It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Dachau Massacre. The Slaughter of Nazis in Death Camps During WW2.

page: 12
55
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Is this thread about Holocaust denial? No. Its about The Dachau Masssacre. They are two very different things.

So why are people trying to make it into the former?




posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hey DaasKapital...

Since both of your recent posts have been really well researched and written, regardless of whether I agreed with them , could you type up the same thing about Japanese Unit 731?

en.wikipedia.org...


edit on 31-12-2012 by opethPA because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore
 


People brought up German atrocities, and then others brought up the Holocaust, and then a group of Holocaust deniers arrived and derailed the thread.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Hey DaasKapital...

Since both of your recent posts have been really well researched and written, regardless of whether I agreed with them , could you type up the same thing about Japanese Unit 731?

en.wikipedia.org...


edit on 31-12-2012 by opethPA because: (no reason given)


Or maybe one about the V-1 / V-2 damage done to civilians in London.
Or when the Liftwaffe switched from military targets in England to bombing the cities.
Weren't those both targeting civilian targets (as opposed to military) and therefore war crimes ?

I don't think either of us will hold our breath waiting to see those threads.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
They probably heared about what kampfgruppe peiper did and wanted some payback.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
As I have stated many times before, WW2 is not about good vs evil, as history would have us believe, there was evil on both sides and there are times when I do wonder whether or not the lesser evil won. I don't have time to go through the tonne of examples, as I must dash, but do the research and if I have time later I will post them.

Just remember, how government is today, the lies, the betrayal, the wars, the bankers, there is nothing new in this. It was around since the dawn of government and the central bank. Now look back and see just how many conflicts have been about since then and lies that have been uncovered since.

The truth will always triumph in the end.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Are we supposed to feel sympathetic?


No, why? When it comes to human lives only those of jews are valuable. The rest are animals. That's sympathetic...



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny
 


You saw what you saw but you did not see the crimes you read about. That's my point. I had family in WW2 and they knew both sides were doing horrible things, they knew the germans had prisoners they couldn't feed. They knew there were some Germans so twisted by the war they too matters into their own hands and did horrible things in the name of the German people.

Everyone likes to just blame all the Germans for every atrocity that happened, and if not for that, for not doing anything to stop it.

Yet American's have Guantanamo and the same thing is happening there, torture, even death. What are Americans doing about that? Nothing.

So when you go around making the claims you do, without facts to support it, just your eyewitness account (which excludes actually seeing the Jews being led to gas chambers) and you throw in your assumptions that are based off your commanders official story, it makes me a bit angry.

Fact is if they had told you not all Germans were evil and to selectively figure out who was good or bad, you would of been there forever. It was easier to demonize them all, take over their resources and effectively split the country and steal their smartest people then it would of been to oust the leadership, keep the country whole and attempt to fairly prosecute individuals.

That would take too long and be too costly and in that day and age just getting rid of the enemy was all anyone wanted. War was tiresome at that point.
What happened in the end was not justice and the official story has always been slanted to show the allies in the most favorable light, even though they made as many mistakes as Hitler did. The only difference was the Allies weren't embargo'd to starve so they could still feed their prisoners.

Yes horrible things were done to Jews and many died and it was a holocaust, but the way it's told is exaggerated beyond belief and fails to recognize other peoples who were also part of the genocide, most notably the gypsies.

It upsets me that a veteran of this war would not speak complete truths and would go around just supporting the official story which has been proven lately to be light on all the facts and selective in it's dissemination of information.
I know your a patriot, but it's better to be a patriot of truth then a patriot to a flag.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore
 


No one is denying anything, we are merely trying to get to the truth of this.

From what I have read here people don't deny Jews died at all. Nor is anyone trying to downplay that. We are recognizing others were part of the genocide as well, not just the Jews. We also are pointing to facts that not all Germans were guilty and also that both sides committed war crimes.

Your statement is inflammatory and will cause further debate that is not related to this topic.

As someone with standing here I would think you would be above derailment, but it seems you wish to make this about Holocaust Denial so you can hammer this topic down and close it.

I understand you fear the truth and the fact that WW2 wasn't all about the Jews as many would love it to be, but it's not the end of the world.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin
...
Taking sides in matters over 50 years old which you play no part of truly shows you're missing the forest for the trees....



1945 was 68 years ago.


thank you!!!
Your contribution to such important matters is truly appreciated!




posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce
 


en.wikipedia.org...

If your findings go against the holocaust do you know what it becomes



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
reply to post by neformore
 


No one is denying anything, we are merely trying to get to the truth of this.

From what I have read here people don't deny Jews died at all. Nor is anyone trying to downplay that. We are recognizing others were part of the genocide as well, not just the Jews. We also are pointing to facts that not all Germans were guilty and also that both sides committed war crimes.

Your statement is inflammatory and will cause further debate that is not related to this topic.

As someone with standing here I would think you would be above derailment, but it seems you wish to make this about Holocaust Denial so you can hammer this topic down and close it.

I understand you fear the truth and the fact that WW2 wasn't all about the Jews as many would love it to be, but it's not the end of the world.


1. I have to believe that anyone with a passing knowledge of WW2 knows that it was not Germany that was responsible for what happened but rather the Nazi Party and its allies.

2. Here is a great listing of who died in the Holocaust for anyone that wants to read it. Yes the Jewish people comprised the largest number of those killed by far and yes the Holocaust does not mean just Jewish people killed.

en.wikipedia.org...

