It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not an Attack of ATS...this is not a RANT...This is a statement of FACT...BAW33

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

If I posted this in the wrong forum my apologies.

I recently had a U2U from a respected member of ATS concerning a thread topic...they were sharing their feelings with me about my response to the thread in question. It was a topic that I feel has been treated with the sensitivity of a meatball. I do not need to point out the said topic or the resulting insensitivity surrounding it and the issues that have been made concerning behavior and reasons for the behavior. It really does not matter why it happened, the fact it happened at all is a tragedy and deserves the sensitivity that goes with it.

EDITED AT THE REQUEST OF THE QUOTED>>>>MY APOLOGIES

I respect this person and how they treat people...they are a moderator with sensitivity...they try very hard to not let their personal feelings control how they respond, but even they are having a difficult time surrounding the behavior of ATS members.

I am not saying all members, but many have decided this is a venue to say whatever hateful, hurtful opinions they have without regard for the consequences, because...it is anonymous and faceless with silly avatars to make silly statements with silly signatures...I get it this is allowed, they cry about freedom of speech, well ATS has afforded most of you the opportunity to create whatever account you want, I applaud them for this. I have seen criticism lately about censorship, I support this when it goes to trying and getting a grip on volatile topics that have lost all sensitivity.

I realize being a moderator on this site has it's trials and tribulations and that is to be understood, there is a lot to monitor, that is understood. I am thankful to have a place where I can follow the trends and make comments, but lately I have found myself very disheartened with the behavior of many members.

There are great people in here that I read awesome threads and put a great deal of effort into them. I am forced to remind myself that the reason the behavior exist in here is because it exist out there. This is a microcosm of a macrocosm of society. Evil is evil. Evil Lives and it is VILE. There is a different level of intelligence of all members, different ages, different countries of origin, one thing is a common denominator in all...we exist on the same planet and have the same EVIL to deal with.

I would ask all of you to look in your heart and find the love you need to change this world we live in. Turn that evil into something constructive rather than destructive.

This was my response to the moderator who contacted me...

I have had 3 threads trash binned that were well thought out and I put a lot of effort into and then I see ridiculous threads that get closed and not trashed, I see idiots make threads that get starred and flagged out the wazoo. I will be lurking but my days of effort are pretty much far and few between now. I understand there is a need for some to just be evil, I refuse to put up with it anymore.

Most of the moderators have an impossible job, they do the best they can for the most part, but I feel there are some that let their own personal feelings dictate how they treat individual threads. The trick is being consistent in regulating, and that just hasn't been the case. I have seen way to much that is unacceptable behavior that goes left unchecked. I have been penalized for comments that were very tame in comparison to what I was responding to. I do my very best to follow T&C and to alert those that don't, yet the alerts often go ignored when the obvious is clear. If I dare question any of it I run the risk of alienating a moderator or 2, it just isn't worth the hassle.

I came here to try and talk sense to people that harped on 2012 as being an "end of the world doomsday" scenario and try to point out to them that it is not about one day. Every day is important. The sandy hook and sandy storm and the batman scenarios and katrina and tsunami's can all happen any day. I wanted people to get this message...instead they dig their heels into every conspiracy angle available and try to justify behavior.

The simple fact is, this world needs to change and it is going to take a monumental catastrophe for that to happen. Which is unfortunate, because I don't feel that should be necessary for people to learn to love each other and accept that we are all part of the same energy. It does not matter what weapon is used to kill...people kill people because they are evil. Who cares about gun control or why the killing happens...the fact it happens is bad enough. That is what ticks me off about most. They don't get it.

Take care,

BAW33

To some of you I am sure this will reverberate with truth, to the Moderators...I will say in advance...thank you for all you do, if this thread is trashed because it is deemed a violation of T&C, I understand completely. It is not an attack on ATS or a Rant about threads of mine personally being trashed. I understand why and I am not questioning that at all.

I just wanted to point out the inconsistencies.

