It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not an Attack of ATS...this is not a RANT...This is a statement of FACT...BAW33

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33
reply to post by Bluesma

i understand your point, I was rambling in many directions. hard to tell what my point was...I just have a very hard time dealing with EVIL.

Evil seems to be an exaggeration to me. But if you percieve the world and others in that way, I can understand how that can cause discomfort, surely.

I also think it is important, in a community, that the members exercise their collective force to enforce values too.
I commented in a thread yesterday in which someone said somethign snarky, rude and immature.... I am guessing it was probably a minor. Not a huge deal. But when other members started starring it and commenting "LOL dude! " with verbal thumbs up, I felt that was wrong and said so. We should all, if not doing the mods jobs, at least be setting an example... not encouraging behaviors that are contrary to this subculture of this forum.

Simply expressing thos values is important (perhaps I've been France too long, but I've learned peer pressure has a positive, beneficial side to it...).
So I appreciate even your post here as something constructive.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Well you've been cut some slack by mods on this thread (so far), since posting U2U's is against the T&C's, so take the slap on the wrist and maybe turn it into a positive?

As someone said, ATS is a mirror of society, although it's probably a bit blurrier at times, the issues and how people act and react is much the same.

edit on 30/12/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

I did not mean to violate...I did not reveal said person...I still understand why it was wrong. This was not an attack on the moderators by the way.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Fight HATE with LOVE...

I recently read a post here that REEKED with hate and evil.

Someone was replying to a thread about how unnecessarily long the OP was and calling him silly and immature.

NO mention of the thread topic, only about how dumb the OP was...

I was SO tempted to tell him what i REALLY thought.

Instead, I wrote this:

You.... you are awesome!

You've got an amazing face, did anyone ever tell you that?

THAT is a fantastic tux, it REALLY flatters you...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

reply to post by Bluesma

i understand your point, I was rambling in many directions. hard to tell what my point was...I just have a very hard time dealing with EVIL.

Evil seems to be an exaggeration to me. But if you percieve the world and others in that way, I can understand how that can cause discomfort, surely.

I also think it is important, in a community, that the members exercise their collective force to enforce values too.
I commented in a thread yesterday in which someone said somethign snarky, rude and immature.... I am guessing it was probably a minor. Not a huge deal. But when other members started starring it and commenting "LOL dude! " with verbal thumbs up, I felt that was wrong and said so. We should all, if not doing the mods jobs, at least be setting an example... not encouraging behaviors that are contrary to this subculture of this forum.

Simply expressing thos values is important (perhaps I've been France too long, but I've learned peer pressure has a positive, beneficial side to it...).
So I appreciate even your post here as something constructive.

You are right...we are certainly responsible for pointing out undesirable behavior, but if the intelligence or maturity or EVILNESS is unable to see then they just get like gremlins with water thrown on them, they dig in and push those buttons even harder. EVIL thrives on negative attention, I try not to feed it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I know it wasn't an attack on them, just pointing out that they have cut you some slack.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Been here for many years. Have seen many Higher Profile People go down over these times. Dont make a big deal of it cuz it seems many people use this site as either a stepping stone or a way of life. Who cares if your thread got canned. I have had many.

Contribute the best you can. ATS is a evolution that you can both Create and Contribute. Dont hinder yourself on just one of these aspects. You can create a thread that does great (who really cares in the long run) or contribute to a thread that does great (again, who really cares).

The Point is you got your Point across.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Isn't that the point of this thread?

Certain inconsistancies with moderation?

And yet an obvious violation of TC right there in black and white.

Which slips through for what ever reason.

It is a paradox...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Well I was trying to put a positive spin on it, but yeah it's about where it's at.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
As Bluesma stated above here's one of those "things are going downhill" threads again but I will admit I don't think I have ever seen such a new member posting one before. You read for a few days and started your account a little over a month ago and you hit the ground running. You state you gravitate more toward the spiritual yet you have 978 posts and most of them very judgmental. I see you, thus far, either a member that has made another account due to being banned or extremely over sensitive. You say you do your best to make sure your threads are within the T&Cs yet you have had some 404rd, this is not doing your best to remain within the T&Cs and posting a U2U without the permission of the sender shows you either did not even read them or your comprehension of them is incorrect. It is not that hard to remain within the T&Cs, really it's not. Of my 2,411 posts I have had 6 removed and 2 of those were by my own request and none of them were any of my threads. Yes I have made mistakes and yes I have pushed the limits when another member gets under my skin but it is not that hard to remain within the T&Cs of this site. You have made yourself to look like a whiner.

Please with all this said, I have found a lot of your posts are well put and many have had good points. I couldn't tell you how many Stars and Flags(from your intro on(my favorite song by the way)) I have given you myself but if you feel this way this early in your membership you are going to have a rough year ahead of you. Also I know what situation you are referring to as this is not the first thread you have posted expressing your distaste, and I agree with you 110% on the issue.

I say all of this because in your OP you repeated variations of the word sensitivity and lately, how can there be a lately with such a short period of membership? I can understand the word lately being used by a member who has been here a year or more because they are familiar with the trends and how "the waves hit the sea wall" but not such a new member. If you are this frustrated over this situation you will never make it through the kids posting while school is out during the summer months. I see you as a good contributor and I would hate to see you gone because you get too frustrated and loose control. It is very unfortunate that some members of our Family have the opinions they do and that some see deeper conspiracies than what is really right in front of their face but this is part of what this global Family is and through more time on this site you will begin to see what I am writing is true.

