It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smartest Man in America says God exists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

WOW! dude, lay off the kool-aid.
Flouride is a petroleum by-product that was impossible to get rid of and was first marketed as rat poison.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Anyone here got an IQ that high? No?

I'm going with the GENIUS. They see things we don't.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Politics, you say?

What is The Bible? What does it concern itself with primarily?
The whole intent is the subject of sovereignty and the laws.

It details the challenges made to GOD's sovereignty and his one simple law as detailed in the first book of Genesis.
Then it goes on to detail how man when he took sovereignty into his hands had to have more laws.
So GOD laid out 10. But, then man wanted more and more because the truth is that man has not a clue how to rule himself.

Then it progressed on to where man needed judges over the 10,s the 50's and so GOD mocked them and made them have the most onerous of laws to keep. The more laws they demanded the more he allowed them to have.

To whit: I read on another forum that there are 3 million words to our tax laws alone.
I am sure it is the same the world over.

Anyway, I digress.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
People believe in gods because they feel "lack" and want to someone to love them or protect them.

When "smart" people discover new things, some ideas are so "awe-inspiring" that they associate it with the idea of a gods - which is also something "grand" and "awe-inspiring".

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Excellent post. Plain, simple, to the point. I would like to ask: what exactly is your spiritual persuasion?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

If Thoth were the true GOD, then he would be venerated or at least known through generation after generation worldwide.

Thoth was known, and venerated, from roughly 3000 BCE until roughly 400 CE when Egypt was finally conquered. He was then revitalized and once again discovered in the mid 1800s and venerated and worshiped by the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn well into the 1900s. His worship is still known and practiced by Wiccans, Neo Pagans, Pagans, and modern-day polytheists. Which means that Thoth has been venerated and worshiped consistently for roughly 5000 years.

YHVH was first venerated about 1200 BCE, and his worship has lasted until the modern day (2012 CE) which gives him roughly 3000 years of consistent worship. Quite a significant difference between Thoth and YHVH. So your point is moot.

It is no accident that the Bible has primacy over The Book of Thoth.

The "Book of Thoth" is a tome by Aleister Crowley outlining his Tarot deck. The mythical book of Thoth is just that: a mythical book. The "Book of Coming Forth By Day" (Book of the Dead to the layman) was composed around 1100 BCE, while the Tanakh was completed between 600 and 400 BCE. So, even the Egyptian texts are older, and are still in use in the modern day by the same folks I mentioned above (and myself, I have a copy as well).

You won't go to a motel and open the drawer and find it in the nighstand.

And the only reason you'll find a Gideon Bible is because the Gideon's placed them there without consent from hotel managers. Your point here is still moot. Did you know the Bible is the most bought, but also the most given-away, returned, and unread book in history? More people have read the collected works of Shakespearre cover-to-cover than the Bible.

The rest of your reply is historical revisionism. There was no great flood, Yahweh does not predate Sumerian and Akkadian civilization (where Nimrod is from). YHVH is not the original god, or the original creator, or the first to use the myths found in the Bible, etc. The Hebrew's plagiarized the majority of their work.

Have a nice day!

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

There is no substantiated evidence which supports the conjecture that fluoride is, or was, in rat poison. You're letting an emotionally-led agenda mislead you through life. You're a part of the problem, not a part of the solution.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Runciter33

I'm sure this thread will gain much attention from various groups posting various opinions for various reasons.

I believe in the theory of evolution, but I believe as well in the allegorical truth of creation theory. In other words, I believe that evolution, including the principle of natural selection, is one of the tools used by God to create mankind. Mankind is then a participant in the creation of the universe itself, so that we have a closed loop. I believe that there is a level on which science and religious metaphor are mutually compatible

I've argued a very similar stance in some of my threads and in thread replies on similar topics.

Flame on.

The Bible does say we are co-creators with Christ, and Christ said greater things shall we do then he,

When we look at the achievements in science and technology, I see it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Naturally, predictably, people will presume to know HOW a GENIUS thinks and reasons.

Arrogant.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The Language of God.
www.amazon.com...

Collins was an atheist, raised an atheist.

Biography
Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., helped to discover the genetic misspellings that cause cystic fibrosis, neurofibromatosis, Huntington's disease, and a rare form of premature aging called progeria. A pioneer gene hunter, he led the Human Genome Project from 1993 until 2008. For his revolutionary contributions to genetic research, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2007, and the National Medal of Science in 2009. He is a member of the Institute of Medicine and the National Academy of Sciences, and has a longstanding interest in the interface between science and faith. He currently serves as the Director of the National Institutes of Health. He lives in Bethesda, Maryland, and in his spare time he enjoys riding a motorcycle and playing guitar.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Politics, you say?

