It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real human intelligence. None of that fake stuff.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I made it my intention and personal goal to serve others at every chance.

It's hard work, no doubt, but the pay off is good for everyone, indirectly including myself. But more so than the payoffs of directly serving myself.

I'll give you some examples of how serving others is the only true intelligent path.

The other day, I bought a biscuit at McDonald's for myself, my girlfriend, and her mom. No big deal. Although that is a service to them, that act alone was not what made the act significant and especially intelligent. When I got my food, I checked to make sure they got my order right, like I always do. The thought crossed my mind, "since you're trying to serve others, check to make sure they got their order right too." I really didn't feel like it. I was ready to get out of the parking lot.

But, I remembered that if I'm trying to do the right thing, that was an opportunity. So I put my selfish desire aside, and did what I knew was right. As I did it, I was aware of what could have happened if i didn't do it and the order was wrong. Nothing too bad would have came from it, but nothing good would have come from it either. What's important is that I made a potentially bad situation non existent, and therefore preserved the quality of life for others and myself.

Now that I recognize that checking the order is a service to others, I will be doing it from now on, and I will have that same preserving effect each time. Buying the food and it being right is good, but buying the food and it is wrong, people will be dissatisfied.

This attitude keeps you busy. Many opportunities to preserve the quality of life present themselves. It feels unnatural sometimes because you have to get over your laziness and unwillingness, but knowing that you should do it and not wanting to do it makes you ask yourself why you should do it. Answers reveal themselves to you, and time after time, when they are, you are shown how serving others makes a human being a real human being– an intelligent one.

With an attitude of serving others, you receive information on how you can help the world. Simply because you care and you are looking for that general information. Sometimes the information is, "check the bag", but sometimes you get some very inventive ideas that could help the whole world.

Serving others makes you intelligent because it makes you care.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Goodonya

Benevolence is fast becoming a rare trait... I wish you wellness and trust you will be rewarded many times over.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

" serving others " makes you servile - not inteligent

further ` mcdonalds biscuits ` ??????? prepare to be flamed for that

lastly - feling the " need " to check everyone elses order is not inteligent - it is demeaning egotism

implying that without your " help " they cannot possibly leave with the food they want

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Thank goodness people like you are out there keeping my best interests at heart. It makes me realize just how selfish I am. Keep up the good work!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

" serving others " makes you servile - not inteligent

further ` mcdonalds biscuits ` ??????? prepare to be flamed for that

lastly - feling the " need " to check everyone elses order is not inteligent - it is demeaning egotism

implying that without your " help " they cannot possibly leave with the food they want

They weren't in the car. I had to take it to them. So if I wouldn't have checked and the order would have been wrong, I would have let anger happen rather than prevent it.

Serving others makes the world a better place. This doesn't mean be insulting. Don't help when help is not wanted or needed. Help when you can and when you know you should.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

So far, you're the only flamer on this thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

First of, the idea that "Care = Intelligence" is wrong as we can see that destructive people can be really intelligent.

Second, helping others feel good, that is self interest. Even if it didn't feel good, you can feel good about yourself since you believe you did the "right" thing , or even if you lost your life saving someone, you know that person will have you on their mind appreciating it and the opportunity to live on.

It seems like all things can be linked back to self interest in some form.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

What is the intention behind 'serving others'?
In doing so you try to make the world around you a better place and when the world is a better place, you will have somewhere safe and pleasent to live. If you got the order wrong, you say there would have been anger, so you prevented anger. It seems as though people in your life might have outbursts of anger over something simple like a Mc Donalds order. No wonder you are trying so hard to please.

What if they got angry? If they get angry that is their issue not yours. Walk away. And don't get them anything next time!! They would soon start to respect you. It doesn't sound like they respect you if they get angry over something simple. It you keep serving disrepect, it will never leave.

Originally posted by smithjustinb
So if I wouldn't have checked and the order would have been wrong, I would have let anger happen rather than prevent it.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

What is the intention behind 'serving others'?
In doing so you try to make the world around you a better place and when the world is a better place, you will have somewhere safe and pleasent to live. If you got the order wrong, you say there would have been anger, so you prevented anger. It seems as though people in your life might have outbursts of anger over something simple like a Mc Donalds order. No wonder you are trying so hard to please.

