It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not an Attack of ATS...this is not a RANT...This is a statement of FACT...BAW33

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

I speak of having love for each other and treating each other with respect. Something that come very easy for me, what doesn't come easy for me is putting up with EVIL people. I will not put up with you anymore. The only people I will give my time to from now on will be people that deserve it.

Your very judgmental which is ok. But i have one piece of advice for you , well actually its not my original advice its from Jesus

“Judge not lest you be judged”

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

No one is being hateful here, all I see is people trying to get a better understanding of the point you're trying to make.

By accusing people, even if it's vague and non specific, of being trolls, hateful or vitriolic is just asking for trouble.
Especially when it's not actually happening, at least not in this thread.

Maybe you've hit the wall, where you've consumed way too many conspiracy theories and it has overwhelmed you, looking at your post history, you've come in hard and fast, I'm not surprised if your mind is frazzled from it all.

Step back for a bit and get some perspective...take it from someone who's had to do just that recently.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I thought he said "Blessed are the cheese makers"?

Just trying to bring some levity!

edit on 30/12/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

And now you're posting songs about love changing everything. I think you have ascended so far up your own backside that you fail to understand that you don't have a monopoly on knowing what love is and how it can change things.

Sorry, but I'm really struggling to understand the point of this thread...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I recently had a U2U from a respected member of ATS concerning a thread topic...they were sharing their feelings with me about my response to the thread in question. It was a topic that I feel has been treated with the sensitivity of a meatball. I do not need to point out the said topic or the resulting insensitivity surrounding it and the issues that have been made concerning behavior and reasons for the behavior. It really does not matter why it happened, the fact it happened at all is a tragedy and deserves the sensitivity that goes with it.

EDITED AT THE REQUEST OF THE QUOTED>>>>MY APOLOGIES...I respect this person and how they treat people...they are a moderator with sensitivity...they try very hard to not let their personal feelings control how they respond, but even they are having a difficult time surrounding the behavior of ATS members.

I am not saying all members, but many have decided this is a venue to say whatever hateful, hurtful opinions they have without regard for the consequences, because...it is anonymous and faceless with silly avatars to make silly statements with silly signatures...I get it this is allowed, they cry about freedom of speech, well ATS has afforded most of you the opportunity to create whatever account you want, I applaud them for this. I have seen criticism lately about censorship, I support this when it goes to trying and getting a grip on volatile topics that have lost all sensitivity.

There are great people in here that I read awesome threads and put a great deal of effort into them. I am forced to remind myself that the reason the behavior exist in here is because it exist out there. This is a microcosm of a macrocosm of society. Evil is evil. Evil Lives and it is VILE. There is a different level of intelligence of all members, different ages, different countries of origin, one thing is a common denominator in all...we exist on the same planet and have the same EVIL to deal with.

I would ask all of you to look in your heart and find the love you need to change this world we live in. Turn that evil into something constructive rather than destructive.

This was my response to the moderator who contacted me...

Most of the moderators have an impossible job, they do the best they can for the most part, but I feel there are some that let their own personal feelings dictate how they treat individual threads.

I came here to try and talk sense to people that harped on 2012 as being an "end of the world doomsday" scenario and try to point out to them that it is not about one day. Every day is important. The sandy hook and sandy storm and the batman scenarios and katrina and tsunami's can all happen any day.

The simple fact is, this world needs to change and it is going to take a monumental catastrophe for that to happen. Which is unfortunate, because I don't feel that should be necessary for people to learn to love each other and accept that we are all part of the same energy. It does not matter what weapon is used to kill...people kill people because they are evil. Who cares about gun control or why the killing happens...the fact it happens is bad enough. That is what ticks me off about most. They don't get it.

BAW33

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Simply re-quoting your OP isn't really helping in terms of understanding exactly what your problem is.

So far we have the mods are good, the mods are not so good, moderation is consistent, moderation is not consistent, there are evil people on ATS and out in the real world and love changes everything...

Still not getting the point, so I think I'll just go seeing as you can't actually be bothered answering anything, just re-posting what you've already said. That's a bit like when in conversation with someone and they say "excuse me, I don't understand" you simply repeat yourself in a louder voice...really pointless and not helpful

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

With respect, it is your perception of the world that is causing your grief.

It might pay to disreard the negatives in this world and only focus on the positives.

You will find in time you will only see the good and not the evil.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Dear BAW33,

First, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate and respect your intentions. You have a beautiful heart.

Second, and this is the most important thing I can share with you, ATS is NOT a microcosm of the world. The people drawn to post anonymously their most hateful and hurtful thoughts about others are probably self-projecting. It's a reflection on them, not you. Most paranoid schizophrenics would enthusiastically agree with every NWO conspiracy ever posted here.

The entire starting framework of a "conspiracy site" will attract many people who are self-absorbed and get their sense of importance by claiming to have superior or forbidden knowledge that the average person, the "sheeple" as they derisively refer to them, don't have.

