It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Africa - past to present

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I would like to ask a question, has Africa always been in hunger? How have they managed to live up until now from thousands of years ago?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Egypt was a pretty successful and wealthy place from what's written on history books. So no, it's not always been that bad.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
if i remember correctly Ethiopia was also once rich. it is supposed that Ethiopia FOUNDED Egypt. also that is where the queen of Sheba is from.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Well,subsistance farming i would imagine,growing corn+some veg,keeping cattle+chicken,hunting,etc.Africa is prone to horrendous droughts though,so that claimed many millions of lives as famines ensued.Also,some countries thrived to such an extent that they could comfortably feed themselves as well as others around them,eg South Africa,Zimbabwe.When the evil white regimes governing these countries were removed from power,that stopped though.Still, millions upon millions survive from day to day on what i mentioned first-subsistence farming,living off the land.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I would assume that western influence has had a lot to do with the current conditions of Africa. I've read that Sudan in the 9th Century had housing complexes with bath rooms and piped water. An archaeologist wrote that Old Dongola, the capital of Makuria, had: “a[n] . . . eighth to . . . ninth century housing complex. The houses discovered here differ in their hitherto unencountered spatial layout as well as their functional programme (water supply installation, bathroom with heating system) and interiors decorated with murals.”

Additionally they had water purifiers, toilets, etc. Sure they had their ups and downs, but the poverty and disparity that's occurring now is due to europeans. They came and claimed resources as their own, as well as large parts of their population, dismantling families and villages. On top of that westerners introduced the materialistic viewpoint into their society.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Marxism + magic = no progress

new topics

top topics

join