What if they got angry? If they get angry that is their issue not yours. Walk away. And don't get them anything next time!! They would soon start to respect you. It doesn't sound like they respect you if they get angry over something simple. It you keep serving disrepect, it will never leave.

So if I wouldn't have checked and the order would have been wrong, I would have let anger happen rather than prevent it.

Not raging fury. Disappointment.

All is one consciousness, and you would just let this that you are, your other self, become angry while you make every effort to become happy? You're not going to be happy with this attitude.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The intention behind serving others is to cumulatively add to the quality of life for all.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

All is one consciousness, and you would just let this that you are, your other self, become angry while you make every effort to become happy? You're not going to be happy with this attitude.

I do not have to make any effort to be happy.
I found my true nature.
I take happiness where ever i go. I take the weather with me.

It just so happened that that day a thought occured to check the order. You were pleased with 'yourself'. Being pleased with 'yourself' is not true happiness. Because tomorrow you will not be pleased with 'yourself' - you will tell yourself off and condem yourself for not being 'good enough'.
The feeling of 'not being good enough' is the driving force behind the idea of 'doing good'. Not feeling 'good enough' is not happiness and having to do something to get a short burst of 'feeling good' is the normal human condition.

When you don't have to do anything at all to feel good and happy, you find that you do good things for people in good spirits and the happiness is contagious. The best thing that can be done for the world is to find the joy and peace within and then it will overflow.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

First of, the idea that "Care = Intelligence" is wrong as we can see that destructive people can be really intelligent.
reply to post by arpgme

Also, his statement implies that uneducated people aren't capable of caring. Untrue.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Personally, I prefer to help others. Helping and serving others are two entirely different things.
To each their own preferences.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by arpgme

Also, his statement implies that uneducated people aren't capable of caring. Untrue.

Y'all are both wrong.

It's what you care about that brings the knowledge. People who care about other people will have more knowledge about people than people who don't care about other people. People who care about quantum physics will have more knowledge about quantum physics than people who don't care about quantum physics, and people who care about making the world a better place will have more knowledge about making the world a better place.

And the more you care, the more knowledge you will gain.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

You said "serving others makes you intelligent because it makes you care".

The "care" being talked about here is the "care for others".

There are destructive people that are intelligent that does not care for others.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Happiness is good and can be found readily available for those who help others.

Do you ever get mad or sad? Or are you happy all the time?

Personally, I feel bad when I miss an opportunity to help someone. Is that a bad thing?

To me, it's more motivation to do what I know is the right thing. From awareness of the concept of unity, serving others is the most proper thing to do.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

There are destructive people that are intelligent that does not care for others.

Yes true, even agmonst reflection of lies some truths will slip out....

edit on 30-12-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

You said "serving others makes you intelligent because it makes you care".

The "care" being talked about here is the "care for others".

No I'm talking about caring in general. Caring about something brings the knowledge of it. If you don't care about anything, you're not going to learn about anything.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Happiness is good and can be found readily available for those who help others.

Do you ever get mad or sad? Or are you happy all the time?

Personally, I feel bad when I miss an opportunity to help someone. Is that a bad thing?

To me, it's more motivation to do what I know is the right thing. From awareness of the concept of unity, serving others is the most proper thing to do.

The 'right thing'. Who told you what is 'right' and what is 'wrong'? No one can tell what is good or bad, or right or wrong, they do but no one knows for sure what the right thing to do is. You have to be there with what is happening and see what happens - that is all you can ever do.

I do not expect myself to be happy, i take it as it goes. I accept what is happening inside me ( and outside me)and feel it when it happens. There can be a burst of emotion, it is felt and clears, it just happens. I feel all energies moving because i am not lost in thought and time and looking elsewhere for something. Watching all the different expressions aliveness has to offer is a joy in itself. It's happening now, this is aliveness happening.
The light show is happening can you sense it, it's amazing.

I care about you and am always trying to help to show you where the light is.
I know you are the path.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Y'all are both wrong.

It's what you care about that brings the knowledge. People who care about other people will have more knowledge about people than people who don't care about other people. People who care about quantum physics will have more knowledge about quantum physics than people who don't care about quantum physics, and people who care about making the world a better place will have more knowledge about making the world a better place.

And the more you care, the more knowledge you will gain.

I can't argue with that. Good job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join