It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested after online rant against Liverpool and Hillsborough disaster victims

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

So this very basic human emotion should be eradicated with unlimited prejudice, because other people hate this emotion?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I do not agree with your definition of hate.

I do accept a definition of hate, just not your definition of hate.

For more information on why your definition is not the only definition, please see my post which you're ignoring by clicking my name below.

reply to post by Dispo

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Do you hate hate?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
For all those still replying to me, don't expect to hear much else. Like I said, I'm done with this thread now. I'm tired of the lies people are telling and I'm surprised people though so low of me too. My last comments can be found here, take it or leave it..

Originally posted by Rising Against
Some of you just aren't getting it I'm afraid, and now I feel the need for some clarification. It seems flat out lies have even been posted, something I don't appreciate one bit. So, let me clarify a few thing's:

"Rightful free speech" is something I, and of course others here, fight for. I have done in the past, and It's something I'll fight for again in the future. End of. Fact. Case closed. If you want to challenge that then you're fighting a massively losing battle. I'm a supporter of it as is everyone else here, and in particular I support the likes of those others who have publicly fought for it too.

This being so, flat out hate speech on the other hand, well, no, I don't really give a damn what anyone says about speech, I'm never going to support that. Not now, not ever. Sorry, but that's the way it's going to be. If you have something hateful to say well then say goodbye to the respect I had for you and say goodbye to my support for you too. Because It surely will be gone.

And come on now, why is all of this a surprise to anyone here? I've always had this opinion. Nothing has changed. I've always been a massive supporter of rightful speech - just look at my threads if you don't believe me (
), but never have I been a supporter of hate. Nobody should. As far as I'm concerned it has no place, and never will have a place, in society. It's not needed nor should it be so wanted.

My mod tag has absolutely nothing to do with anything either. If anyone wants to bring it up of course, then well done, you're going off topic in an attempt to insult me to a degree. You just lost a debate. It's this kind of thing which I'm talking about here as well. We can have an Intelligent discussion but time and time again people have chosen to resort to attacking others because they don't like what they hear, and not just in this thread but in others too, not forgetting in real life. Is that really what we want to see, attacks? How is that productive, how is that kind of hate productive anywhere? It just isn't. It's a detriment if anything.

Sure, I may have gone a bit far when I applauded the jail of this person, that I admit. And I am man enough to admit when I may be wrong. Let's remember though that Hillsborough means a hell of a lot to me after all, it's why I recently wrote a thread about it, something which was frustratingly hard to post. But at the same time, never will I apologize for having my opinion that hate is something that we should challenge because it does need to be. To openly allow it in society without a care, well, that's not something I can ever accept. And truly, I'm saddened that others can accept it so easily though, I really am. This may be my last post on the matter as I'm tired of the nonsensical lies and crap posted by others, but really, I have to say this,.. if you support hate, then you really need to take a look at your own morals here. There's supporting free speech, and then there's that crossing of the line by allowing pure, absolute hate into our society. To allow it willingly is taking a massive step backwards..
edit on 30-12-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What if the guy is right and he has a reason to be that pissed of? Do you want to ban all hate, even when there certainly are situations where it is justified? Hate is a natural human emotion that has its place in a healthy society. Pathologising all hate is the height of stupidity.

"Hate" has become a buzzword nowadays.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yorkshirelad

So, I live in a rural community in Maryland. Many of the people within my community still believe that African Americans are an inferior race. Many are racist and don't know it. Many project bigotry. With the comment you said about labeling communities, you are arguing that if I call my community bigoted, racist, and stuck in the stone age I should be arrested? Your argument breaks down rather quickly as I don't see the individual in this video specifically targeting any race or group of people other than those that have apparently caused him pain. He generalizes them across the whole of Liverpool and that warrants his arrest?

Some of these ideas are rather fallacious and need some honing.
edit on 31-12-2012 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thread temporarily closed.
We expect members to stay on topic.......

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Reopening.
Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

edit on Mon Dec 31 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Another victim of Facebook violence. Wait, what?

Another reason to keep away from Facebook. Caution: side effects of using this service could result in your arrest and incarceration.

Sigh. When will people learn that the right to free speech, that's an American thing? Same with freedom of the press. You just can't get by with speaking your mind in social media circles; a moderator could ban you for your opinions.

If the guy was living in America, I'd say more power to him because he can be any kind of moron he wants online. There is the cyber-distance that keeps me safe from his crazy-person-on-the-bus attitude complex. As long as it doesn't leave his house and come to my person, it's no big deal. We are mature enough to disagree with one another and there would be no long term problems.

Just wait until they give those moderators real police badges, as cyber police. They'll have to drive up to your house with a printout. You know they already have their private forums for gossiping about the sheeple.

Lets blame the sports for this. Bunch of sports gangsters out there, getting all unsportsmanlike. They better behave themselves before they get one of those asbos.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Many people here posting about how he should have been arrested need to remember a couple things: First, he was arrested for simply speaking. Secondly, what's next? Will we see people arrested for talking about a touchy subject i.e. 9/11, or writing a detective story about solving a murder?

You may scoff at that suggestion now, but it doesn't take too much walking to get from "arrested for hateful speech" to "arrested for calling a person a name." And that's not the only place it can go.

First Brits want us Americans to give up our guns, and then they cheer and laugh at a story like this? And you wonder why we won't give up our guns?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
Wow, I came into this thread expecting to see a lot of "well done's", and "thankfully this guy was arrested", but instead I see everyone thus far complaining about it? Seriously? Wow, how absolutely disgusting that is.

The Hillsborough disaster is called a disaster for a reason people. Period. 96 innocent people died that day when they shouldn't have. 96 families were punished in the most horrible way and millions of people even watched this incident take place live on television. It's something that's scarred many. And someone's actually ranting about it and being highly offensive to the victims, victims of which were blamed for their own deaths up until this year until the truth finally came out.

Yet, bearing this in mind, the fact that someone is offending those who wrongly died, some of which were yet to reach the age of 15, the offender is being defended right here on ATS. That actually makes me quite sad to be a member.

Well done for this moron being arrested. He can spew his hate in prison.

Edit: Sad thing is I'll probably be one of the only one's saying this too. But, it has to be said really. This is just pure hate speech from a pure moron. The fact some are defending it sickens me too.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Its 1984 and everyone is mysteriously disappearing.

Regardless of who it offends, you cannot tell someone not to have an opinion.

This isn't about right or wrong. This is about whether he deserved to go to jail for stating his opinion.

There will always be vocal idiots, are we going to throw them all in jail. If that were the case half of the population would be in jail, and would be unproductive to society.

Your thinking amazes me, and not in a good way.
edit on 12/31/2012 by INDOMITABLE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join