It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested after online rant against Liverpool and Hillsborough disaster victims

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Free speech is great, and yes everyone should be allowed to exercise that right, but you should be able to accept that some peoples reactions will be varied. Don't like that? Can't handle that? Then shut up.

The same can be said to the people that took offense.

Nobody was forced to look at his FB page or at the YT vid.

There is no legal grounds for the arrest, because no threat was made, no matter how you interprete it.

They should've sent a social worker to see if the guy needed help instead of arresting him.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

Originally posted by oper8zhin
Americans FIGHT for their RIGHTS unlike the UK.

No they don't. Prove me wrong.

Americans of yonder sure did fight for their rights but those Americans of yesterday are a far cry from the obese, lazy, distracted, & self loathing Americans today. Today, sadly, most Americans Do Not fight for their rights & that's why the Patriot Act & Indefinite Detention of Americans exists today, amongst many other things. The closest thing we had to Americans fighting for their rights were the hippies & OWS. Too bad stupid Americans joined the MSM in mocking & not standing behind them.

Americans, we deserve everything that's coming to us, which I assume will be detention camps next.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

First let me say thanks for linking to the vid. Now I know what I look like when I've run out of coffee.
Secondly, the Liverpool Echo article you link to has a comment under the story that links to an ATS thread. ATS is indeed the centre of the universe.
Thirdly, I saw a comment in this thread mentioning dismemberment. Now I'm as eager as the next ATS member to defend freedom of speech. However I feel if you're going to say something like that you should talk real or not at all. OK I'm not always the best example of that but, here it gets personal, friend of a friend, my friend being one of the Smithsdown Road crew, did suffer this fate. While alive. If this kind of thing is to be discussed in my opinion it should be used as a warning to those who get involved in the gangster scene.
A great many of us are putting everything we have into the battle for freedom. That's freedom of speech and freedom from false imprisonment or any of the other myriad 'punishments' that are dished out often for the most minor infractions of 'the code'. Breaking wind in a lift having been mentioned I believe.
Well that's me all typed out.
I'm going back to spreading the word on the various things I'm dealing with. The lack of openness about Assistant Chief Constable Walter Jackson's mental breakdown being one of them. That, if you don't already know, is the one factor above all else that was responsible for the terrible loss of life that day.
Dude in the vid had a bad day.
Give him a break.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I once got a telling off for some foul tweets about the ibrox disaster.

Its a shame that a person can not express how they feel without getting in trouble for it, it feels like free speech is being grasped away from us.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Sir, the fight for justice continues as long as Walter Jacksons alleged apparent mental breakdown is not widely discussed. The possibility that survivors groups have been manipulated for political gain is repulsive. Those mothers. How will they feel to find closure is still not yet here.

The ATS thread linked to in the Liverpool Echo comments contains a video with accounts of this breakdown. The thread also contains the allegation that Hillsborough was a black operation designed to be used precisely now. Whoever wrote that thread has a lot to answer for.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Kester because: clarifying language

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Well said! It does seem that people now days are so quick to complain and whine about every single little thing that people do or say and expect that the police or whoever will get involved with any little thing. A women down our street a while ago called the police because her son who lives with her (who is also 22 years old btw) came home drunk and she was angry that he had been drinking, she wasn't even trying to have him removed from the house so God knows why she called them or what she expected them to do, it's like she wanted them to tell him of like a naughty boy because he wouldn't listen to her. They actually came inside sat on his bed and started talking to him in order to wake him up, finally they left hen he explained that his mum simply is 'a bit mental' which I thought was funny, but kinda worrying that they felt the need to stick their noses in when she wasn't even reporting a crime and called the emergency services for no reason and wasted their time, yet wasn't warned that it is an offence to waste police time which I thought was a bit odd as it seemed like they were happy to stick their noses in despite no offences being committed.]

All that's needed with this idiot in the film are his friends and family to tell him how stupid and embarrassing he is behaving, no need for police intervention whatsoever. I know it's a very very sensitive issue, but so are many many other things.

On another note what about all the Muslim protesters who picketed British soldiers funeral processions in front of their poor families and colleagues?!?! Surely that is far more hurtful and disturbing than this online rant. Also this is a far bigger threat to public order as emotions are running far higher at a funeral with family members and colleagues who most likely were there when these men and women died. But funny enough they were not arrested or even told to move on, instead a man was arrested for throwing bacon at them in order to try and make them leave. Not saying that this is right, but in my eyes that is far less offensive than the protest held alongside the funerals where signs stated that the dead and serving men and women would be 'going to hell'. If it was the other way around I imagine that the outcome would have been very different.
edit on 10/10/2011 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

. Are we really now saying that thinking and publicly expressing a defferent opinion is a criminal offence?

Will people who don't believe the official stories behind 9/11, 7/7, the madrid train bombings etc etc all soon be arrested because of the offence it causes to the victims?

Will it be a hate crime to move away from what the government tells us has happened?

No you can think and say just about what you want in those areas as long as you don't attract a crowd at least for now here-- in the States-- ( or make a direct threat). But just remember it's all being filed, for the sake of Total Information Awareness and who knows how much fascism the future holds. I don't think it will be a problem though until the forced injection program gets up to speed, after that, all bets are off.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Headphone users turn down volume before playing this vid.

