It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dachau Massacre. The Slaughter of Nazis in Death Camps During WW2.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

The definition of a holocaust is "a mass slaughter of people; especially : genocide".

Well, that may be the definition now, but it used to mean "burnt offering." When the Old Testament was translated into Greek they used the word "holocaust" to refer to an offering to a god by fire.

I don't think it was an accident that this word was chosen to describe the genocide of World War 2.

If you were going to make a human sacrifice to some dark god, you'd want as many bodies as possible. That's why I don't believe the numbers are exaggerated.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The soldiers got what they deserved. I wouldn't have killed them or let them be tortured just goes against my moral compass. If they're not fighting back and they have surrendered then that's it, they're your prisoner. That's in my books though, as you said these men had gone through a long period of fighting and seeing what they say in combat and at the camps would most definitely cause them to do what they did.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

And there in lies the problem. This thread is about Dachau, and the allied killing of Nazi guards at that camp. As Dachau is in itself a part of the "Holocaust" story... questioning the Holocaust in itself is completely relevant to this topic. However, when someone goes against the official story, they are brushed off simply as Anti-Semites, or Nazi Sympathizers. And this is exactly why this "lie" continues to permeate through history. It's funny how "the numbers don't matter". They only stopped mattering once that "6 million" number was proven to be false. I hate to break it to you but the numbers very much matter. Because if they don't.. then by nature it is not a "holocaust". The definition of a holocaust is "a mass slaughter of people; especially : genocide". There has been genocide through out the world that makes the Holocaust pale in comparison. But we aren't taught of it. We don't hear about the tens of millions of Russians killed during the Bolshevik revolution. We aren't told of the millions and millions of people who die every single year in Africa. We are barely taught about the horrors in Cambodia. But yet the mere mention of "genocide" is attributed to the Holocaust and WW2.

Ask yourself why this is constantly brought back to the forefront of everything. Ask yourself why there are museums everywhere. Ask yourself why in European countries, it is illegal to even QUESTION the holocaust.

And there we see it again, deliberately trying to set up a premise for the argument that you wish to put across.

Say the 6 million figure is wrong. Say its 1 million. Its still a genocide. A specific, targeted killing against ethic, religious, cultural groups and those perceived as "different" by the Nazi's. You're just using numbers as an excuse.

And the reason we don't see those other genocides mentioned there hotly contested with hate where the numbers of people killed on ATS is questioned almost on a daily basis is because...why?

You obviously know about the Russian genocides, and Cambodia - why aren't you contesting the numbers there so ferociously in a different thread?

The answer is because they don't involve Jewish people, so the bigots leave them alone.

Because the bigots frame their argument around the Jewish element. Not around the Russian POW's, Slav's, gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah's witnesses, Polish gentry, resistance members, political dissidents and handicapped people who were also killed in the holocaust in WW2

Its only ever about the Jews.

Its only ever about bigotry.

Its the only reason.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I could around 46 soldiers either dead or about to be.

50 seems correct to me assuming the photo was near the end of the killing. Atrocities occurred on both sides however, lets ask why the put to death Nazi's after the war yet can't save time and money in trials for what ends up being the same thing as occurred here?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

And there in lies the problem. This thread is about Dachau, and the allied killing of Nazi guards at that camp. As Dachau is in itself a part of the "Holocaust" story... questioning the Holocaust in itself is completely relevant to this topic. However, when someone goes against the official story, they are brushed off simply as Anti-Semites, or Nazi Sympathizers. And this is exactly why this "lie" continues to permeate through history. It's funny how "the numbers don't matter". They only stopped mattering once that "6 million" number was proven to be false. I hate to break it to you but the numbers very much matter. Because if they don't.. then by nature it is not a "holocaust". The definition of a holocaust is "a mass slaughter of people; especially : genocide". There has been genocide through out the world that makes the Holocaust pale in comparison. But we aren't taught of it. We don't hear about the tens of millions of Russians killed during the Bolshevik revolution. We aren't told of the millions and millions of people who die every single year in Africa. We are barely taught about the horrors in Cambodia. But yet the mere mention of "genocide" is attributed to the Holocaust and WW2.

Ask yourself why this is constantly brought back to the forefront of everything. Ask yourself why there are museums everywhere. Ask yourself why in European countries, it is illegal to even QUESTION the holocaust.

And there we see it again, deliberately trying to set up a premise for the argument that you wish to put across.

