It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not an Attack of ATS...this is not a RANT...This is a statement of FACT...BAW33

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

I don't really know why everyone is coming undone over this. I see this as another example (among many) where a user, unsatisfied with the moderators of the site, is exercising their right to say so. And, since you did remove the U2U, I don't really see this violating any terms, or doing anything wrong. If we can have threads about Sandy Hook being a government false-flag terrorism action, or something as inane as a user who thinks they're God of the Universe, why should this not be allowed? It may just turn into something constructive.

That being said, you also have a responsibility to deal with evil people. They're as necessary to the continued existence as love and good people. Every action is meaningless without an opposing action against which it may be measured. Your love, your goodness, and your uprightness is all pointless if there's no evil which others' may compare your moral compass to. Conflict is a catalyst which creates movement in an ultimately ageless universe.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
People bring this stuff onto themselves.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Hi, all I see here is a rant, a gripe from someone who has a great deal of sensitivity and is not happy with their pizza, and wants to file a police report about it.

I've seen gripes on here before by people are not happy with the 'consistency' of thread handling by mods, and the insensitivity of some (evil) members, on this free site. I roll my eyes and think, well then.. bust a Pierce Morgan and deport yourself.

It's their house, their rules, it's free, and nobody is twisting my arm to log on and read any of the threads and try to wrap my head around how some posters just seem to have their head so far up their ___ that they clearly have not seen the light of day in quite some time.
I shake my head in disbelieve while reading, in complete awe at times, that such ignorant, misguided, insensitive lost souls really do exist on this planet.
Bottom line is we create threads here in this free-of-charge, internationally participated, controversial, open public forum as a source for news and interesting stories and perspectives. Because of the unusual topic matter of many forums, you will be exposed to many 'unusual' people that have come to attend or even participate.
The entire staff here has a monumental job on their hands of keeping this ship pointed in the right direction, day and night, and will certainly not please all the people all the time, but will hopefully insure, for the most part, the user's experience is as good as it can be (for free), while handling these controversial or sensitive topics being discussed.

I'm glad you retracted the U2U for obvious reasons already pointed out, I'm not sure what you hope to gain by your observations pointed out publicly to the members reading this. I, (as any other member here), don't have a control box sitting in my lap that has a switch I can flip to fix ATS and make evil members go away.
Anyone with a gripe about the rules within this free service should take it up with TPTB for this service. Just another 2 cents.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I must have missed quite a lot of the worst of perspectives on the recent sensitive subject, because evil isn't exactly the first word that I would use to describe the things I chose to read. I'll count myself lucky. Mostly I saw the usual conspiring, punctuated with confusion as to why expressing doubts kept being condemned.

I had my own doubts for a while, and said so. Now I'm just eager for things to go back to the way they were before, because seeing this topic's wheels being spun for so long is wearying me. One thing is for sure though... emphasizing evil as a noun with the zeal of a medieval priest won't accomplish it.

edit on 30-12-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
ATS is not perfect but it is much better than other sites

A site known as GLP is the worst of its kind, if you want to get pinned and gain positive karma, just bash Muslims, Black people or Mexicans, you can be as abusive/rude/racial/hateful/even call for a genocide as you want and you walk away

yet you will get instantly banned if you defend black people or say something a mod disagrees with

they even Ban you if you mention ATS there

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I am thankful to have a place where I can follow the trends and make comments, but lately I have found myself very disheartened with the behavior of many members.

Lately? You've only been here a month!

Sorry, I don't mean to be nasty, I know you are a sensitive soul but if you spend enough time here you will see that vitriol and general bad manners have been on this site for years.

I appreciate your frustration that some people 'just don't get it', like you do but we're all different. You need to accept that people have opinions that differ to yours... And that doesn't make them 'EVIL' as you put it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am sorry that you have become frustrated so quickly BAW33. It happens to us all at some time or another, just not quite as rapidly as it has affected you. Might I suggest stepping back for a short period of time? I have done this myself and it can be very helpful to take a time out, to come back later with a fresh pair of eyes.

I agree that sometimes good threads get trashed for seemingly no reason while others are allowed to continue that leave me scratching my head. I have come to the conclusion that the mods here are in a sense kind of like a small town police force. There aren't enough of them to be at all places all of the time so a lot of things get missed. Some members of the force are a little more lenient than others, while some are "gung ho". Some interpret the T&Cs a little differently than others. All in all they just try to do the best they can in an ever growing population- which is not an easy task.

Most, if not all, of us have been slapped on the wrist at one time or another, even when we are "sure" that we had not violated the T&Cs. I think that it is because we all interpret them in our own way, and our interpretations do not necessarily jibe with the interpretations of others. The same can be said of laws in our real lives outside of the internet.In such cases we just pay our fine, learn not to do whatever it was that garnered attention from the authorities and move forward. We cannot spend our time worrying after what others may say or do but focus on what we do ourselves. To dwell on such things can be maddening.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I like reading your posts.
2nd line.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Blah, blah, blah.

