It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smartest Man in America says God exists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Most smart people agree the Universe is a state of conscience (thought). Black matter is a state of thought, not actual physical matter.

Any source to back up this assertion about 'most smart people'?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

You assume too much. Those you have cited are gods, not GOD.
The origin and memory of these is of the fallen angels and their impact on Earthling man.
The tales of their literal exploits of humans and lording over them come down to us through
Nimrod and the Sumerians, Akkadians, Babylonians, etc.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

You assume too much. Those you have cited are gods, not GOD.
The origin and memory of these is of the fallen angels and their impact on Earthling man.
The tales of their literal exploits of humans and lording over them come down to us through
Nimrod and the Sumerians, Akkadians, Babylonians, etc.

The opinion about classification of gods/angels or GOD relies on an assumption that your particular religious faith is correct - Not much difference between beliefs when it comes down to a search for evidence though.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Yahweh, the one you call God, YHVH, is just the god of the Hebrews, wandering nomadic individuals who's mythology echoes those of Sumer, Akkad, the Canaanites, Egypt, and Anatolia. The deities I listed are just as valid as the God you espouse belief in.

If you think there's any more validity in your God than the ones I listed, I'd like to know what authority confirms it. Not what says it, but what absolutely, beyond a doubt, proves that Yahweh is God, but Thoth is not.

I'll be waiting.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
"Smartest Man in America says God exists".

Paradox.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hogwash!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Dumb mofos think smart mofos are crazy mofos. Lack of comprehension does not always mean lack of intelligence. It just says you speak C++ better than you speak Java. That does not make one better than the other. There will come a day when even the "dumbest" of people has a moment to shine. And without that moment, a lot of "smart" people might have been very sorry.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
God does not "exist". The bouncer needs to learn some philosophy.

God is the supposed source of all existence. God is not a phenomenal object that, like Bishop Berkeley, you can kick your foot against in order to prove whether it exists or not. God is beyond the duality of either existing or not existing.

Unaided reason cannot provide proof for or against the necessity of God. All arguments starts from subtle presuppositions that amount to assertions or articles of faith made in the complete absence of empirical evidence. Hence, human minds can reach opposite conclusions because their arguments - however logical in structure - are circular, not linear. They always beg the question by moving towards the conclusion already contained in the unspoken assumptions that started the argument.

Real proof of divine design has been provided in recent years by a theoretical physicist. You won't have heard of his work because the only weapon the scientific establishment can use to undermine research that contradicts its prevailing paradigms and is too rigorous to be labelled the work of a crank is to ignore it - as though it was not worth serious attention - in the hope that few will notice it, so that the false presuppositions of science will survive.

If you cannot accept living in the purposeless, chaotic universe of dead matter taught by science, want to discover hard evidence of divine design and are willing to make the effort to study the rigorous, mathematical research that has uncovered this evidence in spectacular fashion, visit here.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by Biigs

If his idea of God is the Christian one I'd beg to disagree that it would cause less wars. War is something that the God of the Bible absolutely loves. Especially when it's His followers slaughtering those who don't believe in Him. Moving away from religion, from faith, and from God is, to me, the best idea. Religion divides us into creeds and sects, instead of uniting us under our common humanity.

~ Wandering Scribe

hmmmm, aint that funny.
I was almost going to respond to your previous post as to how much faith you have in your unsubstantiated views and your belief in selective tidbits from what you call science when unilateraly denying and faith or belief in other scientific views that would contradict said faith and belief.
So far you exhibit more faith than any poster in this thread....and then you denounce faith as bad and something only attributed to faith in Biblical references and truths.
How wierd huh?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering ScribeIf you think there's any more validity in your God than the ones I listed, I'd like to know what authority confirms it.

Exactly the point I've been making all the way through this thread, there are multiple deities believed by peoples around the world - none of which are able to be proven, all of which rely of faith. Many with deeply opposing teachings.
"X faith is more real than Y faith?"

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
New study here, how IQ does not measure real intelligence.

higherthinkingprimate.com...

edit on 30-12-2012 by Tikitiboo because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The question of gods existence isn’t on the IQ test if it was his score wouldn’t be as high.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by grainofsand

It doesn't take the smartest man in America to know GOD exists.
"Only a fool has said in his heart, there is no GOD".