What is The Bible? What does it concern itself with primarily?
The whole intent is the subject of sovereignty and the laws.

It is a text held by many to be sacred and undeniable, and by which many have freely surrendered their freedoms of both action and thought, and continue to eschew the reclamation of such freedoms. It is a politician's wet dream.

It details the challenges made to GOD's sovereignty and his one simple law as detailed in the first book of Genesis.
Then it goes on to detail how man when he took sovereignty into his hands had to have more laws.
So GOD laid out 10. But, then man wanted more and more because the truth is that man has not a clue how to rule himself.

Let's address that last line. "God" made everything that exists, including the human race. The Bible even stats that man is made in the image of this "God". Therefore, man's rebellion can be traced back to the very nature of this "God". I wouldn't surprised to learn that, if "God" is real, there are many more like him and he is to them as we are to him.

Then it progressed on to where man needed judges over the 10,s the 50's and so GOD mocked them and made them have the most onerous of laws to keep. The more laws they demanded the more he allowed them to have.

Mockery? A parent mocks his/her child by laying down more and more stringent policies? I read about that once. A book, "The Child Called It". It was a true story, every bit of it. The mother had severe mental and emotional issues - it was painful just to read it.

Yes, I am comparing her to the mockery displayed by your "God", in your terms.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by antonia

Dumb mofos think smart mofos are crazy mofos. Lack of comprehension does not always mean lack of intelligence. It just says you speak C++ better than you speak Java. That does not make one better than the other. There will come a day when even the "dumbest" of people has a moment to shine. And without that moment, a lot of "smart" people might have been very sorry.

I don't follow. I'm sorry, but as a dumb mofo I don't understand what this has to do with what I said. Perhaps you can explain it to my stupid self?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thanks for the compliment, AfterInfinity.

I'm an Alekaite. The easiest way to describe what that is, would be to say we're a small sect of mid-western psycho-spiritualism. Although there's a lot more to it.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I bet I can find at least three people in his life who think he is a raging idiot.

This is because dumb mofos think he is a crazy mofo (or a raging idiot) because they can't understand him. Get it now?
edit on 30-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
Anyone here got an IQ that high? No?

I'm going with the GENIUS. They see things we don't.

IQ is not a true measure of intelligence. Human intelligence is too complex to be reduced to one simple number. I do not confer the title of "Genius" to anyone if they have not demonstrated their ability. This guy has done nothing more than score high on a test. He has published nothing and doesn't seem to be keen on capitalizing on his intelligence. Call me when he actually gets something done.
edit on 30-12-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by antonia

This is because dumb mofos think he is a crazy mofo (or a raging idiot) because they can't understand him. Get it now?
edit on 30-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Na, not really. The point was this: Intelligence is subjective. I don't think it's because they don't understand him. He may be lacking in some areas of his life. We all are. I don't know him and thus I'm not willing to believe he is this "smart mofo" simply because he scored high on a test.
edit on 30-12-2012 by antonia because: added a thought

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Runciter33

Interesting that he compares human minds to being in relationship with god... but then leaves out how all that compares to the brains of animals and semi-intelligent creatures.

Doesnt sound to smart, just another person to scared to look directly at a world without their fantasies. Hes just as weak as the rest of the metaphysical crutch bearers.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So, Americia's smartest monkey claims God is real ...... LMAO

This is funny to me and I have to laugh at how religious people change the story and move the goal posts ......

God started evolution and is the master of natural selection ..... What a load of crap and more psyops by the religious community to keep relevant in the lives of people they have fooled for a millennium.

The fact is that most religions die when the fallacy of their beliefs become evident to the people worshiping it. I see this as nothing more than an attempt for religion to remain viable in a modern scientific based world .....

smartest man in the US ... hell no he isn't that!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

metaphysical crutch bearers.

could not have said better .....

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
At first, I was intrigued by what the proclaimed genius said. Now, however, I'm more interested in how everyone is declaiming the man's status because apparently, "genius" is supposed to mean "I adopt your opinions". On the contrary, having an alternative opinion automatically equates to stupidity.

Gee, I wonder how Einstein managed his work?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join