Take a deep breath and don't let yourself get baited. Avoid replying to those that anger you without taking the time to see all sides of the situation and opinion, then take a little more time to think out your reply before hitting the reply button. Always keep in mind the only thing people have to base an opinion of you are your posts and they are seen by not only the people active in the thread but people who are not members and people in the future as well. My first paragraphs in this post show you just how much people will break down your opinions and judge you. Like I said before you have the potential to be a great contributor to the intelligence and quality of this site your sensitivity will hurt you in the long run.

I apologize if this post upsets you but I, like many others in the Family that is ATS, call it like I see it. I am, for the most part, very open minded and try to look at all the angles of a situation. Sometimes I write things others don't want to see or admit(read my post and thread history for conformation) but please know this If I didn't think you are/can be a great member I wouldn't even waste my typing time.

Take care and good luck

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

reply to post by magma

Well I was trying to put a positive spin on it, but yeah it's about where it's at.

To some of you I am sure this will reverberate with truth, to the Moderators...I will say in advance...thank you for all you do, if this thread is trashed because it is deemed a violation of T&C, I understand completely. It is not an attack on ATS or a Rant about threads of mine personally being trashed. I understand why and I am not questioning that at all. I just wanted to point out the inconsistencies.

I even suggested that it may be, but I went out of my way to establish specifics to avoid it being a violation...I removed the quoted post, I apologized, I gave compliments, I did not attack the policies of ATS or the moderators, I have stood up for the moderators, but I still felt that certain things needed to be said. If they trash it that is fine, I said what I said.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Certain forums follow the T$C. I am sure this one does not.

Remember the 911 forum....remember the name that cannot be said.

ATS, especially for a Thread Professional tryen to make there mark might not make the strides they are tryen to make. It doesnt lesson there effort, but making a Thread thinking you took all this effort does not give you the pass to feel like you did something.

Plus, ATS is HUGE!!!. You most likely need to use the search method before tryen to put something together. Either way, WHO cares!! This really shouldnt be that big of a deal.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Sometimes responding to your own thread shows your true intentions.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Well you've been cut some slack by mods on this thread (so far), since posting U2U's is against the T&C's, so take the slap on the wrist and maybe turn it into a positive?

As someone said, ATS is a mirror of society, although it's probably a bit blurrier at times, the issues and how people act and react is much the same.

edit on 30/12/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

I completely agree, there have been others before you that have disappeared into the void for far less especially recently. it seems rolling out a mat ready to bow down sometimes in this forum is a good idea.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Are you talking about the thread you made about women? ATS is full of right wing extremists and they tend to be misogynistic.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

reply to post by OrionsWitness

I actually rewrote the T&C word for word...and by rewrote I mean I spent 4 hours going through it and editing the punctuation and format. So, I am very familiar with it. My words are generally well chosen and I would have to say if I get violation I am shocked, because I try really hard to not. I try to respect others opinions for what they are. However, I do feel there is a double standard involved sometime, and while "trash" and "closed for review" are by consensus, Censorship of individual comments I do not believe is subject to consensus, if I am wrong about this, please inform me.

What did someone ask you to rewrite the T&C's? I find that a bit strange, you are a very new member! As for being shocked at getting a violation, that seems a bit sensitive, being "off topic" can cover so many things, no matter how carefully you choose your words. However, if you have a "manners & decorum" or "extreme T&C violation" that should be obvious to you as to why.

I've only experienced an issue with moderation in one thread I participated in, it was a controversial subject but both myself and another member were a bit disillusioned at the time... so I just didn't bother logging on or posting for a while after that. But being bored one day, logged back on and found some stuff that interested me and I was back posting again. In the recent flurry of threads regarding a certain tragic incident, I (and probably many others) had cause to contact the mods to request them to do something about some of the unacceptable things being written and the mods and owner did indeed respond favourably. However, had they not done so, I would have disappeared again, it's my choice as to whether I use this site or not.

link   
Interesting comments. Just because I have just recently appeared to be here as a member does not mean I have not been here as a reader/follower. Seems that there is a misunderstanding about what my intentions were. Perhaps you can put your vitriol/hate aside and actually read what I did say. Seems that there is an effort here to prove me right about how I do feel this site has gravitated to the negative side of behavior.

Hey all are entitled to their opinion as it is a public forum, don't worry though my days are numbered being an active member of this site. I said what I said and I stand by it, There is EVIL running through this site as with the world, it will change whether you want it to or not, whether you try to change your behavior or not.

I speak of having love for each other and treating each other with respect. Something that come very easy for me, what doesn't come easy for me is putting up with EVIL people. I will not put up with you anymore. The only people I will give my time to from now on will be people that deserve it.

Carry on trolls do what you do pay no never mind to me I am not your kind, take your EVIL ways and enjoy them to your content, I am done with EVIL people.

link   

There are always double standards.
Do you really think the Mods here are all ethical?
Or not protecting their patch?
Adapt.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Just because I have just recently appeared to be here as a member does not mean I have not been here as a reader/follower.

From your introduction thread

A friend of mine suggested I try this site out. I began by hanging out here a few days first. I have read many interesting "threads", I see they are called. I gravitate to the spiritual side of things.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Excuse me, are you referring to me with regards to vitriol and hate? I haven't seen any of that in this thread, and certainly not from me.

So, in fact your problem is not with the mods, it's with the evil in the world, am I correct? If so, what exactly do you expect the mods to do about that?

And you didn't answer my question in regards to re-writing the T&C's..why would you do that, is reading them not enough? Not trying to be hateful or vitriolic, just curious

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join