It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Perception & Multiple Dimensions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The thought occurred to me while trying to explain how weird the sub-atomic world works in relation to the macro world we live in. I was explaining as I could best the idea that at the plank scale particles zip in and out of existence, now I am no physicist not by any stretch of the imagination so my understanding of it was limited. So using this idea as a base I was thinking about where these particles might be moving into when they are not “here” so to speak. I have heard that they might be moving though higher dimensions, which got me thinking about basic perception.

So when I speak of perception what I mean are the 2 realities we inhabit. The reality all or most humans are tuned into which are the 5 senses and the private reality we call our ego consciousness. As im sure most of the readers can attest to is that not everybody is on the same wavelength. There are people we meet who understand certain concepts better that others, these people for all intents and purposes have exposure to the same stimuli as you but for some reason they see things differently from a personal perspective bias. So right there we have an example of how you can get a picture within a picture, or a reality within a reality. So let’s assume for the sake of the exercise that we can establish that there is a macro reality humans as a collective agrees on and that there is a micro reality of how we as individuals see ourselves in that macro reality.

Now I think of perception as a fundamental collapse of a waveform into its respective vibrations, sight, sound, touch, smell, taste. We then combine these individual realities into the macro reality we experience as a species. The way in which we navigate that macro reality then forms our micro reality, which we use to then try to understand the macro reality and the cycle continues. So that got me thinking about how anybody could perceive something that wasn’t there. Obviously the reality in their head is as real to them as the reality in yours. As fully formed and lucid as any ones i would suspect, this would suggest that given the parameters of our understanding that such a perceived micro reality would be just as infinite as the macro. Now combine that with every human ever born and every human alive right now and future humans. That is a lot of micro realities and that doesn’t even take into consideration all the possible alternate versions of how each of those micro realities can collapse into.

So if we take that basic model and extrapolate that for all organisms that are alive that is a lot of micro realities with infinite possible future realities. Could this have something to do with dark energy and dark matter? Remember we still dont know or understand(well I don’t) what dark matter and dark energy really is we know there is something that is causing the universe to expand and expand faster as time goes on but we cant detect what it is, so we call it dark. What if in order to experience any given micro reality the universe has to have a version of that realty stored somewhere and that storage is what’s filling up the universe and causing it to fan outwards.

So basically when we perceive reality and then navigate through it what we are doing is filling up the hard drive of the universe and since the universe is infinite it just keeps on growing outwards infinitely.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Imagine this:

only "Here" and "Now" exist. The only reason why it seems like "another" exist is because YOU are shifting your energy and therefore going into a new "Level/Dimension".

So imagine this. If you are at your computer and you "go" to the bathroom. You didn't "go" anywhere at all because only "HERE" exist, you just switch the dimension that you were in (the energy).

Anything and everything that exist is "HERE" but you don't experience it all once because there are different dimensions of "HERE".

"work", "home", "friend house" all of this is "HERE" on different dimensions (including different people).

"past", "present", "future", "any combination of potential situations" all HERE on different dimensions.

Well, this is just ONE interesting idea.
edit on 30-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Imagine this:

only "Here" and "Now" exist. The only reason why it seems like "another" exist is because YOU are shifting your energy and therefore going into a new "Level/Dimension".

So imagine this. If you are at your computer and you "go" to the bathroom. You didn't "go" anywhere at all because only "HERE" exist, you just switch the dimension that you were in (the energy).

Anything and everything that exist is "HERE" but you don't experience it all once because there are different dimensions of "HERE".

"work", "home", "friend house" all of this is "HERE" on different dimensions (including different people).

"past", "present", "future", "any combination of potential situations" all HERE on different dimensions.

Well, this is just ONE interesting idea.

If you are talking about perception, then yes you are right there is only the NOW we perceive. We cant experience the past and the present because that would be the present same for the future and the present its still the present. It will always be the present until you die. And nobody knows what happens after that.

So im not following how that relates to what I posted.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I like the idea of extra dimensions, especially now there is serious research going into the idea.
It's not just a pulp fiction theme anymore

Hopefully we'll all get to know more when ELI fires up.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
I like the idea of extra dimensions, especially now there is serious research going into the idea.
It's not just a pulp fiction theme anymore

Hopefully we'll all get to know more when ELI fires up.

ELI, is that a particle accelerator or some other device to test for other dimensions?

I thought ELI = GOD..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Yep Extreme Light Infrastructure project

One of their party tricks will be to punch a whole in space/time and try to see what lies beyond the curtain.
Hopefully other dimensions

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu

Yep Extreme Light Infrastructure project

One of their party tricks will be to punch a whole in space/time and try to see what lies beyond the curtain.
Hopefully other dimensions

How can they use 3D matter to see into 4D?? Amazing stuff these humans are capable of.

