It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can Disclosure Help Sheeple?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
What about single people with children? They are still single....

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FormerSkeptic

Im up for an intellectual discussion on the topic. Id just prefer to do it with someone who isnt using condescending terms like sheeple. And my point remains, you'll limit yourself from some great discussions in life when you preface your opening argument with an insult. But thats just me.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Personally I have no problem with the associative word...Sheeple. It is just a word and on it's surface is associating people with sheep as in that animals habit of herding and following all the others rather than being independent.

As far as disclosure of the existence of E.T....we will not see this in our lifetimes...nor should it happen.

People simply are not ready and if one looks at a group of Religious Fanatics attempting to KILL someone who made a cartoon using one of their Religious Prophets...I think it is safe to say that groups such as these would react BADLY to the disclosure of E.T.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

let kids be kids and find their own path within general guidelines. That is a first step in my opinion. They aren't guidelines these days, they are narrow stone passages with armed guards and Obey written every few feet that must travel. They may grow to be happy...but happy is a relative term when viewed from outside, eh?

Okay, one last reply before my beddy bye bye. This is a constructive comment, so all the more worthwhile.

It's not easy to just let kids be kids. Most cannot find their own path given excellent general guidelines. It seems to me that the art and science of child rearing has gone to the pits. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon to blame the Baby Boomers. The blame can easily extend back to the Great Depression (pendulum effect), then back to the causes for that, then backwards and backwards... maybe all the way to the Magna Carta. Or maybe back to Homo Erectus!

On a wacky sidenote, however, it's interesting that some very effective child rearing practices include a type of "chaotic torture" as a test. This is another theory of mine, so no direct link. Sorry. The concept is just the releasing of your tender young child, at just the proper age or time, to the absolute edge of failure or death — then if your offspring survives, he/she will be all the much better. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger.

Totally off topic in my own topic, but that's another 2¢.

[ where's the damn sleepy head emoticon ?! ]
edit on 30-12-2012 by FormerSkeptic because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Personally I have no problem with the associative word...Sheeple. It is just a word and on it's surface is associating people with sheep as in that animals habit of herding and following all the others rather than being independent.

As far as disclosure of the existence of E.T....we will not see this in our lifetimes...nor should it happen.

People simply are not ready and if one looks at a group of Religious Fanatics attempting to KILL someone who made a cartoon using one of their Religious Prophets...I think it is safe to say that groups such as these would react BADLY to the disclosure of E.T.

Split Infinity

Star for you.. this is the truth of it.. Humans on this planet in this time period love to think they are sooo much more advanced then their ancestors yet we are no further along as far as i am concerned. We just have a more modern look to our world. There are still people out there who insist that their religion is the only religion. Just like we still have a world of people who have yet to realize that we are all human.. same species.. same insides.. just different exterior. Aslong as this plant is still divided up as individual nations/races and not a single planet of one species... humans.. then there is no room for the truth.. especially one about beings from outside our world. We have way too much hatred and racism towards each other floating around. To add a brand new species is asking for trouble.
edit on 30-12-2012 by lookingfortruth79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lookingfortruth79

What I find amusing is how people in general think that others will have the same logical thinking as far as what they believe is right or wrong or what to them seems so cut and dry but to someone else is not so.

I have been around and the one thing that I have learned with some cost is that people from different areas of the world do not think alike at all. Logic is not even the same and at first this can be maddening but after years of experiencing it you tend to make exceptions for it.

The worse thing you can do is attempt to convince the other person that they are looking at the issue wrong...this just makes things even more difficult. All you can do is make sure that what the other person thinks does not adversely effect you and that is not so easy sometimes.

If you are there to effect change while trying to help others it makes things a pain in the ass. It is much easier if they are the enemy as such issues can be solved without debate. It is much harder if they are allies.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

having funds to fulfill things like vacations and nice cars and nice homes..

Please, do tell me what any of that matters when you are dead? Not a damn bit. You can't take anything material with you into the next life, or even peaceful slumbering, if that's what you believe. Now, what we should preoccupy ourselves with, is the lasting contributions that each and every single one of us can make towards humanity and society as a whole. This is how true immortality comes about. Your physical body may perish, but your deeds and actions, what you did for the collective whole, will live on forever. Just ask any of the iconic figures throughout history. Their name lives on to this day, because of the amazing things they did.

Instead, we have idol worship of celebrities, obesity, materialism, greed, selfishness, ad infinitum. The world does not work this way simply because the Earth keeps spinning. We need to put a stop to this nonsense.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by lookingfortruth79

What I find amusing is how people in general think that others will have the same logical thinking as far as what they believe is right or wrong or what to them seems so cut and dry but to someone else is not so.

I have been around and the one thing that I have learned with some cost is that people from different areas of the world do not think alike at all. Logic is not even the same and at first this can be maddening but after years of experiencing it you tend to make exceptions for it.

The worse thing you can do is attempt to convince the other person that they are looking at the issue wrong...this just makes things even more difficult. All you can do is make sure that what the other person thinks does not adversely effect you and that is not so easy sometimes.