Say the 6 million figure is wrong. Say its 1 million. Its still a genocide. A specific, targeted killing against ethic, religious, cultural groups and those perceived as "different" by the Nazi's. You're just using numbers as an excuse.

And the reason we don't see those other genocides mentioned there hotly contested with hate where the numbers of people killed on ATS is questioned almost on a daily basis is because...why?

You obviously know about the Russian genocides, and Cambodia - why aren't you contesting the numbers there so ferociously in a different thread?

The answer is because they don't involve Jewish people, so the bigots leave them alone.

Because the bigots frame their argument around the Jewish element. Not around the Russian POW's, Slav's, gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah's witnesses, Polish gentry, resistance members, political dissidents and handicapped people who were also killed in the holocaust in WW2

Its only ever about the Jews.

Its only ever about bigotry.

Its the only reason.

Wow, you didn't even mention homosexuals in your bigoted rant.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by daaskapital

Neo-nazis posting on the ATS forum, trying to find ways to excuse the slaughter of 30 million victims in the concentration camps by making us feel sorry for these thugs and psychopathic animals being executed by russian and american troops.

Nice one.

Whats next? Some kind of sob story where we are to feel sorry for the Pol pot murderers that slaughtered over 2 million cambodians?
edit on 30-12-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

I guess everything really is a conspiracy to some people. The op, and everyone who replied before you, sounded completely thoughtful, calm and sane. Then you come on with a hate-filled rant that sounds near psychotic when considering it is accusatory towards such a mild post (that even came with a disclaimer). You have a problem. Sadder still are the many people who gave you a star for that silliness.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Not only did you not read my post properly - as is obvious from the fact that you completely missed the word homosexual in it - you also clearly didn't comprehend it.

Maybe you should read it again?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Don't worry Daas.

I sit on the fence between because my relatives were big into the Nazis back in the day, but this is a wonderful post, and I thank you for sharing.

It helps Germans like me understand our history you know?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
What's the end game of the original post?

It wouldn't be hard to make some assumptions since the same poster started the thread on the nuclear bombings of Japan. Out of respect for the amount of information and research the OP put in hopefully no one takes it that way.

I just don't understand what is to be gained by starting either thread. War is horrible, as so eloquently stated by someone else, nothing about it makes sense. People do horrible things. I find it insulting for someone who has never been in war, not directed at OP as i know nothing of his/her history, to pass judgement.

What I know of WWII is the following.. Horrible, terrible things were done by all sides in involved. That's the reality of War and not the Hollywood version.

If we accept the OP at his/her word, there is no "end game" to the original post. OP states the purpose was simply to introduce something they found interesting, and that others may not have been aware of (which I was not). People do sometimes learn things in a good thread. Learning, for some of us, is a good enough reason in itself. But, I don't think you can ever stop telling these stories. Generations go by and new generations are removed from what happened; they need to get a reality dose. You seem to have a blase point of view towards the evil of mankind, and I get that. If you are an older person perhaps, and have seen/read/heard a lot in your life, you perhaps need no more. Others who have not experienced so much do.

By the way, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion about your comment on people who have not been in war passing judgement is that it smells of arrogance. I see too much of what appears to me as self-agrandizing of those who join the military and then come back thinking they are better than everyone else because they "fought for us, have seen it all, kept us safe while we got to lead our lives, etc.". I personally never asked anybody to join the military, get government pay and benefits, and go kill in my name. As far as passing judgement, well I have a brain too. I can accept the fact that I may not have seen something first-hand, and therefore can't have the same first-hand effect to me that a soldier had, but I can also use my basic morals to know right from wrong. I can be the clear head that tells that soldier "I'm sorry war affected you in such a terrible way, but from my calm, clear perspective over here, let me tell you not to lose your better humanity, your better soul, and yes, what you are doing is wrong if you are randomly slaughering or enjoying what you are doing."

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
previous comment posted twice. disregard this one.
edit on 1-1-2013 by gidwa because: double post of same comment

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh

Don't worry Daas.

I sit on the fence between because my relatives were big into the Nazis back in the day, but this is a wonderful post, and I thank you for sharing.

It helps Germans like me understand our history you know?

Thank you very much for the comment!!!

It is an honour for me to hear those words from you.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Keep posting the same type of stuff Daas.. Some people don't like to hear anything that challenges what they have been conditioned to accept as true... It is sad that people have to believe lies in order to feel good about the country they live in... I have been enjoying your threads and would really like to read more of them by you.....

