It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IT IS ALL A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE, LIFE & SOME OBSERVATIONS AFTER MOVING TO AUSTRALIA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I do have a v8 Falcon, so close to a GTHO (not really).

I've just gone off beer, getting a bit dull, there I said it lol

What's really nice is Jamesons and dry cola.

Try it if you get the chance.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Now you've got me intrigued about the Jamesons.

My wife is Irish and so Jamesons amongst other Irish whiskeys are always in the cabinet but I have not heard of "dry cola".

So I googled it just to discover their new premix "Raw Cola" - is that what you mean?

Either way, you drive a V8 Ford, just recently left your beer bride and drink Whiskey, my faith is fully restored wolf man.

Oh, and I forgive you for drinking Cider, I'll put that down to you being an Eagles supporter

edit on 30-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Yep the new premix.

So smoooooth!

Hey, no jokes about the eagles, we'll be seeing them on the podium come September.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pravdaseeker

I just applied for a job in Oz. One never knows.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Dude, we have over 3000km of rabbit proof fence here.

edit on 30/12/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by beezzer

Dude, we have over 3000km of rabbit proof fence here.

edit on 30/12/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Haven't met a fence that could beat me yet!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Greetings Sublimecraft, ATS Readers,

LOL... god forgive me...lmao! YES, THE BEER, VERY GOOD..

So far, I tend to like Cascade, but 4X is pretty good too.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Welcome to my back yard.I too are on the Gold Coast.How about catching up sometime.I reckon two ATSer's from two sides of the pond would have alot to discuss.

edit on 30-12-2012 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

Greetings PRONTO, ATS Readers,

Oh HOW FUNNY! Great reply to me there.. LMAO!

Yes, I saw gum trees in California, imported they were...lol.
No gum trees in Arizona mountains though.

LMAO... yes, we do seem to have a bit of harsh feelings for NSW folks... My wife calls them something less endearing than corn stalks... COCKROACHES! HA!

My brother-in-law is a big 4x drinker and maroon fan...GOT MY stubbie cooler thing.. It has the Eureka Flag on it!

And it has a special 5X commemorative can in it, unopened...

Thanks for your input.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Greetings vkturbo, ATS Readers,

Ah yes, once again perspective.

I even ran into one bloke who was wanting to move to Tasmania cuz he was fed up with Oz corruption in politics.

The Orwellian disease you speak of is infecting the entire planet. Maybe Tasmania may wind up being a last bastion of freedom?? Who knows..

Yes, I must agree with you on the gun thing too; but I do plan to join a gun club down the road when conditions and requirements are met.

It is/was accepted, because those are/were the laws when I began this process to move here. I am a newbie in OZ, and even if I disagree with it, I must follow OZ laws. Who knows, someday down the road, things may change back, due to world conditions.

It was something my wife and I discussed as well.

Mainly it was, There is no way that older peasants will escape big brother, but AT LEAST, we will be together, where we wanted to live, and be near friends and family we have here in OZ. Not to mention the awesome beauty of the place!

The UN is the devils spawn in my book...got NO LOVE for them wankers at all.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Welcome to Australia Mate, get rid of that XXXX stuff. Give VB a go, truly the nectar of the Gods.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Welcome, enjoy your stay, give it a few months and the veil of corruption and greed will reveal itself to you.

It is a beautiful country and I highly recommend going to central australia and camp out a few nights. Truly amazing.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pronto
reply to post by tinker9917

G,day mate. well, a litre/liter of petrol/gas is approx $1.54. it takes 4 litres to make a gallon. a pint of beer costs $6.50. a carton of 24 stubbies of beer cost $57.00. a ford falcon car 6 pots inline, aircon and so on is around $36,000.00 second hand houses and new ones differ a lot between states and city to regional areas. but a pair of altama exospeed 2 boots cost uU.S $102.00 from a place in radcliff kentucky and $22.00 to ship them in. but buy them in aussie and you will pay $286.00. there are less people on a per head of pop. basis unemployed down here and mates in the mining game are on $90,000.00 a year fly in fly out. 2litres of milk costs $5.60. and a lot of us pay about 37 cents tax in the dollar. does that help.

Jeez, when I left you could still get a carton for 30 bucks and a pack of smokes for $10 and that was only a few years ago too, not like 20.
I miss Oz greatly and will one day move back but the cost of living is unbelievable there now. Just on principal of the matter I would think twice before making the move back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join