It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Submerged Prehistoric Archaeology...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The land/sea interface could rise by 1 cm a year (1m every 100 years), caused by either globally higher sea surface levels or land being uplifted. Without knowing the local glacio-eustatic and tectonic history of the region it is difficult to know exactly what happened. So it is theoretically possible that regions of that coastline were flooded when the wheel existed.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
As many of you already know I've been advocating a much more in depth study of our now submerged ancient ice age coastlines for years. Don't get me wrong.
There are many such activities taking place all around the world already but I think the general public should be made aware of the possibility that those
now submerged coastlines may hold the key to many long standing mysteries in human history.

1 agrees SLAYER69 that much data may exist in the coastline areas and even possible deeper locations. The question is who will handle this information
and share with the general populace. Because as in the past if sensitive data is obtained it tends to get back burnered and forgotten about as the
human conscious is reprogrammed with something else. Will the data be handled the way Lake Vostok-Baltic sea anomaly or ?Mariana Trench ? not saying there is anything there. But those were some interesting topics that have been forgotten. And with this type of stuff
being downplayed who is to say the next find wont experience similar presentation methods that potentially distract interest..

Originally posted by SLAYER69
When the article mentioned Malta [One of my Absolutely Favorite Ancient sites] I felt compelled to share with those who are unaware of a potential game changer as
far as Human timelines. Which has been staring us in the face for quite some time. The controversial [enigma for some] of the Maltese
"Cart Ruts"[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/bw50e04078.jpg[/atsimg]

Now it's been widely known for years that many of these cart ruts run from quarries to along side
Ancient Temples and some run right into and continue along submerged
into the Mediterranean.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/xk50e040da.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/uy50e0403a.jpg[/atsimg]

There are a couple of nearby smaller Islands which also show ruts both running into the sea and crisscrossing dry land.

The question becomes for some is this. Are these ruts evidence of a much older culture/civilization using the Islands as a source for megalithic stones
for construction and these now submerged tracks prove that the area in question where the tracks run under water was once
dry land [Pre-Ice age melt off] which could potentially put them at around 10,000 +/- B.C. that were then flooded in
Prehistory when the Ice Age Melt off occurred? [Which by the way this means those ruts would predate the first known use of the wheel
by a great many centuries]

Or

Are those tracks simply the result [as many in academic circles believe] (Subsidence)?

1 personally is directed towards option 1. That the beings back then possessed forms of intelligence and technology to move material and build.
Especially when you see these type of structures found in the Malta lower areas.

Thing is how did those beings learn or was it a natural process?
Not to mention the story of the female explorer below-

The World Below Us
Posted Image Posted Image
A Legend of Subterranean Life Forms

There are quite a few stories of strange happenings in and around the deep caves and caverns of the world. I will share one of the most fascinating with you, and if interested I suggest taking a trip to Malta and doing some exploring for yourself, if you have the funds and if you have the nerve.

On the Island of Malta, there is an area of deep catacombs that extend far down into the earth.

This, according to certain sources, was the subterranean passage and chamber which was referred to years ago in an article which appeared in the August, 1940 issue of the NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Magazine. The article stated the following concerning several people who disappeared in these catacombs without a trace:
"Many subterranean passageways, including ancient catacombs, now are a part of the island’s fortifications and defense system. Supplies are kept in many tunnels; others are bomb shelters. Beneath Valletta some of the underground areas served as homes for the poor.

Prehistoric men built temples and chambers in these vaults. In a pit beside one sacrificial altar lie thousands of human skeletons. Years ago one could walk underground from one end of Malta to the other.

The Government closed the entrances to these tunnels after school children and their teachers became lost in the labyrinth while on a study tour and never returned.

Before and after this event, an employee of the British embassy had visited the site and later wrote about it:

One article written by a Miss Lois Jessup, at the time an employee of the British embassy and later secretary for the New York Saucer Information Bureau (better known as NYSIB), appeared in an old issue of Riley Crabb’s BORDERLAND SCIENCE magazine, published by the Borderland Sciences Research Foundation (B.S.R.F.) and was later reprinted in full in Dr. Allen’s book ENIGMA FANTASTIQUE.