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
Keep posting the same type of stuff Daas.. Some people don't like to hear anything that challenges what they have been conditioned to accept as true... It is sad that people have to believe lies in order to feel good about the country they live in... I have been enjoying your threads and would really like to read more of them by you.....

Thanks for the kind words mate!

I'm currently writing some stuff on the Japanese WW2 Unit 731. Once finishing that, i plan to move on to some other WW2 stuff...also thinking of writing some unrelated threads(which will be about the same, if not bigger than this thread and other recent ones).

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I am German (with a Polish refugee mother and a Czech refugee father, and thus horrible family stories about WWII - just to set this straight so as to discourage any "Nazi" notions one might have about what I would likle to add).

Actually, I live close to Dachau and have visited the camp numerous times - not lasty because it was a mandatory school trip on pretty much a yearly basis. Anyone visiting the camp nowadays must understand that there have been massive "renovations" over the decades, that entire buildings have been refurnished and that Dachau actually makes good money with the camp tourists. The layout that you see today probably does not resemble anything pre-1945 much.
I am not saying that "nothing happened there" and neither do I feel any sympathy for the Nazis. But I have witnessed a certain kind of revisionism with my own eyes there.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by hypervigilant

Thanks for the kind words mate!

I'm currently writing some stuff on the Japanese WW2 Unit 731. Once finishing that, i plan to move on to some other WW2 stuff...also thinking of writing some unrelated threads(which will be about the same, if not bigger than this thread and other recent ones).

Unit 731 was as disgusting and despicable as the German nazi programs, maybe even moreso. I've researched it before and don't have much desire to revisit it. For those who have no knowledge of it, prepare to be shocked and disgusted to the core. The fact that many of the perpetrators were simply let off by the Occupation Forces in Japan after the war is a war crime in itself - you see, the biological warfare research conducted against not only Chinese prisoners, but South Asian and Caucasian ALLIED POWs was considered too valuable for Cold War research. Rather than let them stand trial they spirited them away to secret labs in the US to continue their despicable work. If it's anything like this one started out Daas, it should be an awesome thread. Shouldn't be too many Unit 731 or Nanking deniers out there to derail it.

Another one you might want to look into is the massacre of cut-off Japanese forces in Burma by the British army. They simply drove them into a swamp (Irrawaddy delta?) and let the snappin' handbags get 'em.
edit on 1-1-2013 by nottelling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
we can open a new thread and divide it in to topics involving camp, gas chambers, man power, disposal etc, that way we can get the myths out of the way first.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by chishuppu
we can open a new thread and divide it in to topics involving camp, gas chambers, man power, disposal etc, that way we can get the myths out of the way first.

Holocaust Denial being the biggest myth of all of course.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neversaydie
reply to post by SteveR

We must remember the mindset then was different Germans where looked on as evil, with the atrocities of Lidici and Origador and what they did in Greece they raped and plundered everywhere they invaded.They where capable of anything.
If they had the A bomb they would have flattened everywhere as they used every new weapon they made.
But somehow they did not kill 6 million Jews,well it wasnt from lack of trying then.
I must add if they paid Greece back what they robbed Greece would not be in such a mess now.
In a nutshell they where mass murderers on a grand scale and if they murdered 2million or 6million Jews is irrespective as they would have murdered far more if they had won
As for fairy tale believe me some of the things they did is beyond fairy tale .beyond humanity can imagine with experiments and torture,and as for America thank god we had them on our side god bless them.

But this is exactly the problem. Let's just for a moment speculate that it was 6 million Jews killed. Why is that number so much more significant than anything else? The estimated total deaths caused by WW2 is between 62 and 78 MILLION. The Soviet Union alone suffered over 20 Million deaths. So why, when we talk about WW2, is it always drawing us to that magical "6 Million" number. Are the other deaths any less significant? Germany suffered 8 Million deaths. Is that any less significant? In respect to the OP.. is the gunning down of War Prisoners okay just because they were in charge of a Prison Camp? People of Jewish decent weren't the only ones to suffer during WW2. So why is the focus almost always on them?

Makes you wonder who really won the war 62 -78 million wow that is a lot of people with figures like that 6 million is just a drop in the ocean

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
They made their bed, and thus they laid in it. I feel no pity for those Nazis. If ever there were a group of men who deserved torture and death, those were the men.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jameliel

where they like minded cephalapods or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join