,clarity,belief,not to mention some invocation.. .it would be way too easy to use magick,hmm,I don;t know ,what is your opinion?.. .

Well,I read someone did not touchwood once and something bad happen,maybe its just coincidence hmm.. .
edit on 30-12-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumSeeker

You are describing one of the biggest components to magic.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Can you be more precise?.. .I mean I don't really.. .understand what do you mean.. .

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I am reminded of an experiment at a university, in America I think it was.
A psychology class made up a fictional character, they gave it a name, personal history etc.
The whole class tried to put in their minds that the fictional character was a real person.
They were then able to communicate with the character through ouija, over time the character
took on it's own persona and grew stronger.
I've been looking everywhere to provide you with a link, but I can't find where I put it.
It's a bit different to what you are asking, but it's on a simular line.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I read about Busby's chair,why those.. .people die?Is it because the one who cursed it ,his ghost or something remained and intentionally pick off people who sit on it?.. .Or is the action of someone sitting on that particular chair get cursed?.. .Is it possible to cursed an action?.. .I don't know any ideas?.. .
edit on 2-1-2013 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
hmm..any ideas?.. .

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Absolutely.

Where I live? NO ONE will hang laundry out to dry when the moon is full (day or night). It will cause holes in the clothing. No joke.

I bet you it's like a moth larva that hatches during a full moon or something cause yes I've tried it and yes it's true.

Personally - I bet you it was started by some new house wife who neglected to clean her hubbies shorts and blamed it on the moon but however it was started? It's caught on like wildfire.

Point being - however the superstition started? I dunno - BUT - It’s still in full swing.

peace

edit on 5-1-2013 by silo13 because: calrification day/night

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Is it any way to destroy a superstition?Making it not real?.. .If what you said is true,then wouldn't be crazy people dangerous?.. .

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Any ideas?.. .

new topics

top topics

join