Miss Jessup claimed that she visited Malta and the Hypogeum also, once before the tragic disappearance of the children, and shortly thereafter. She described how on her first visit to the catacombs she finally convinced the guide to allow her to investigate one of the so-called "burial chambers" near the floor of the last chamber in the third sub-basement, the supposed "end" of the Hypogeum tour. He seemed to know something she didn’t, but finally consented and told her that she could enter at "her own risk". [4]

In her own words (quoted from source):

"What's down there?" she asked the guide, pointing to a small opening off the walls. "Go there at your own risk, and you won't go far," he replied. This was a challenge Lois couldn't pass up. She talked it over with her friends. Two of them decided to stay with Joe. The other three summoned up enough courage to explore with her. "I was wearing a dress with a long sash that day and as I decided to lead the group I asked the fellow behind me to hold onto it. So, with half-burnt candles in our hands the four of us started through that low, narrow passage, groping and laughing our way through. " I cam out first, of course, onto a ledge pathway only two feet wide, with a sheer drop of fifty feet or more on my right and the wall on my left.

I took a step forward, keeping close to the rock wall side. The person behind me, still holding on to my sash, was still in the tunnel. "I held my candle higher and peered down into the abyss, thinking that with this dangerous drop it was better not to go on further without a guide. Then I saw about twenty persons of giant stature emerge from an opening deep below me. They were walking in single file along another narrow ledge down below. Their height I judged to be about twenty to twenty-five feet, since their heads came up about half way on the wall on the opposite side of the cave. They walked very slowly, taking long strides. Then they all stopped, turned and raised their heads in my direction. All simultaneously raised their arms and with their hands beckoned to me.

The movement was something like snatching or feeling for something, as the palms of their hands were turned down." By this time her friends back in the passage were becoming impatient of the delay. There was a tug at the sash. "Go on. We're all getting stuck in here. What's the matter?" "Well," stammered Lois, "there's nothing much to see." She took another hesitant step forward, her candle in her right hand, her left hand against the cold rock for support. but it wasn't on a cold rock wall, it was on something damp and wet, AND IT MOVED! "Then a strong wind came from nowhere and blew my candle out! Now I really WAS scared in the darkness. I yelled to the others, "GO BACK! GO BACK! Guide me with my sash. I can't see!" "They pulled me back into the low tunnel and we backed up all the way along the passage into the larger room." Lois was relieved to see her friends and Joe, the guide, again. "Did you see anything?" one of them replied. "No, my candle went out," she replied with finality. "There was a strong draft in there." "Let's go," said Joe, looking at Lois, and she returned his glance eye for eye.

She knew beyond any shadow of a doubt that at one time Joe had also seen those giants. There was an expression of caution in his glance which held her to silence. "Out in the hot Malta sunshine again we thanked our guide and as we tipped him Joe said to me: "If YOU really are interested in exploring further it would be wise to join a group. There is a schoolteacher who is going to take a party exploring soon." Lois left her address with him, suggesting that he have the schoolteacher get in touch with her; but she never heard any more of it.

Some few days later one of the friends of the Hal Saflieni excursion called her on the phone. "Remember that tunnel you wanted to explore in the Hypogaeum?"

Well, it says here in the local paper that a schoolmaster and thirty students went exploring and apparently got as far as we got. They were roped together, with the end of the rope tied to the opening of the cave. As the last student turned the corner where your candle blew out the rope was clean cut. None of the party was found because the walls caved in." Miss Jessup was shocked by the news, but it only strengthened her own resolve to say nothing of what she had seen and felt that unforgettable day in Hal Saflieni. [5]

"It was asserted that for weeks afterwards the wailing and screaming of children was heard underground in different parts of the island, but no one could locate the sources of the cries.

As for the Catacombs beneath Malta itself, there are some ancient accounts which say that deep caverns beneath the island continue underground BEYOND the shores, and according to one source [i.e. the ever elusive "Commander-X"], part of this labyrinth stretches hundreds of miles northwards and intersects with catacombs beneath Rome (the hill Vaticanus?) or at least did so in ancient times..." [4]

This makes 1 think there is more to this area in relation to underground/sea passages structures.

check out the map?

Very interesting ancient area..

edit on 12/30/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The wheels on the carts used for transporting stone underwater would have been similar I think. A solid stone wheel, more than likely.

The cart tracks were not created over time but when they were in use. The cart tracks are in solid stone now. The tracks are not earth, the tracks are in solid stone which was soft.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRUELIES11
The cart tracks are in solid stone now. The tracks are not earth, the tracks are in solid stone which was soft.

Or the wheel material was made of strong material or supported a bin which carried heavy materials that marked original tracks and were then further cut intentionally or thru wear of wheel exposure to allow better movements of future materials?
edit on 12/30/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well this has certainly turned into an interesting and at times lively discussion.

