It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the BEST thing that happened to you in 2012?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

Originally posted by beezzer
For the first time in decades of marriage, my wife has agreed to let me purchase a two-handed broad sword!

What are the BEST things that happened to you this year?

That is.... just amazing. I can't get past that Beez.

For me? This sounds really silly, but going home for the final time this year, after many many plane trips back to my old state due to legal BS and ex BS, point a almost cost me everything I had built, point b almost cost me my sanity a second time.

I arrived home a little over a week ago, after a disastrous two weeks away, and sitting down with my disfunctional family complete once again, I had this sense of being where I belong with the people I belong with.

Other than that, I got the chance to create and write with some absolute genius right here on this forum, and join in on some great works.

Families rock. No matter how screwed up they can be. (it does help if you have a two-handed broad sword, however.
)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Okay, I had to think a bit. Then several things come to mind actually. Let's see

- I made it through an especially tough semester at college and made changes that put me on a track to a 4 year University instead of simply an Associates. I'm not going to be Dr. Bunny, but maybe 1 step below it. Master Bunny

- 12/21/12 turned out to be a total dud and even people did get too outrageously stupid. A big bonus given the hype!

- I have a loving and dear family and we're together and stronger than ever!

- Someone put me in this little gold box...and the walls are closing in sometimes..and and...

All in all, 2012 had it's ups and it's downs, but I've lived through worse years and after choices made with things done, it might be a path to far better years to come. Good thread here!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

The best thing that happened to me this year...

Not talking to you for ages.

Nah mate, just joking.

My father-in-law said the same thing!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay, I had to think a bit. Then several things come to mind actually. Let's see

- I made it through an especially tough semester at college and made changes that put me on a track to a 4 year University instead of simply an Associates. I'm not going to be Dr. Bunny, but maybe 1 step below it. Master Bunny

- 12/21/12 turned out to be a total dud and even people did get too outrageously stupid. A big bonus given the hype!

- I have a loving and dear family and we're together and stronger than ever!

- Someone put me in this little gold box...and the walls are closing in sometimes..and and...

All in all, 2012 had it's ups and it's downs, but I've lived through worse years and after choices made with things done, it might be a path to far better years to come. Good thread here!

Being a Master Bunny ain't bad. I got one. Too ambitious for a bachelors, to lazy for a PhD.

Once again, family.

It all comes back to family.

Family rocks.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

The best thing that happened to me this year...

Not talking to you for ages.

Nah mate, just joking.

My father-in-law said the same thing!

Nice thread by the way!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Does a two handed battleaxe count? Also a replica Thor (I think it's called Mjolnir) hammer count? I call them my child tamers....

The beauty of being single... but that's a tale for another time...

On a related note, I decided to post my rant about the end of the world (or the end of the year)here. Shows you the end of the world comes in many forms...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar
reply to post by beezzer

Does a two handed battleaxe count? Also a replica Thor (I think it's called Mjolnir) hammer count? I call them my child tamers....

As I have patiently explained to the missus, any weapon that can be useful in a zombie apocalypse, is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I got a job!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
I got a job!

No need to say any more!

In this day and age, it is definitely a good thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Some of the good things that have happened in my life this year: I got a promotion at work, and got a highly skilled and experienced person as my assistant. That came with a good raise in pay. My two boys joined the Cub Scouts and that has drawn us much closer together. My oldest boy got his first badge at the scouts, and presented me with a pin to acknowledge my help. We have bought a home in the city close to my relatives, and rented out our home in the country to a good friend. My wife stopped therapy, only to realize that she was not ready to stop therapy and is now going again. This is a good learning experience, though it did cause some hard times in our relationship for a while. Since we moved, I have lots of spare time to spend with my wife and children as well as walking the family dog, ChicaChicaBoomBoom. The boys named her. It has been a good year and I am looking foward to see what the new year will bring. I wish you all health and happiness in the year to come.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by borracho

I'm currently working on the Pinewood Derby with my son.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The best thing by far that happened in 2012 was that my son was born.

He is a little bundle of joy and always smiles, very rarely cranky.

We are both so lucky

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The best thing in 2012 was my new gordon setter puppy Zibbo

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Great positive thread!

I left a soul sucking job and bought a business.
Sold a house and actually made a profit in this economy!
Bought a new house even though I am self-employed!
Celebrated 20 years with my hubby
Have three healthy children, including the youngest who has helped me heal after losing a little boy 5 years ago

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
The best thing in 2012 was my new gordon setter puppy Zibbo

Awwwwwwwww - Zibbo is gorgeous!

Hmmm... this is a difficult question for me to answer at the moment... 2012 has been a very tough year for me.

Ooooooo - I know - my tomcat walking!!! Absolutely the very best thing that happened this year! In January this year he was able to walk again! He had a terrible accident end of last year, as we didn't know if he would be able to walk again... and he did!!! Not only is he walking, he jumps and runs, and albeit he stopped hunting a few years back, he even went out and brought home 2 live mice, just to prove he could still do it.

Oh, I feel so much better now - although it's been a terrible year, I was still blessed with a true miracle! So thank you so much for making this post... it made me realise not everyhing's been doom and gloom.

edit on 30-12-2012 by aspiechick because: I can spell, but my fingers clearly have a life of their own.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
meet some one and been dating for about 5 months...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The best moment in my life this year was when the doctors told me that I did NOT have brain cancer!

The next best moment was when my father was able to LEAVE the hospital and not die before Christmas. He is home now with hospice.

The third best thing is that my kids are happy and that my husband still loves me no matter what!!!

PS A broad sword huh? My hubby wants one of those too....

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

There is not a better gift! I look at my sons the same way, year after year.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

A beautiful puppy.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rimjaja
Great positive thread!

I left a soul sucking job and bought a business.
Sold a house and actually made a profit in this economy!
Bought a new house even though I am self-employed!
Celebrated 20 years with my hubby
Have three healthy children, including the youngest who has helped me heal after losing a little boy 5 years ago

Sounds like a great year! Thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join