What you call "evil," that dark energy, is abundant here. This anonymous medium gives people the venue to stream that negative energy from thoughts to words. The topics invariably revolve around the worst actual or perceived human behavior. Murders. Mass murders. Betrayal by our leaders, those to whom we've been asked to trust.

The good news is that awareness is curative.

Be aware of the arena you're stepping into. Be aware of and observe your own thoughts when you react to other people. This is the gift they are giving you. Every time you feel yourself reacting emotionally stop and just bring your full attention to the thoughts that are causing your reaction.

Act and speak from a place of awareness rather than react from an emotional trigger.

Oh yeah, one more thing to be aware of.

Since ATS was started nobody here, either collectively or individually has EVER solved or broken open ANY conspiracy or mystery. Bigfoot hasn't been found. Disclosure hasn't happened. There's been no proof of aliens. Nibiru isn't here. The world didn't end. And very few opinions have ever been changed. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. This is an entrainment site where frequently people enjoy fantasizing about some of the worst imaginable human behavior.

Just accept it. It is what it is.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

Originally posted by destination now
And now you're posting songs about love changing everything. I think you have ascended so far up your own backside that you fail to understand that you don't have a monopoly on knowing what love is and how it can change things.

Sorry, but I'm really struggling to understand the point of this thread...

Your post is the PERFECT illustration of the whole point of the thread..

The point of this thread... LOVE.

It's really NOT that complicated.

WAIT, I get it, you don't BELIEVE the OP.

And what was the point of YOUR post?

BTW: You've got an AMAZING face, did anyone ever TELL you that?

edit on 30-12-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

I thought the point of the thread was complaining about some threads getting trashed and others not and that some posts are moderated and others of a similar vein are not????

I get the whole love thing, there's never enough going around, particularly on ATS! But not sure what that has to do with the moderation thing.

Thanks for the face compliment...it's the first time I've had such a compliment on ATS, that's for sure. I imagine that most posters having gone a couple of rounds with me and my stubborn, single minded approach would probably only ever think of my face in terms of slapping it

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Vitrol and hate? Wow. That post didn't reflect any such emotions, that I could tell.
I think a certain...um... intense focus on finding "evil" out there to heroically fight
might actually cause one to see it where it is not...???

I hadn't looked into your member status and how long you've been here, I had assumed such judgements must be coming from someone who is a long standing member!

.....so, why did you correct, edit and reformat the rules then? Heck you had me thinking you were actually working for the site. Boy I feel stupid.

THis is the problem with one wanting to see themselves as an angel fighting for good-
then others have to be demons fighting you for evil! (even if they are not)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I hadn't looked into your member status and how long you've been here, I had assumed such judgements must be coming from someone who is a long standing member!

The OP is a recent new member who just kind popped out of the void of narscissa and discontent of respecting Ats rules.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
My solution. It may be hard to do for some but my solution is to stop making threads. Just lurk for a time. I know it my be hard to not share your thoughts and new found info but try not to give them the power to get you upset. Try not to give theses guys the ammo. You know the trigger happy ones. I Don't want to get this post deleted but you get the gist of what I'm saying...
edit on 30-12-2012 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Haudi BAW33

*hug* Ive been reading your concerns and excuse my little side step here but I am passionate enough about this to want to share it with you. I just wanted to give you this other way to look at 'evil'

Very Very few human beings are truely evil on this planet. Most are just reacting and arent self aware enough to know they have a choice on how they react or not. If you could take the hurt out of your belly and throw it into the person who hurt you, 9/10 times they would back the frak off. No one likes to be hurt really.

Having said that on this forum we discuss all manor of the evil minority that dwell this planet. But they are a minority.

And for your Dearheart I am with you on your Love is the message quest as thats what I am all about too. Hence I hardly post..

As Ive said in most of my few posts( I think ) Love is an energy it is not an emotion. Therefore Love is self perpetuating and negative things are just emotions. They need to be fed to exist. These emotions are choices. Honor yourself not to do that to yourself.... and that goes for how you react to 'evil' or people on this forum or in life. Percpetion is literally EVERYTHING... just pick the perception that works for you.

Have the best day
themuse

PS sup Chadwickus I mist yew. We will be down your way soon (jan) we should have a drinkie or something. x
edit on 30/12/2012 by themuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I think people expect too much from just about everything.

When you actually sit with reality instead of deconstructing it so as to rebuild it in a way that is acceptable to you, you see the way things really are and it isnt that bad. Your eyes just cant see it. In the end it is always you that has to change, not the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
Interesting comments. Just because I have just recently appeared to be here as a member does not mean I have not been here as a reader/follower. Seems that there is a misunderstanding about what my intentions were. Perhaps you can put your vitriol/hate aside and actually read what I did say. Seems that there is an effort here to prove me right about how I do feel this site has gravitated to the negative side of behavior.

Hey all are entitled to their opinion as it is a public forum, don't worry though my days are numbered being an active member of this site. I said what I said and I stand by it, There is EVIL running through this site as with the world, it will change whether you want it to or not, whether you try to change your behavior or not.