3. Sorry to compare the scale of what occurred at Guantanamo to the Holocaust is pretty damn silly. Yup the events that occurred by a few at GITMO were horrible and criminal and no where near close to what happened in WW2.

en.wikipedia.org...

4. War is horrible, it brings out the worst in Mankind. Since conventional warfare in the first half of the 20 century was still an extension of mankind and was not all robots then yes stick certain horrible people in horrible situations and horrible things will happen.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Are we supposed to feel sympathetic?


No, why? When it comes to human lives only those of jews are valuable. The rest are animals. That's sympathetic...


Maybe, just maybe, some German troops were stationed at the concentration camp and had no choice but to follow orders. Sympathy? What if one of the killed German soldiers was stationed at the concentration camp two weeks prior to its liberation. He'd follow orders - even if he was disgusted, maybe afraid to step out of line. Only to be killed.

I don't believe your emotional awareness caters for a situation like this.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strainz

Originally posted by Telos

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Are we supposed to feel sympathetic?


No, why? When it comes to human lives only those of jews are valuable. The rest are animals. That's sympathetic...


Maybe, just maybe, some German troops were stationed at the concentration camp and had no choice but to follow orders. Sympathy? What if one of the killed German soldiers was stationed at the concentration camp two weeks prior to its liberation. He'd follow orders - even if he was disgusted, maybe afraid to step out of line. Only to be killed.

I don't believe your emotional awareness caters for a situation like this.


Did you even read my post? One word for you my friend: Sarcasm. !!!



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
Hey DaasKapital...

Since both of your recent posts have been really well researched and written, regardless of whether I agreed with them , could you type up the same thing about Japanese Unit 731?

en.wikipedia.org...


edit on 31-12-2012 by opethPA because: (no reason given)


Yes, i am working on that right now



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
people common sense will tell you the concentration camp stories are overly exaggerated, gassing 20,000 people a day, common now, what modern facility can pull that off in those tiny gas chambers.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Okay, I admit I have not read all the posts in this, so if this has already been pointed out I apologize. My Father was part of the medical team that went into Dachau when it was liberated. I have photos that are truly horrifying as to the conditions there and of the prisoners. I do not doubt that some Germans may have been executed out of anger or horror at what the (mostly) young American soldiers saw there. However, IF you will zoom into the first photo posted in this thread, you will notice that some of the "dead" German soldiers are propped up on their elbows looking towards the camera. A common method to control a crowd or guard a large number of prisoners is to have them lie down, frequently on the stomach. I believe this photo shows prisoners either resting, or being made to lie on the ground.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
As I have stated many times before, WW2 is not about good vs evil, as history would have us believe, there was evil on both sides and there are times when I do wonder whether or not the lesser evil won. I don't have time to go through the tonne of examples, as I must dash, but do the research and if I have time later I will post them.

Just remember, how government is today, the lies, the betrayal, the wars, the bankers, there is nothing new in this. It was around since the dawn of government and the central bank. Now look back and see just how many conflicts have been about since then and lies that have been uncovered since.

The truth will always triumph in the end.


And there it is

The very plain and simple truth, Starred



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCanuckian
reply to post by neformore
 


No one is denying anything, we are merely trying to get to the truth of this.

From what I have read here people don't deny Jews died at all. Nor is anyone trying to downplay that. We are recognizing others were part of the genocide as well, not just the Jews. We also are pointing to facts that not all Germans were guilty and also that both sides committed war crimes.

Your statement is inflammatory and will cause further debate that is not related to this topic.

As someone with standing here I would think you would be above derailment, but it seems you wish to make this about Holocaust Denial so you can hammer this topic down and close it.

I understand you fear the truth and the fact that WW2 wasn't all about the Jews as many would love it to be, but it's not the end of the world.


The truth is that war is hell, and millions of people died.

However, this thread is NOT about the holocaust in the terms of those people slaughtered by the Nazi's. Its about the potential murder of prisoners of war.

My "standing" here has already been covered as the staff consensus was to keep the thread open to discuss the actual topic, not the viewpoint of petty bigots and/or Hitler worshippers who continue to try and hide their bias in terms of "the truth about the holocaust"

Given that the scale of the slaughter was not widely known at the time this photo was likely taken, the odds are that any massacre that occurred was a case of reprisals by US forces for the fact that during the Battle of the Bulge the SS mandate was to take NO prisoners, and many GI's were simply executed - as has been noted many times already in this thread. That and witnessing the inhumanity they encountered on reaching the camps.



posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataDoc
Okay, I admit I have not read all the posts in this, so if this has already been pointed out I apologize. My Father was part of the medical team that went into Dachau when it was liberated. I have photos that are truly horrifying as to the conditions there and of the prisoners. I do not doubt that some Germans may have been executed out of anger or horror at what the (mostly) young American soldiers saw there. However, IF you will zoom into the first photo posted in this thread, you will notice that some of the "dead" German soldiers are propped up on their elbows looking towards the camera. A common method to control a crowd or guard a large number of prisoners is to have them lie down, frequently on the stomach. I believe this photo shows prisoners either resting, or being made to lie on the ground.


Sorry man, not seeing it. Those people are dead and are propped up on whichever limb fell underneath them when they were thrown there like sacks of garbage.



new topics

top topics



 
55
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join