I just hope any hole they open they can then close again. I dont like the idea of having aliens from another dimension pouring into this hahahaha.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

How does this theory of perceiving reality relates to what you are saying here? Ok, I'll be more specific. I'll answer according to the theory I described.

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
The thought occurred to me while trying to explain how weird the sub-atomic world works in relation to the macro world we live in. I was explaining as I could best the idea that at the plank scale particles zip in and out of existence

No particles are moving "in" and "out" of existence. Only "Here" exists and as your energy changes, you shift to another dimension of "Here" - and from your new dimension it seems like they are there, and as you change again it seems like they aren't.

Instead of particles popping "in" and "out" of existence, it is just you changing dimensions of this "Here" and therefore the different things that you can perceive in the dimension of "Here" that you are in, changes...

So when I speak of perception what I mean are the 2 realities we inhabit. The reality all or most humans are tuned into which are the 5 senses and the private reality we call our ego consciousness.

One reality called "Here", just many different dimensions. When you are fully conscious you are flowing through a set the "human brain" picked out, when you deeply daydream or sleep, the "dream-mind" is picking out another set of dimensions to flow through.

As im sure most of the readers can attest to is that not everybody is on the same wavelength.

Not wavelengths, but dimensions. Sometimes you go into a dimension where that person is "accessible" and sometimes you go into another dimension where they are not.

how anybody could perceive something that wasn’t there. Obviously the reality in their head is as real to them as the reality in yours.

They too, are traveling in different dimensions.

Remember, even "walking" in this reality is a bunch of different dimensions. Each change that you perceive of is actually a change of dimension in this same ONE place called "Here" (or "Now" if you prefer).

Now combine that with every human ever born and every human alive right now and future humans. That is a lot of micro realities and that doesn’t even take into consideration all the possible alternate versions of how each of those micro realities can collapse into.

It doesn't have to because the dimensions of this one place called "Here" are infinite. They were not designed by humans or for humans, they just always existed infinitely in this one place called "Here" it is just that the human consciousness is more wired to shift through certain particular dimensions (such as dimensions which would seem like a second has passed from "NOW" - even though it is a shift of DIMENSIONS sense time does not exist).

Could this have something to do with dark energy and dark matter?

It has nothing to do with anything. It just is, but the human consciousness can choose to shift into dimensions in which it does.

we know there is something that is causing the universe to expand and expand faster as time goes on

Cause and effect is also just dimensional shifts.

What if in order to experience any given micro reality the universe has to have a version of that realty stored somewhere and that storage is what’s filling up the universe and causing it to fan outwards.

Not fan out. Completely stable with an infinity of all past, present, future, and possibility dimensions within stacked in one place as YOU shift through it. Of course through the human brain it will keep it shifting through dimensions to appear as "cause" leads to "effect" and "future" happens after "past".

The best way to think of this infinite dimensions of here thing, is by imagining this.

Imagine you see a butterfly outside. That one "picture" you see, is one dimension, and as it appears to be "moving" you are actually shifting through dimensions. So the "movement", and "time" is just an illusion as everything is here and it is YOU who shift through different dimensions.

It is like an infinite amount of different pictures exist of all past, present, and future possible situations of the universe, and in "your" experience, your brain is shifting through these dimensions like "screen-shots" to create a "movie" (flow of screen shots).

It would be possible to jump from "tomorrow" to "yesterday" but the human brain is filtering these images to create a "movie" which makes sense to it.

This is just one theory but a very interesting one.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I have heard this theory about slipping into multiple dimensions every moment we are conscious. basically you are saying that every possible eventuality exists and that the only way we experience reality is by choosing which of those dimensions we choose to move into. Is that what you mean?
edit on 30-12-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

According to this theory yes, but I would use the term "choose" very loosely, since the brain is filtering your "transitions" through dimensions and will try to keep it linear "Past-Present-Future" , "Cause-Effect"...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

According to this theory yes, but I would use the term "choose" very loosely, since the brain is filtering your "transitions" through dimensions and will try to keep it linear "Past-Present-Future" , "Cause-Effect"...

If it is subconscious and filtered through to the conscious would that be something like destiny. Since its directional but not conscious but still your choice since its your higher consciousness. Its really hard to express abstract thoughts via txt and still get the meaning across because words are a form of symbology. A word can have multiple meanings to different people.

Its kind of like collapsing a waveform of probability every instant to exist in the present. I understand what you are trying to get across.

How does all this play into the afterlife?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The human brain is the filter making us think in terms of "past to future" , "cause to effect" - without the human brain (death) we realize that all is existing now so time does not exist. and any "moment" can be relieved (whether it is in the past, present, future, of "your" experience, "another", or any variation).

So in this theory, there is no such thing as "re" incarnation. All incarnations are happening simultaneously, this human brain just happens to be filtering/focused on this one.

new topics

top topics

join