It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill would exempt SC-made guns from federal rules

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
A proposed piece of legislation intends to exempt pistols and rifles made in South Carolina from federal regulation as long as they stay in-state.

The Firearms Freedom Act, pre-filed earlier this month by state Sen. Lee Bright, would mean that firearms, ammunition and gun accessories made in South Carolina aren't subject to federal rules and oversight. Weapons made in South Carolina, the bill notes, must be stamped with the words "Made in South Carolina."

The bill does not apply to firearms that cannot be carried or used by one person or that have a bore diameter greater than 1.5 inches. It also doesn't cover firearms that fire multiple projectiles by pulling the trigger, or one that uses ammunition that explodes after leaving the weapon.

Bright pre-filed the bill on Dec. 13, a day before massacre at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn, where a gunman killed 20 children and six adults.

Read more here: www.thestate.com...=cpy

Thought this was interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Montana and several other states have done the same over the years. The ATF said no-go and it's in the courts now.

Can't hurt but I doubt it will help, either.

wiki

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 10111011

Damn! 1.5 inches is just a bee's dick short of 40mm. That means I still can't get my 40mm semi-auto cannon. I have always wanted a 40mm Cannon just to say, well, I have one. Best home defense weapon ever made. Why, oh why can't I have a 40mm Cannon.

P

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Sorry..bore diameter greater than 1.5 inches? What on earth is that?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatcoat
Sorry..bore diameter greater than 1.5 inches? What on earth is that?

Why it is a small Cannon!

Does leave much for forensics to ponder!

P

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well,that's interesting coming from my home state where the first shots of the civil war began at Fort Sumter.
They have always been a sort of rebellious bunch,but it never did them any good.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

That's good to hear! Fortunately we have a very nice manufacturer here who makes as very nice weapons. So, technically a SC special from FN Manufacturing would still be legal.

I feel like our state is the direct opposite of California at times.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mapkar

That's good to hear! Fortunately we have a very nice manufacturer here who makes as very nice weapons. So, technically a SC special from FN Manufacturing would still be legal.

Well, that is usually a good thing. SC just needs to up it's game on education. I hope this wins.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

True, we do need to step it up on education here in S.C.. On the beach where I live there are people from all over so its not so bad.But drive 45 minutes from here and wow.. I thought that computers and cable tv expanding into rural commuities here would help them out, but good luck,maybe it has just a little. To be fair, W.Virginia has us beat and so does a bunch of states inland from here. Honey BooBoo is from Georgia,,yep, thats what Im sayin..The GUN ISSUE is classic here, everyone inland hunts, I have better things to do , I ve never "hunted", just to make that clear, I do fish, But back to the GUN ISSUE , I own 3 BB machine guns that will cut down a tree so i dont concern myself with those loud and overpowerful guns so I just laugh at the stupid things gun owner people say in inland S.C.
1- If Obama wants my gun he can come and get it.
2- When Obamas security doesnt carry guns, they can have mine
and my favorite
3- They can have my gun when they pry it out of my cold dead hand (so cliche)
Feeling sorry for me yet ? LOL But yeah, dont mess with these peoples guns here, they will die for their guns, I know this isnt what the thread is about but there probably arent that many people on ATS from S.C.,,Id say, the gov knows that South Carolinians will ALL DIE BEFORE GIVING UP THEIR GUNS,THAT IS FACT, I can vouch for them , so they are like "ok if its stamped in S.C. its exempt from regulations, thats weird, unfair kinda but then again states rights ? ...all I know is Obamazon aint a taeken my daym BB ghuns !
edit on 29-12-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

True, we do need to step it up on education here in S.C.. On the beach where I live there are people from all over so its not so bad.

After we had our first child,my wife who is from Kentucky decided we needed to move to provide a better education for our child.

I was in the SC school system up until the 8th grade,which at that time I moved to Iowa.
I was getting a's in SC,but failed miserably in Iowa.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

after I moved into public school in 7th grade , I failed miserably, probably because it was such a violent criminal experience , i was more worried about survival than grades.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

Yes,it is surprising how South Carolina,in the heart of the bible belt ,is so conservative.

I have many bible beating,gun toting relatives in the swampy areas of the Piedmont .
They are not going to give up they're guns or they're rights as free individual citizens.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

all I know is Obamazon aint a taeken my daym BB ghuns !

Ok,dude,not really a good representation of South Carolina.

BB Guns????

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

They are not going to give up they're guns or they're rights as free individual citizens.

Good for them folks!!!!!!

TRAITORS should not be tolerated.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

so they are like "ok if its stamped in S.C. its exempt from regulations, thats weird, unfair kinda but then again states rights ? ...all I know is Obamazon aint a taeken my daym BB ghuns !
edit on 29-12-2012 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

It's not unfair as other states can (and have) pass similar laws.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Damn! 1.5 inches is just a bee's dick short of 40mm. That means I still can't get my 40mm semi-auto cannon. I have always wanted a 40mm Cannon just to say, well, I have one. Best home defense weapon ever made. Why, oh why can't I have a 40mm Cannon.

P

I believe it's a good thing to start the in-state initiative for the sake of
legally bypassing that interstate commerce clause the Feds have
always preached to have their way. I believe the State's Rights issue
and the last blizzard of activity with the clamp down legislation can't
have too much buffering right now with untouchable home-grown and blown.
Let's face it, the more arguing and less legislation that dangerous little
slab of D.C. squirts out at us, the better off we are. Gun gridlock is good.
But Phoenix....?
you thinkin' about a 40 that big, woo. And about the electric turret holster
there ol' buddy... better wear two or y'll tip over.
But hey, why just a stripper clip of five or so big rounds gravity-fed?
Someday maybe a Class 2 permit at the right auction of a stripped Warthog,
you could get a 30mm Avenger. A whole pickup bed o' lead in 30 seconds,
800 rounds a minute, and the recoil would slow the whole rig down in a 30
degree dive! See ya in St.Louis, wreeeeeBLAAAAAAAP.
Just attempting to keep with line 5, and a WILD mental picture ROFL

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

Nah, hand held, hip shootin for fun! Kicks like a mule but then I've a been kicked my so many mules I lost countin.

P

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I live in South Carolina. I didn't even think BB guns were considered real guns, more like a toy. I remember buying a BB gun when I was younger at a local store, no paperwork or anything. It was on sale for $5 brand new.

I've heard from a few other people around here and they said if the government tried to take their guns, it would be the start of a civil war. I believe some guys I know in the National Guard would disagree with those attempting to take the guns. I always wondered if the government might try to claim they needed the guns due to some type of martial law type incident. I heard on tv some guy in another state said if he could, he would give Obama and another democrat, the gun salesman trophy of the year award because they are doing more to spur gun sales than any other president in history.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It's meaningless unless and until the states and their County Sheriffs are willing to exercise their state and county sovereignty/authority which is higher then federal authority and prevent the Feds from operating in their jurisdictions.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Reasonable theory, however legalized marijuna for both medical and recreational as of this year are doing ok with an occasional raid here and there. The law enforcment in those states do not fight the Fed, maybe the state judicial system legally. I feel the real problem would be the massive Fed contracts held by the gun manufactures, like the many FN holds towards FN and FNH gun models. They would fold on the state if this happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join