Thanks,

BAW33
edit on 12/30/2012 by BrokenAngelWings33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Deleted
edit on 30-12-2012 by magma because: retracted post

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenAngelWings33

Did you ever stop to think that, perhaps, ATS is a mirror to society?

ATS is a microcosm of the world. Between the skeptics and believers, the panicked and the calm, we see a slice of what the world is actually thinking.

We have wars, financial meltdowns, issues with freedom assaulting us from all sides. Some posts/posters are agenda driven, others just want to share their insights to the ongoings of the world.

We all can't agree. Humans are a contrary lot that will bicker over the sunrise if given the oppourtunity. Calm, reasoned approaches to any number of topics should deflate the majority of those who spend so much energy and time creating discord.

Sticking to principles, and ingrained values should always weather any storm.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It's hard for people to be appreciative to authority. Also, no where does this place state we all must be care bears. Either you believe with conviction your facts must be spoken, or you stand idly by and keep it to yourself. Truth be told, anyone trashing anything without any facts to support it is mostly ignored but there are those who refuse to accept that some disagree with the topic and it turns into debate rather then giving information and accepting gratitude. I for one am glad this is not just a place to post and people pat you on the back, it does not lead to truth. It just creates followers.

Question is, is this place about disseminating information or is it about debating posted information? Is it both?
To me this is just a simple forum and forums breed discussion and the very nature of a forum does not serve what this site is meant to be.

It should be made like a new site, big articles that are approved, fact checked and comments should be allowed but not focused on.
Right now it's a categorized romper room where those who post out-number the moderators greatly.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Did you ever stop to think that, perhaps, ATS is a mirror to society?

ATS is a microcosm of the world. Between the skeptics and believers, the panicked and the calm, we see a slice of what the world is actually thinking.

We have wars, financial meltdowns, issues with freedom assaulting us from all sides. Some posts/posters are agenda driven, others just want to share their insights to the ongoings of the world.

We all can't agree. Humans are a contrary lot that will bicker over the sunrise if given the oppourtunity. Calm, reasoned approaches to any number of topics should deflate the majority of those who spend so much energy and time creating discord.

Sticking to principles, and ingrained values should always weather any storm.

There are great people in here that I read awesome threads and put a great deal of effort into them. I am forced to remind myself that the reason the behavior exist in here is because it exist out there. This is a microcosm of a macrocosm of society. Evil is evil. Evil Lives and it is VILE. There is a different level of intelligence of all members, different ages, different countries of origin, one thing is a common denominator in all...we exist on the same planet and have the same EVIL to deal with.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

There is also the same amount of good that exists here and out in the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I'm kind of shocked you posted a private message from another member, into an open forum. It just feels..wrong. No matter how much you are trying to get your point across, to violate the private communications from another, takes away from your message in general.

If, you had the other members permission to do this, I apologize for my post. JMOHO...

Des

edit on 30-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

ATS cannot possibly be a mirror.
If that were the case, no thread would EVER be taken down.
There are forums out there that do not, regardless of the viewpoint.
We are carefully herded into the ATS way of thinking, any deviation is 404'd quick.
Hmmm, what else gets herded???
Like I have always said though, we give ATS our traffic and they provide us with a somewhat area to voice our opinions.
If you do not like it, there are other forums.

link   
Ah yes feigned reason and intellect black and white absolutes the realm of the troll at least the intellectual levels are still maintained by some,there is nothing wrong with lateral thinking ask Einstein.

Mind control,illuminati and other topics are often trashed by one or two persistent thread hijackers which suggests to me an agenda if you disagree state your case,defend it then go away...too many hang around like a bad smell.

link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I'm kind of shocked you posted a private message from another member, into an open forum. It just feels..wrong. No matter how much you are trying to get your point across, to violate the private communications from another takes away from your message in general.

If, you had the other members permission to do this, I apologize for my post. JMOHO...