This guy is thought to have been somehow forced to climb a mountain in freezing weather, drink some whiskey and take off his warm clothing after speaking honestly about false flag terror. I guess whether or not it's dangerous to tell it how it is might depend on who you are.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by DoYouEvenLift

Can you prove they were not drug addicts? Either way that is a fine line you want to impose and it isn’t the type of thing I want to see here.

This is crap.

I don't have to prove that any of them are NOT drug addicts.

The man making the claim has to prove that ALL of them are drug addicts.

This is how libel works. This is the law in both UK and USA, and in many MANY other countries. TO say otherwise opens up a litany of "guilty until proven innocent" garbage that is illegal.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogueMcChronic

Originally posted by DoYouEvenLift
What is the big deal?

He made libelous comments and has been arrested because of it. I wish it happened more than it does, frankly, the internet would be a much more hospitable place if there were real world consequences for your words.

You can't just go around saying whatever you want about whomever you want and expect it to not have consequences. He didn't just say "They got what they deserved" he said, "They got what they deserved BECAUSE THEY WERE DRUG ADDICTS." Calling someone a drug addict is libelous and a crime.

This is open and shut.

OMG, are you serious?

He didn't even name a specific person or organisation. What a stretch. And I don't think you can get arrested for libel or slander, you can only get sued perhaps by the affected person or entity.

With your reasoning a big part of this site would be libelous and illegal.

What a load of hogwash.

It would have been easier for him to protect his person if he HAD named someone specifically. By saying "they" he opened himself up to needing to prove every single person was a drug addict.

Also, a big part of this site IS libelous and illegal!!

Libel is can be criminal in UK and the United States.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious

That is ridiculous! You think calling someone a drug addict can get you arrested? Maybe is you followed someone around saying it to them, but that would be a for of harassment instead. If this was the case then people would be getting arrested constantly, think how many people make comments accusing politicians and just other people in general or everything from corruption to just insults in general.

people need to grow up, sticks and stones will break my bones but words will result in me suing you!!! People need to get thicker skin and not worry about what a single moron says. Who cares what some idiot thinks and says?!?

Publishing unfounded inflammatory statements is -certainly- illegal. Are you so ignorant of the law that you think this ISNT true? Ignorance of the law is not a defense when you break it, dude.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

This isn't a matter of opinion.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

It would have been easier for him to protect his person if he HAD named someone specifically. By saying "they" he opened himself up to needing to prove every single person was a drug addict. Also, a big part of this site IS libelous and illegal!! Libel is can be criminal in UK and the United States.

Lol this is crazytalk. There is no party to be the victim of libel. Who is they?

You think this site and its posters would not be in more trouble if every accusation of treason by politicians would be illigal?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

From your own link,

English law allows actions for libel to be brought in the High Court for any published statements which are alleged to defame a named or identifiable individual (or individuals) in a manner which causes them loss in their trade or profession, or causes a reasonable person to think worse of him, her or them.

Did he name or identify an individual(s)?

I rest my case.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

First they take your guns, then they take your rights.
When you have no more rights and no way to defend yourself, then they make you a slave.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

From your own link,

English law allows actions for libel to be brought in the High Court for any published statements which are alleged to defame a named or identifiable individual (or individuals) in a manner which causes them loss in their trade or profession, or causes a reasonable person to think worse of him, her or them.

Did he name or identify an individual(s)?

I rest my case.

He defamed identifiable individuals in a manner that could cause a reasonable person to think worse of them.

This isn't even a matter of opinion, this is open and shut!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I agree in the US it would be an open and shut case of illegal prosecution.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

It would have been easier for him to protect his person if he HAD named someone specifically. By saying "they" he opened himself up to needing to prove every single person was a drug addict. Also, a big part of this site IS libelous and illegal!! Libel is can be criminal in UK and the United States.

Lol this is crazytalk. There is no party to be the victim of libel. Who is they?

You think this site and its posters would not be in more trouble if every accusation of treason by politicians would be illigal?

Generally, yes, the type of things talked about on this website would be considered libel. However.. this site isn't the target of libel lawsuits. Why? Because no one takes this site seriously. Because very few reasonable persons would take the libelous comments on this site as truth.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I agree in the US it would be an open and shut case of illegal prosecution.

On what grounds?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Generally, yes, the type of things talked about on this website would be considered libel. However.. this site isn't the target of libel lawsuits. Why? Because no one takes this site seriously. Because very few reasonable persons would take the libelous comments on this site as truth.

But when this guy speaks it is a problem? Lol.

You really can't be taken seriously, can you.

He defamed identifiable individuals in a manner that could cause a reasonable person to think worse of them.

Who were the indentified individuals, did you learn their names?

Give it up man, you lost this discussion.
edit on 30-12-2012 by RogueMcChronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

But when this guy speaks it is a problem? Lol.

What do you have to say about your own link debunking your claims?

You really can't be taken seriously, can you.

Apparently so. I am not UK Law Enforcement, so I cannot speak to their investigation or evidence.

My links do not 'debunk' anything other than people believing Libel was not a crime.

EDIT: So, because I do not know the names of the Identifiable Individuals, they must not be, nor are they, identifiable. Your logic is superlative in this instance.
edit on 30-12-2012 by DoYouEvenLift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join