I speak of having love for each other and treating each other with respect. Something that come very easy for me, what doesn't come easy for me is putting up with EVIL people. I will not put up with you anymore. The only people I will give my time to from now on will be people that deserve it.

Carry on trolls do what you do pay no never mind to me I am not your kind, take your EVIL ways and enjoy them to your content, I am done with EVIL people.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Dear OP,

1. I do think that you have a good heart as well as an intelligent and enquring mind, based upon the text in pink in the first post.

2. You also had came to terms with your thread or threads being deleted, after spending SEVERAL HOURS for the effort to write it. I sincerely commend your effort, as a fellow member on ATS.

I am glad you understood the T & C. We are all guests here after all. Your post about the moderators are mainly just to let off steam.

It is common, and good for the soul. Let it out, and you will feel better.

3. This is ATS, evolved over a decade from celebrity shennigans to deep and serious social issues today, and survived with much thanks to the site owners as well as many of the moderators, and most important of all - the contributors whom are the contend producers whom makes people come back and new ones to join.

It does hurt to see one's effort binned, or not given (useless) stars and such while frivolous posts get plenty of replies and recognition. We are all humans after all.

But in the end, you MUST realize and ask why are you posting. What was it meant for?

Was it for ego, for self satisfaction, or worse - to hurt and harm using the pen?

Most of the moderators do know what they are doing, and rules by the siteowner had changed to ensure that most of the pettiness or double standards are removed, thus ATS evolution and popularity.

If it was meant for others, do you need to open a new thread, instead of contributing to another's regardless of their viewpoint, to show your stand there and prove their views wrong?

If it was for oneself and ego, then there are probably million other similar threads.

My suggestion would be that you spend more effort into contributing your views to others threads. It doesnt matter if it gets placed deep in long past pages as time goes by, but with the thousands that read ATS everyday, you can rest assured that your point would have been read by others, and will be supported if others share your view, or ignored if it is not what they feel comfortable with.

Thing about ATS is that it gives everyone a voice in a central location visited by millions all over the world, a note or notes left to posterity, something which our serf ancestors could never do, except for a painted pic of an animal in a cave hidden away, to show that he/she had once walked the Earth.

As you move along, and get experience with the flow of conversation by all kinds here, and we DO get all kinds here, you will know when to open a new thread - when some viewpoint is sorely overlooked and need to be addressed, something new, which if goes accordingly to T & C rules, the chances of it getting binned will be lower, not that it wont, sadly from my own experience.(lol)

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL - ATS is not life itself. Do not spend too much time locked on here that it becomes a pyschological entanglement with real life. There is a better life, and it's out there with those you love and who loved you. That's what that matters the most - LIVING the LIFE given.

Good luck and Cheers! :-)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hi BAW
We have had our differences in the past, but I have to agree with you.
I was 404'd 3 times in 2 days for threads that were not meant to be offencive, but thought provoking, and had my u2u moments with the mods as well, I still don't understand why certain threads were 404'd whereas 1 on reflection was inflammitary although that was not the intent. I too left awhile and am bamoozled as to how some threads that are clearly out to get flags and stars are allowed to exist. I think the answer is shove it in conspiraces and then that's all it is, a conspiracy. Put it in religion or general chit chat and whoooooooooooooosh you're flamed.
Stay with us for the ride I for one get your message.
Peace and a happy new year to you.

Cody

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by g146541

Yet I remain the same opinionated nut that I was before I even came to this site. If anything has changed, it's the approach taken to make a point. The basis for the viewpoint hasn't changed.

Haha that's the truth in a nut shell.

ATS *IS* indeed a subset of the world around us. It involves people from many many walks of life. And if we all got along then it would be boring as hell, and serve no purpose than be another facebook in forum format.

That guy is referring to the controls placed on the forums. And previous has said that ATS has been designed to datamine from even before it's conception (?). So... as I said, all walks of life.

The rules here serve to, as best as possible I would imagine, cater to Everyone. And we all know that you cannot cater to everyone, so some people will get narky and have a sook once in a while, or think that it's something against them personally.. Who knows, it might be. We can't tell what goes on inside the mind of someone else. All walks of life.

I disagree with some rules here, but I agreed to abide by them. it's that simple from that perspective.

I also don't think a thread should be binned if users contribute content against the T&C. they should be penalised, not the thread author or the topic itself. There is a conspiracy out there of massive proportions but because anyone who engages in that reality, is by default, some sort of scumbag criminal, it's ok to ignore it, let the injustice continue and claim freedom comes from the barrel of a gun. Which end are we on...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Hi BAW,

Please understand that I am not attacking you in any way. I just want to know what your definition of evil is in relationship to the members here.

If they are calling you names and attacking you personally, then if being immature and cruel is evil, I agree with you. If however, they are responding only to your topics and you don't like them disagreeing with your opinion, then you need to take the time to develop a thick skin (it's not just you, we all have to go through this). We all get flustered and frustrated from time to time here, but in the end the little nuggets of golden information makes it MORE than worth it.

Hang in there. You'll be all right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join