Des

You are right.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yet I remain the same opinionated nut that I was before I even came to this site. If anything has changed, it's the approach taken to make a point. The basis for the viewpoint hasn't changed.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I apologize to the quoted member

I was out of line and deeply regretful...

It will never happen again.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I don't know... through the years, I have spent a lot of time on many forum sites, I've had my own, I have moderated others, and this complaint (how "things are going downhill here lately... it's not like it used to be"...) Is probably the most common denominator between them all!

Forum communities seem to go through ups and downs in terms of activity, and they do seem to mirror the periods of conflict or peace in the larger (RL) community.

The longer you are at one, the more you pay attention to, and the more you see.
When you are new in a community, you tend to just not spend time focusing on the threads in which people are passionately arguing stuff in detail, or that are not of special interest to you personally. I am still in that phase somewhat. I haven't been following the many threads on the most recent shooting, and when I got the PM that was sent out to everyone concerning decorum in them, I was just like "Oh? Has there been conflicts?" I was not even aware of it.

But I know that the longer you here, the more focused you get on the details, the more you start to know about the topics that come up frequently, the people who post in them, and you engage more- and you will notice more of the problems, the conflicts, the snarkiness and the effort.

I see them making a lot of effort to keep it under control. I think that is admirable considering the subject matter and the kind of public it tends to attract! People who are into conspiracy theories and a deep distrust of authority can't be easy to streamline!

I've had my own times of focusing on what I felt to be unfair or inconsistant moderating. I once had my post taken out because it had two quotes (or one sentence each) in it, which is apparently too much... and still grimace as I see the quotes go to four or five (paragraphs) with no one deleting it.
But I am aware also that mods are still people and they are many here..... and from experience, I know that they do try to put some pressure on each other. One may see another let their personal opinion influence their judgement in a thread and tell them so. But they are NOT going to share that exchange with us, and that mod isn't going to come back and say "sorry". And they shouldn't have to either.

Somewhere we have to trust that as a group, they are doing the best they can.
Getting a life outside helps too.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

You get to know, by experience here on ATS, that there are off limit zones, that appear confusing, when you see say Christians or Muslims vilified regularly, without thread removal.
But you need to read ATS T and C , learn them then use them.
Don't break them use the rules to your advantage.
This is not an equal or just world, but the injustice is reliant on rules....get it?
Sucessful unionists and others have used this principle of knowing the rules.
They cannot ban you are delete a thread , unless you break one or more of the T and Cs.
Ok some threads regularly break them and the poster has a gizillion stars and flags, that is the way the world works.
If you are not one of the protected, just play by the rule.....s and use the rules.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
/quote]

I will point out one thing you may not have noticed...I said I understood why my threads were trashed. I did not question why or by who...Don't Tread is very well respected in here by 99%, but they did not trash bin anything without a Moderator consensus. Ease off.
edit on 30/12/12 by JAK because: Quote correction

edit on Sun Dec 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

i understand your point, I was rambling in many directions. hard to tell what my point was...I just have a very hard time dealing with EVIL.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Well you've been cut some slack by mods on this thread (so far), since posting U2U's is against the T&C's, so take the slap on the wrist and maybe turn it into a positive?

As someone said, ATS is a mirror of society, although it's probably a bit blurrier at times, the issues and how people act and react is much the same.

edit on 30/12/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

I actually rewrote the T&C word for word...and by rewrote I mean I spent 4 hours going through it and editing the punctuation and format. So, I am very familiar with it. My words are generally well chosen and I would have to say if I get violation I am shocked, because I try really hard to not. I try to respect others opinions for what they are. However, I do feel there is a double standard involved sometime, and while "trash" and "closed for review" are by consensus, Censorship of individual comments I do not believe is subject to consensus, if I am wrong about this, please inform me.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I have been on Ats several months and have had about 4 x 404s threads trashed. I deserved each one because i broke the T&C rules. Thats the black and white reality of life. We learn from our mistakes, well hopefully.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join