Stay civil

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Another great thread SLAYER. Never disappointing.

There are so many things that could be lurking in the ocean and considering we know more about the surface of the moon then we do about our oceans says a lot.

I'm hoping one day they scan the ocean well enough that we find Atlantis and whatever secrets it may hide. There are many conspiracies around Atlantis as well. So it would be awesome if they can locate it and pull up some artifacts and study them.

World Ocean Observatory

Stars and Flag SLAYER

-SAP-
edit on 30-12-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Oooops double post somehow.
edit on 30-12-2012 by SloAnPainful because: Double post

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The survival mechanism of people is to learn. The people living underwater in the caves says the people learned how to use light, which is why the structures are aligned as they are.

I learn from that, all light is not the same.

edit on 30-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The civilization that lived underwater is older than any artifacts or ice age known. The history of people, people are aware of, is but a day in what is the history of people.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The ruts look similar to but also very different then the wagon ruts across the US such as these..

members.virtualtourist.com...

edit on 30-12-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TRUELIES11

The oldest ice age was 'snowball earth' ~650 millions years ago. At that time the only life on earth basically looked like a jellyfish or something like it.
In the last million years we have cyclic warm/cold periods with frequencies at ~100,000, ~40,000, ~20,000, ~1000, ~

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer hits another one out of the park!

Man, I love that stuff!

/TOA

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It would be great if the Smithsonian and the Vatican would open its doors to allow serious investigators a chance to study and speculate what they have hidden because it doesn't fit their paradigm or inside their narrow view of the ancient world.
I doubt it will happen soon as too many people in the scientific community have invested many, many years and effort to prove what they are told is the norm and that anything else is either fraudulent or impossible.
A lot of effort is exerted in fitting a square peg in a round hole.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRUELIES11

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

The survival mechanism of people is to learn. The people living underwater in the caves says the people learned how to use light, which is why the structures are aligned as they are.

I learn from that, all light is not the same.

edit on 30-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

That makes sense and allows credit to remain on the elders for advancing on their own, and do feel its a good mechanism to develop. Do you speak of lantians and others like? TRUELIES11

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Eye witness to the exact same wagon wheel track over a stone outcropping in Nevada. It is amazing how quickly it wears on the rock.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
interesting indeed slayer,
my first thoughts were train tracks
ruts dosnt sound right to me, to get them tracks rutted as deep as they are from wooden wheels just wouldnt happen, and stone wheels would break up and crumble before any damage occured to the ground imho.
so 'ruts' isnt a good name for them.
tracks sounds better.
so they would have to of been dug out for something to traverse along these specific tracks on a regular basis, like you said they go from quarry to monuments etc.
as to what it was that made its journeys along these is up for debate.

basically im saying they are not ruts, but are made specifically for a purpose.

When I first saw how deep the tracks were I could almost imagine they were a form of ordimated cart system
In other words maybe some well trained horses or other demestic cattle would stay on the path because the tracks were deep enough to stop the best of burden from wondering off.
Or even some kind of massive pully system.
They just seem so well worn that if humans were driving them at some point it would be easier to make new tracks to stop the carts bottoming out or getting caught up on there wheel axels.
Just a thought

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Another fantastic find Slayer. As usual , so interesting and well posted. Is it possible that these supposed ruts, could possibly be extensions of an aqueduct system, or perhaps boat launch system. They look constant in width and distance across . I agree with many others, a fresh new perspective is needed to assess what has been discovered and what is to be discovered in the future. New innovative digital methods need to be applied and a young and more youthful approach to discoveries are needed as soon as can be implemented, this in itself will give much credence to inspire a New Generation into this much loved field.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
When you view satellite imagery of the Earth it is incredibly clear how much land has been lost under the water. And that is just the coastlines, if we take into consideration what could have flooded inland (and even been under the massive lakes, bays and gulfs of today) there is SO much left to explore. Many ancient people would have built there house upon the sands of the coast, for its obvious benefits. Makes one wonder how many complete cities where reclaimed by the sea at the end of the last ice age.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
In the American west, there are ruts in stone cut by the steel wheels of thousands of wagons on the Oregon Trail.
travelphotobase.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Quality thread SLAYER!

Personally, I believe the Oceans of the Earth have many answers to the secrets we so want to uncover. From Migration, to evolution, to some of the greatest feats of Construction.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join