Others could equally suggest that only a fool asserts there is a god.
Believers do not 'know', remember what faith is - believing something that cannot be proven.
I do not believe in any gods but do not assert 'there are none' just that neither believers or non-believers can prove it either way.
edit on 30-12-2012 by grainofsand because: Spelling

That is your personal definition of faith that you've adopted from other people who, like yourself apparently refuse to believe that a "nobody" is able to experience the works of God for themselves.
The fact that you asked me for evidence is proof enough for me to see that you want an authority figure to tell you what's true and what isn't.
Faith is not without evidence, faith is not without good works/ fruits, and faith requires sight/understanding, I think you'd understand that if you'd read/scrutinized the bible, and even more importantly, understood it, obviously you can't forget the part where one ought to test the bible for it's veracity, imo only someone brave would attempt that...should they know full well that Jesus warned others not to begin until they counted the cost. Do not be fooled by mainstream Christianity if you do not want to be a fool. According to the bible, God would rather people either reject him or know him and know him full well, to go around accusing believers of ignorance seems very much an unsavory pastime anway, I doubt it's all that fulfilling.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

If Thoth were the true GOD, then he would be venerated or at least known through generation after generation worldwide.
He is not.
It is no accident that the Bible has primacy over The Book of Thoth.
You won't go to a motel and open the drawer and find it in the nighstand.

It is that way because deep down all people KNOW the truth in their hearts whether they live by it, or acknowledge it.
Even those devoted to the darkest, evil and most vile of things of the world have their god and know it is in open opposition of Jehovah or YHVH. As was Nimrod. That is where he received his dubious fame. By being the first man after the Great Flood to stand in open opposition of and set up a system of government by which all forms of government have followed the pattern since.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wonders

Originally posted by grainofsand

It doesn't take the smartest man in America to know GOD exists.
"Only a fool has said in his heart, there is no GOD".

Others could equally suggest that only a fool asserts there is a god.
Believers do not 'know', remember what faith is - believing something that cannot be proven.
I do not believe in any gods but do not assert 'there are none' just that neither believers or non-believers can prove it either way.
edit on 30-12-2012 by grainofsand because: Spelling

Faith is not without evidence, faith is not without good works/ fruits, and faith requires sight/understanding, I think you'd understand that if you'd read/scrutinized the bible

Faith is without evidence and aside from old scriptures there really is none.
I have read the Bible extensively in my life and it is exactly the reason I do not believe in any gods - I have also studied other religious texts reaching the same conclusion.
Which bit of the Bible do you like the best? The warlike genocidal god in the Old Testament or the fluffy reformed one in the New Testament who for some reason changed his tune to adapt to society?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

well said!

the defintion of faith is "Faith is the EVIDENCE of things unseen"
I have faith in the wind for example because I have anecdotal and observation of it's existance. It's certainly not a blind faith in either the wind or Yah from mine or others that experience either.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

That has more to do with politics than anything else. If someone were to be given the choice between a terrible truth and a fantastic illusion, which do you think they would choose? I'll give you a hint: examine our educational systems.

edit on 30-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

Mine is where it describes the New Testament revelations as the manifold wisdom of the Old Covenants that put aside the seemingly contradictions that confuse those that seek only contradictions to support their own presuppositions.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

even a "pleb" like myself is capable of discerning for herself that God is relevant and true

Which god exactly? There's a whole lot of them out there:

Anu, Enki, Enlil, Ninhursag, Utu, Nanna, Inanna, Nergal, Ninurta, Nanibgal, Re, Ptah, Atum, Thoth, Horus, Isis, Hathor, Selket, Tum, Maat, Seshat, Asherah, Anat, Baal, Teshub, Telipinu, Kamrusepa, Hannahannas, Kybele, Yahweh, Yam, Mot, Nyx, Ouranos, Cronus, Tethys, Okeanos, Atlas, Prometheus, Aphrodite, Zeus, Hades, Poseidon, Athena, Ares, Ahura-Mazda, Mithra, Varuna, Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva, Ganesha, Kali, Yama, the Buddha, Guan Yu, Han Xiang, the Jade Emperor, the Dragon King, Brighit, the Daghda, Lugh, Morrigan, Maponus, Taranis, Bel, Sulis, Odin, Ing, Tyr, Heimdallr, Freya, Baldr, the Six Grandfathers

And, once you pick which one, by what measure are the rest not real? And after that, by what special pleading is your god exempt from the reason all the others are imaginary?

To insinuate that there is little evidence for God's existence is saddening considering all the evidence there is

Unfortunately, there is no empirical evidence which points to the existence of a deity. While you cannot disprove the existence of a deity, you can prove that they are unnecessary as a catalyst for current conditions. Which is the stance that physics, chemistry, biology, anthropology, and many other social, physical, and chemical sciences have arrived at.

God is unnecessary, if not nonexistent.

Vaccinations are bad, fluoride is bad, I could go on and on about people's appeal to authority.

Vaccinations are good. There's no correlation between autism and vaccination. It was a faulty report which was improperly cited by a woman who used her personal emotional feelings, instead of hard and steadfast research when formulating her opinions about the supposed correlation.

Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay, and strengthens the remaining enamel by preventing acidic build-up caused by bacteria mixing with sugars. Fluoride can be dangerous if misused, but the drinking warer flouride is completely safe, and effective. There's no danger.

Never put your stock in an emotional movement. They come with a plethora of biases.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Smartest man in America says God exist.

Well there's an oxymoron if ever I saw one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join