It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Africans unite to save Norwegians from dying of frostbite

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

With respect, you are missing the entire point of the thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

With respect, you are missing the entire point of the thread.

No, I am not. It's a spoof of them saying how bad the norwegians have it. Well, it's not true. Norwegians do not need help, they have their frostbite problem under control. Africa does not have it's hunger problems under control. In this case the black pot is calling the white kettle black.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
As long as we have dozens of charities ramming this picture down our throats at every opportunity, we will continue to see this and only this perspective.

I have to agree with other posters though, that it is up to Africa to get its act together. One of the reasons for child starvation is the high number of births, the population is constantly expanding, that is not what happens in nature when there is scarcity, there is a population decrease to ensure that there are enough resources to go around. Astonishingly the birth rate per woman in Niger is 7.52 compared to a global average of 2.47 Source surely this has an impact and perhaps should also be addressed.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I'm Norwegian but raised abroad. I'm now living in Norway and have for quite a few years. Everyone here claims that "Norway is the best". And in many regards, Norway is a pretty safe and nice place to live. However, many people don't realize that everything, and I mean EVERYTHING is very expensive here. If you work, it's not really a problem. But people who live on a fixed income (like the disabled or the elderly) have a serious money problem and often cannot afford to heat their homes during the winter months. (And it get's quite chilly here!)

Often the elderly suffer the most. It's not uncommon for the elderly to actually end up freezing to death in their own homes because they don't dare to turn the heat up. And it's something that not only irritates the living crap out of me, but also amazes me that the government here can't afford to give some sort of "winter raise" towards fixed income homes so they can afford reasonable heating.

I mean, Norway spends so much money on immigrations. It costs Norway seven million kroner each year to send an immigrant child to school here. The government charges up the wazoo when it comes to various taxes. Like "Vei avgiften". (Road tax) Something you have to pay each year. And yet, we can't spare some coins for our own to keep warm during the winter. Instead, we allow them to freeze to death.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
"Africans unite to save Norwegians from dying of frostbite"

BBC?

i will not be elaborating on this. interesting OP by the way.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

You are so correct.You know,when i was a child,and first saw those pics of starving African kids,some still babies,i asked my mother:"When did this start happening,Ma?" She replied that it was an ongoing crisis,nothing new.You know what came into my child mind first to ask her then? "Ma,but if life is so hard for them and they don't have food for their kids,WHY DO THEY KEEP HAVING MORE BABIES?" A child could see the absolute folly in this.And wondered what possessed the already starving to multiply like jackrabbits.There is an answer,its the word Stupidity,im afraid.No wonder the rest of the world has little patience or sympathy for the plight of Africans in general.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I think also that religion is to blame, the catholic church denouncing contraception can't help, but it is up to individuals to make their own decisions and to think about the longer term future and rather than have 7 babies and hope that at least 3 make it, they should have one child and focus on the needs and welfare of one and I think that would go a long way to solving some of the problems.

Education, not religion is what is needed the most.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Lets face it, greed and corruption have destroyed the countries of Africa.
They have the rich and the poor, with precious little in between.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I've a feeling that things are soon coming to a tipping point...not violence mind you, not insurrection with a foaming aggression...but a change and a change for the Human good.

We are realising that the old enemies our insular governments have tried to train us, over decades, to hate, fear and generally feel righteously superior to, are in fact not the enemy at all, they are us..the same hopes, fears and pleasures, the same family problems, relationship successes and failures, the same emotions, the same levels of corruption in places of authority...the same..the same species.

We are the same. And the people of the world are waking up to this singular, simple truth en masse, thanks mostly to immediate international, cross border communications, and partly to increasingly obvious deviants seeking power and control over all.

Change for good will happen sooner than later, and if it doesn't..there'll be hell to pay, one way or another.

I want a revolution. Not against a government in particular as is traditional i suppose, but in the thinking and life practices of us all, that will simply bring us back on the right track, bring back a caring society, one that doesn't despise and disenfranchises the 'unprofitable' or weak, the odd and the different, but nurtures and respects, advances and helps...for all our sakes.

we are the same, we're the greatest thing since sliced bread...let's start acting like it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join