Smartest Man in America says God exists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
To be honest I today age it's pretty common that if you are even remotely educated you accept that there is probably a being higher than ourselves spiritually to answer to for the deeds of our physical body.

And in all honesty if religion was looked like this we would probably get along better.

Him being the smartest man in America is subjective.

link   
reply to post by ken10

Meh, I'm agnostic personally as I have no proof either way, but I am certainly not intelligent.

However, I do know plenty of intelligent people who believe in God, but I tend to think most people believe in God for emotional reasons rather than logical ones.

link   

Originally posted by ken10
I'm pretty sure most intelligent people declare themselves Atheist/Agnostic.

Einstein for one.

"God doesn't play dice with the universe "

Einstein

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Runciter33

Here is the video of C2C show.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

We've been to the moon 6 times. Also, we have an awesome little robot on Mars.

Just sayin' !

~ Wandering Scribe

lol, bounce that off against the revolutions in telecommunications, computers, flight, etc. humanity should have a base on the moon

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

"In his image"BRAIN CELL & UNIVERSE COMPARISON

He might be thinking along these lines. All of us might be in a giant "God" brain of sorts. Really possible you know.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

You can make money off the aforementioned things in your post, but not space travel as of yet. The capital requirements are pretty large and there is no profit to be made right now. You live in a system which requires profit for anything to get done. As such, I don't think it really reflects poverty of thought on the part of humanity.
edit on 30-12-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
[/yawn] Yet another theory which ultimately has to boil down to faith due to lack of any evidence.

Which god/s does he want to pick for that matter? The Abrahamic God, perhaps take a pick from Hinduism or Sikhism or any number of other firmly held beliefs around the world?

Interesting ideas from someone who obviously spent time thinking about it but as I said, his entire view relies on a presumption that a spriritual deity exists with no evidence to back it up other than multiple translated texts - from the particular religious teachings he happens to have blind faith in.

Good luck to him and others if it helps them get through life without harming others but for me I'll remain a non-believer in any gods as long as no evidence exists to support the wild claims

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have said many times that I believe in a divine principle. I just hesitate to label it a conscious principle. All too often, consciousness tends to lead to judgment, and there is nothing understanding or compassionate about an omnipotent being that judges. It is easier to blame your own mistakes on that which demonstrates them, than to take responsibility and rectify such mistakes yourself, and this is weakness, not godliness.

That is my issue. What this "smartest man in America" says is entirely up to him. I'll take a deeper look when I get back from breakfast.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Einstein's quote actually dealt with his belief that the universe was based on deterministic laws, as opposed to probability (which is what Quantum Mechanics is). He didn't actually believe in God as is being discussed here. Also, you're incorrectly quoting his words. The original quote was:

"Quantum mechanics is certainly imposing. But an inner voice tells me that it is not yet the real thing. The theory says a lot, but does not really bring us any closer to the secret of the "old one." I, at any rate, am convinced that He does not throw dice."

It was subsequently re-worded and used again in various letters and comments. But I am not familiar with an example of the exact variation you quoted. The closest variation I am familiar with is from 1943 where he said:

"As I have said so many times, God doesn't play dice with the world."

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So all the "smartest man in the world" can come up with, is what science and religion have proven over and over and over again. We really don't know. End of story.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I listened to part of the interview. It doesn't take the smartest man in America to know GOD exists.
"Only a fool has said in his heart, there is no GOD".

That said, I thought the most informative thing he had to say was regarding the current upswing in buying
of armaments by US citizens.
In times past, when the people of any country rose up to lift the yoke of tyranny from their shoulders, it was with both sides armed equally in the means of their weaponry.

If the government or overlord had spears and cudgels, the people were also armed with spears and cudgels.
If the people had muskets and bayonnets, the oppressive government also had muskets and bayonnets.

But, here we have an imbalance of power in that the people of this country believe they protect the integrity of
the Constitution and their Rights and Liberty with AR-15s, Remington hunting rifles, and handguns against a
potential enemy armed with tanks, bombs, drones and fighter jets.

The liklihood of a Revolution as has occured in times past in many countries, is now an impossibility.

The only power that can reset the situation is the Higher Power.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

lol, bounce that off against the revolutions in telecommunications, computers, flight, etc. humanity should have a base on the moon

Bounce that off of the ways which religion has stood in the path of potential scientific progress for the past two thousand years. We would have been on the moon already. Ha ha.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
It doesn't take the smartest man in America to know GOD exists.

Others could equally suggest that only a fool asserts there is a god.
Believers do not 'know', remember what faith is - believing something that cannot be proven.
I do not believe in any gods but do not assert 'there are none' just that neither believers or non-believers can prove it either way.
edit on 30-12-2012 by grainofsand because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I understand exactly why and when he said it.

Yet.

He said it. I was focused on the "God Doesn't Play Dice" part myself..
edit on 30-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

It doesn't take the smartest man in America to know GOD exists.

Good to know we're both in agreement that a combination of Brighit, Lugh, Odin, Inanna, Dumuzi, Orpheus, Ninurta, and Thoth govern the mechanics of the Universe.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by Runciter33

Well, first, being the "smartest man in America" does not necessarily make his claims any more relevant or true than the normal human being. The evidence for, or against, his theories does. Accepting his work because he is touted as intelligent is a logical fallacy: an appeal to authority.

Second, it is a well established fact, outside of theologians, that the Bible is rife with inconsistencies, false history, and inaccurate mathematical, biological, and other scientific "facts." If his theorem is developed on any type of Biblical account, creation science, personal faith, or religious doctrine, then it is inherently false.

It could certainly serve as a spiritual belief though. But eventually we all have to realize that introspective and subjective internal "Truths" will most likely never become objective scientific laws. Adding "God" as the "cause" of evolution is unnecessary, as evolution needs no cause. It is just as likely to have been random, chance, or accidental. Saying "God did it" is an emotional response to a human desire to be important and special.

Just my two cents, obviously. I know many on ATS will gobble this up and absolutely love that the "smartest man in America" believes in God.

I agree that his being smart doesn't necessarily make his claims more relevant or true, because even a "pleb" like myself is capable of discerning for herself that God is relevant and true. To insinuate that there is little evidence for God's existence is saddening considering all the evidence there is.
Appeal to authority? wow, wow, wow, let me just say that you really don't need the main stream media to confirm your reality for you. Vaccinations are bad, fluoride is bad, I could go on and on about people's appeal to authority.
Saying "God's not real", is just as much as an emotional response as saying "God is real", you're only kidding yourself if you think that you can separate yourself from your true emotions, unless you're a sociopath I suppose, which I doubt.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: *sigh*

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by WondersTo insinuate that there is little evidence for God's existence is saddening considering all the evidence there is.

So, aside from ancient texts which have been been translated multiple times with different agendas behind the publishers, what exactly is this 'evidence' you talk about?

Oh, and if you are referring solely to the Abrahamic idea of god, what about the other major religions of the world with conflicting beliefs? Can't all be right.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So he's not the smartest man in America? It sounds like he is trying really hard (or the church is) to find an answer to his quest. Most smart people agree the Universe is a state of conscience (thought). Black matter is a state of thought, not actual physical matter.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
with pantheism, there is no conflict as the very definition of the word God rings true.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join