We all get spanked, censored, spanked, zinged, disappointed, spanked.

Whining about it is pointless.

Carry on.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

I am forced to remind myself that the reason the behavior exist in here is because it exist out there. This is a microcosm of a macrocosm of society. Evil is evil. Evil Lives and it is VILE. There is a different level of intelligence of all members, different ages, different countries of origin, one thing is a common denominator in all...we exist on the same planet and have the same EVIL to deal with.

Evil sometimes fools you. Judging others as evil, just because they say something you don't like, or say it in a way that you don't like is a form of evil too. You are fooling yourself.

I would ask all of you to look in your heart and find the love you need to change this world we live in. Turn that evil into something constructive rather than destructive.

I would ask you to look within yourself. Constant criticism and whining about how you are picked on for it does not bode well for the apparent enlightment that you claim, and then further you take this facade of enlightment and attempt to use it to tell others how they "should" do things. The irony is, that the whole while you fail to see your own negative, destructive tendancies.

The trick is being consistent in regulating, and that just hasn't been the case. I have seen way to much that is unacceptable behavior that goes left unchecked.

The thing is that you want the world to conform to how you think it should be, and that other people should be repressed and monitored who do not conform to your vision/opinion. But not you, because you are better. You complain about whining, disrespect from other members, and inconsistancy toward you with the moderators. You constantly criticize pretty much everyone but yourself, and then whine when you get called on it. Your hypocracy is inflammatory. It makes people angry, and if I were to hazard a guess, that is part of why your threads get dumped.

Prime example...

I have been penalized for comments that were very tame in comparison to what I was responding to. I do my very best to follow T&C and to alert those that don't, yet the alerts often go ignored when the obvious is clear. If I dare question any of it I run the risk of alienating a moderator or 2, it just isn't worth the hassle

Nice. The thing is, that this is indicative of your content on ATS. All you are here to do is shake your finger at other people, and bolster your own false sense of superiority. Your message has nothing to do with love and light, and everything to do with your ego.

All that you do is complain about how nobody conforms to the T&C regulations but you, how you have a right to castigate everyone who doesn't communicate the way you think that they should because you aren't as "mean", and because you are not targeting individuals. As if that somehow makes it ok. But guess what? You are still accusing, insulting, and inflammatory.

The simple fact is, this world needs to change and it is going to take a monumental catastrophe for that to happen. Which is unfortunate, because I don't feel that should be necessary for people to learn to love each other and accept that we are all part of the same energy. It does not matter what weapon is used to kill...people kill people because they are evil. Who cares about gun control or why the killing happens...the fact it happens is bad enough. That is what ticks me off about most. They don't get it.

I think that your are the one that doesn't "get it." I also think that there is no teaching you. The self-rightous cannot maintain their rightousness if they recognize that they are what they hate. Feeling superior is too much fun for you.

You are not a gold standard for behavior. You clothe yourself in false pretense. It's like the Emperors New Clothes. Your true nature is exposed and you do not even see it. You choose not to see it.
edit on 30-12-2012 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What an interesting thread.

I've been on ATS for 6 years. Been a moderator and super moderator for four of them. Before that I was on AOL running chat rooms there.

The single biggest thing that causes problems in online forums is people believing their own hype. No one likes to believe they are wrong - ever.

Me, I griped at the staff here when I was just a member because they pulled a thread of mine off the board and trashed it. So I talked to the Mod who did it and got a reality check after I thought about what they said for a while ~ my thread was seen as mocking and a direct personal attack on someone. I really couldn't complain.

Ego is a terrible and fragile thing. There have been long standing members on ATS who have been banned because when they did the silliest, most trivial T&C infraction and were pulled on it they melted down completely, became abusive and threatening to staff (yes, we've had death threats) because they believed they were untouchable and "too popular on the forum" to be admonished.

Lets face it people do, and type, stupid and silly things. Sometimes you get carried away and sometimes you might feel that what you've written is the most important thing in the world. Others aren't going to see it that way.

When that happens, you have to develop a slightly thicker skin. No ones life depends on what is written here (despite what some people might think) and in the end ATS is a discussion forum, not life and death.

Finally - we aren't "the mods", we are "fellow members", we just volunteered to try and keep things on the level and make the community a better place. We aren't paid, we just do what we can. The level of abuse we get sometimes far outweighs the desire to log in, but we do it because we actually love the forum and the fact that you can have a conversation here, and that its NOT the comments section of YouTube.

Anyone unhappy with how we roll really should go spend some time reading YouTube comments. You'll be back soon enough...

(In the same manner as those who have been banned, threatened the staff and site, made up crap about the site and spread vicious personal lies about people on here usually try to do..)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
**Thread Closed.**

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

edit on Sun Dec 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join