If you are there to effect change while trying to help others it makes things a pain in the ass. It is much easier if they are the enemy as such issues can be solved without debate. It is much harder if they are allies.

Split Infinity

Quite the awesome truth. Thank you again for posting. But that's a rather gloomy view — or maybe just more Practical rather than Pragmatic.

It's like the truth, in many families, of how sisters and brothers etc. have grown apart and have learned the Absolute Truth that they cannot ever see eye to eye, so why even make the effort to rehash the same old battles? Why waste the time and energy? Just stay apart, stay silent, avoid communcation, right? Even using common Logic is not possible, for people's perspectives are inherently different. Right?

No chance for improvement?
edit on 30-12-2012 by FormerSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FormerSkeptic

Concurrently, there are many generations of marriage-focused rituals, groups and lifestyles. These are the churches, schools, clubs, debutant balls, office parties, college parties, joining the military, hanging out at military bases, etc. There are countless social organizations where members "belong." They're increasing in both variety and reach.

Grandparents and parents alike encourage their eligible kids to be social, befriend similar-minded youngsters, join proper organizations — essentially keep up with the Joneses and not lose face. It becomes not only encouraged behavior, but generation after generation there's really no other way to reproduce and pass on the same traditions. There's no other conceivable life!

Add it all up and the predominant population becomes a bunch of social groupies, joiners, belongers, faithful followers — Sheeple!

I think you just made this stuff up, frankly. You didn't do any research. You just assume it is true. The opposite is actually true. People are "belonging" to social organizations less and less. Here is an example of an academic study that shows this. Here's another academic study, Bowling Alone, that shows the same thing. You can also see this anecdotally by looking around you. Traditional organizations, from The Eagles and Odd Fellows to the local Sportsmans Club are facing declining memberships on nearly every level. From 1998 to 2010 the Masons lost nearly 30% of its membership. and compared to the membership in the 19th century, it's a shadow of what it was. Look at any fellowship-type organization or club and you see a decline. as one person told me, "People like to go down their driveways after work and never come back up!" (to go to a meeting.)

So, the first issue here is your premise. It's demonstrably not true. If you think it is, you need to prove it much more substantially than simply declaring it to be true. You also need to tie the first part, the idea that people stay single longer, with the second part, that they join organizations. So far, one does not imply the other. You haven't shown any more than a shaky theoretical connection.

Now we get to your conclusion.

how in the world (in THIS SHEEPLE WORLD) can a radical concept like extraterrestrials ever be disclosed and gain traction?!

To which one can only say, "Say what??" How did we get from people joining organizations more and more (which actually is less and less) to ET? Besides, more than one third of the population already believes in ET. A UK study showed that more people believe in aliens than God, and in terms of "Disclosure," over 80% of Americans believe the government is covering up evidence of alien visitation, kind of a strange statistic when you think about it.

Conclusion: Your argument is completely faulty. Your premise is simply not true at all. The second half of your premis does not follow the first half, and the conclusion doesn't follow anyway. The whole thing is completely bogus.

edit on 12/30/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here's something from left field;

Way before any of us knew any better, we used to eat stuff that was toxic for our minds.

Stuff that made for the grandest yarns of utter amazement. Some people could tell a story in such a way...

What were the nay-sayers to think back then? Imagine having not ingested the same 'plant'?

So the problem with logic ties in to body chemistry; I'd have to ingest the same 'nutrients' to come to the same conclusion.

Not all of us are meat eaters, but I'm pretty sure we all like beans of any sort.

We're barely warming-up to accepting 'ghosts' as a real unexplained phenomenon---as much as society has allowed it to become considered 'real'. Been gettin' lots of play on the tele I'm glad to watch then disappointed by 'fibrications'...

Supposedly even to mention the word disclosure means it's a good yarn, to me...until it somehow manages to intoxicate me, and I begin to see the same things...as the story teller.

Seeing real ghosts and feeling their presence can be pretty unmistakable...I've yet to proclaim the same for Aeriel Phenomena I may or may not have seen.

I'll just keep grazing along the fence-line until something pops up for me to consume.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Thank you for posting! Finally an intelligent and valid assessment! I'm truly taken aback by your understanding, analysis, and conclusion. And I really appreciate all those links and articles cited!

It's really good reading material.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
UFO and aliens permiate every aspect of out culture. TV, books, comics, internet, movies etc. I hate to tell you but aliens and UFOs are followed by "the sheeple". To be an independent thinker now one would have to not buy in to any of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
UFO and aliens permiate every aspect of out culture. TV, books, comics, internet, movies etc. I hate to tell you but aliens and UFOs are followed by "the sheeple". To be an independent thinker now one would have to not buy in to any of it.

Good observation. And valid point.

But the same independent thinking doesn't have to turn one into a cynic (not buying into anything whatsoever) — does it? And so I'm always amused by the irrational ability of some people to *not think* about this while they continue to analyze and judge everything else all the same.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Improvement? No...just an ability to tolerate.

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1   >>

join