It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested after online rant against Liverpool and Hillsborough disaster victims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Man arrested after online rant against Liverpool and Hillsborough disaster victims

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk

A MAN was arrested after launching a foul-mouthed tirade against Liverpool and making offensive remarks about the Hillsborough disaster in an online video.

Merseyside Police said a 25-year-old man from the city centre was arrested yesterday after they were alerted to the video on their Twitter feed.

It is understood the video clip was posted on the man’s Facebook page and later uploaded on YouTube yesterday.

Although police refused to confirm the name of the man being held for questioning, his video was believed to contain rants about Scousers, calling them drug addicts and wishi
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
edit on 30-12-2012 by bates because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
We seem to be getting this more and more in the UK, people getting arrested for speaking their mind or even having 'rants' about things that have upset them.

This seems to be the worst of the lot for me though, arrested for having a pop at the people of a city.

This isn't even the usual stuff which would involve racism or homophobia but the police have no started arresting people angry with a city.

Disturbing.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
How long till you can be arrested for ranting about political correctness?

soon.....

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Freedom of speach here going the same way as in USA.....least we still get a trial.......

We moan we havent got prison space for violent offenders just we are clogging up our prisons with this crap!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Is this something that Amnesty international should be getting involved with?

You can imagine the outrage if this was happening in certain countries, what worries me is that a lot of brits seem to think it's funny or they'll say something like "he shouldn't act like such an idiot on the internet and he wouldn't be arrested".

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Wow, I came into this thread expecting to see a lot of "well done's", and "thankfully this guy was arrested", but instead I see everyone thus far complaining about it? Seriously? Wow, how absolutely disgusting that is.

The Hillsborough disaster is called a disaster for a reason people. Period. 96 innocent people died that day when they shouldn't have. 96 families were punished in the most horrible way and millions of people even watched this incident take place live on television. It's something that's scarred many. And someone's actually ranting about it and being highly offensive to the victims, victims of which were blamed for their own deaths up until this year until the truth finally came out.

Yet, bearing this in mind, the fact that someone is offending those who wrongly died, some of which were yet to reach the age of 15, the offender is being defended right here on ATS. That actually makes me quite sad to be a member.

Well done for this moron being arrested. He can spew his hate in prison.

Edit: Sad thing is I'll probably be one of the only one's saying this too. But, it has to be said really. This is just pure hate speech from a pure moron. The fact some are defending it sickens me too.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

As a scouser with a 96 tattoo on my person, I wouldn't want anyone to be arrested just for making an offensive comment about Hillsborough.

The fact is, we haven't seen the video, we don't know what he's said other than the fact that someone somewhere has deemed it offensive.

I'm glad he was arrested for his own protection, but as for locking him up for saying something mean online, no, I disagree. If he'd said it down the pub to the same people as he said it to on facebook, he wouldn't be in custody right now.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It is sad to see, seems like freedom of speech is under constant assualt in Britain. Here is an idea: how about you block him if his online rant hurts your fragile feelings? Getting a police involved over an online post is a mockery of justice.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

As a scouser with a 96 tattoo on my person, I wouldn't want anyone to be arrested just for making an offensive comment about Hillsborough.

The fact is, we haven't seen the video, we don't know what he's said other than the fact that someone somewhere has deemed it offensive.

I'm glad he was arrested for his own protection, but as for locking him up for saying something mean online, no, I disagree. If he'd said it down the pub to the same people as he said it to on facebook, he wouldn't be in custody right now.

The video is in the OP, he hardly mentions hillsborough.

He just has a big rant about Liverpool.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

I can't get the link to work, it looks broken, could you repost it please?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
yeah exactly!

calm down, calm down!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

reply to post by bates

Yeah, sorry mate, just clicked it myself and realised i must have messed the link up.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Explanation: Uhmmm?

I dont agree with what they communicated ... but I will defend their right to say it!

Personal Disclosure: And I'd defend the offended victims dealing with that within the legal framework available to them.

Just like ATS ... post what you want ... but don't complain to much if one runs afoul of the ATS T&C's.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates

reply to post by bates

Yeah, sorry mate, just clicked it myself and realised i must have messed the link up.

www.youtube.com...

well hes an angry young man isnt he....

i bet the average Scouser is nicer than this guy! not without a sense of irony huh

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Just like ATS ... post what you want ... but don't complain to much if one runs afoul of the ATS T&C's.

We have T&C's for a reason here OL. If we didn't have them, this would be a horrible site to navigate around. Just the same if there were no laws whatsoever regarding speech, if everyone could say whatever the hell they wanted in a public platform, including hate etc, what a terrible place the world would be to live in too.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
i hoew this doesn't come across as offensive to to any scousers, but scousers might have been nicer in the 80's..

just leave this here www.youtube.com...

Prison time for Harry enfields 80's hate crime too? LOL

CX

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I know i'll be in the minority here but i have broad shoulders....

I am all for free speech and all that, but some people really are so thick or so damn ignorant that they can't even realize when to keep their disrespectful, bad mannered mouths shut.

If it takes a complaint and an arrest to make them see what society thinks of behavior like this, then so be it.

Manners cost nothing, nor does respect for others, and especially the dead.

Free speech is great, and yes everyone should be allowed to exercise that right, but you should be able to accept that some peoples reactions will be varied. Don't like that? Can't handle that? Then shut up.

CX.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I don't think the Hillsborough comment is offensive. It's obviously something we as a city talk about a lot, especially in recent months. He's just said it because it's popped in to his head.

He's picked up the scouse method of communication fairly well I see.

Also, I think he might have been arrested for the shooting references to be fair. Plod seems to think everything is a threat lately.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bates

reply to post by bates

www.youtube.com...

"If you think I'm nuts" "Go and tell that to my ______ practitioner" "maybe I could get some benefits"

Probably a good way to get expedited care there eh?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
They'll soon clamp down on any type of free-speech, just a... hold up, someone at the door, oh sh*t, it's some guys in black uniforms and jack-boots

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join