It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shoved onto Subway tracks for being 'Muslim or Hindu'.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

The thing is, which goes back to my point, they hear these things from somewhere and they hear it so much that it creeps into their brains, distorts their thinking--without them even largely knowing it. The lady who shoved that poor man onto the tracks likely was a product of the same type of thing.

I wish I could star your reply twice. It's also got me to thinking real hard on something. As a piece of context to my thinking here, did you catch that other recent act of senseless violence where Fox News commentators were to blame or something for his hateful mindset? Well, coupled with your post here... Try this on for a thought...

How many people listen to the news as a background thing for far far more hours than would ever actually watch it? How many go to sleep with that on in the background simply because it's a channel that doesn't go to obnoxious infomercial in the middle of the night and background noise helps to sleep for some? (That would be me on background noise... I cannot sleep well in dead silence.. the trucker in me)

I can tell you I stopped running news at night when I went to bed over a year ago..and oddly, have felt better for it. I also can't help but think how many times I dreamt myself in things I'd wake up and see was a repeating story on CNN...which my ears had physically been listening to while I slept.

So when you say 'creep in' I get a creepy feeling.... Just how many DO have the flood of BAD news, BAD reports and BAD outlooks on basically everything and everyone flowing in one ear and holding in the middle whether it's even intentional or not? Conditioning WOULD be the term, come to think of it. Self-inflicted conditioning and entirely UN-intentional.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is exactly what i am talking about.

I didn't want to mention specifics, but that is exactly it. From both right and left news outlets, to local new outlets, it's constant conditioning.

I try to avoid talking politics around family (or anyone, really, lol). What i have started to do, when i actually do and have a response to someone's comment, however, is instead of say "well, republicans... or "democrats..." i just say "some people believe X and some people believe Y." It is also a way to look at things with less negative connotation; even on a personal level, it become a more neutral way of thinking at things. Once we begin talking about the "republicans" or the "democrats" it's this same negativity creeping in, depending on our political affiliation, and it's the news that is largely to blame when it's background noise, or when we use it to go to sleep (which can creep into the mind during periods of semi-consciousness, that you mentioned), or when people who are in their cars all day listen to talk radio (and not Clark Howard type stuff, lol) all day.

:/

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This is truly a sad thing to have happened.

I just read about this on oz house.

I wanted to post it but yeah...haha not too smart on that.

Anyway, this woman makes me just smh. I don't understand.

The article on oz house says that it reminded them of the book and movie 1984. Where you were forced to look at your enemy and yell I hate you.
Our media is so bias and has made people like this woman fear certain races.

Sad indeed.
edit on 30-12-2012 by natalia because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2012 by natalia because: Wording

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Originally posted by sonnny1

I have to believe that she is Mentally Deranged.

If Not, what a sad excuse for a human being..............

Oh yeah, any American who kills people is mentally deranged. Any Arab that kills people is a terrorist.

Are you kidding me?

MANY people are mentally handicapped or deranged, and don't even know they are. Second, WHAT THE HELL does her mental capacity have to do about terrorism ? Either she is crazy or she is scum.

edit on 30-12-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join