It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need some input on this song i am working on, my gift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
well this is the second time recording and editing this song. let me know what you thing and if there is any thing i should work on or add. in this video i messed up a few times but i am playing this with no drums or any thing to help keep the timing. also this song is kinda complex to play lol

oh also want to add i cant sing so there is no vocals as of yet
edit on 29-12-2012 by NISMOALTI because: oh yeah

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think it's some good riffs there.

I could hear this with either Randy Blythe or Old school (Mb even King Diamond) style vocals on it could go either way.
Might be cool to throw a double time break in it to fill out a song.
Keep jamming man, I like your playing.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

thank you! this is the first song i have sat down and worked on in the 10 or so years i have been playing. i have a good vision on where i want it to go but i need a full band to help with that.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Sick playing, have you ever heard of the band Darkest Hour?

That riff at 1:25 would sound nice with the drums around 4:16

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smwoop

that riff would sound sick with some drums behind it like that. i never heard of this band so i guess im off to see what they got

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I use: advanced.bestmetronome.com...

Click 1/4 metronome, then use the right bar to select a BPM.

Nice song-kinda "Toolish" very cool.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

nice i didnt even think about using a metronome i am going to check it out and put it to use right now

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

I have been playing drums since I was 10. I never used one. I just played my own stuff. I was in band, and I also play the piano. You have to look to the best to figure out how to get better (not that you aren't good). I search and search for drum practices and techniques constantly. Trust me I went from being able to play doubles at 220 BPM to 260 within a week. There is different control for all speeds. Practice double strokes, triples, quads, tribal beats, everything. (Except country-every many has his limitations...BrainScan.)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

thanks for the tip, i know i still need practice as my right hand is retarded some times and does not do what i want it to do. the beauty of playing and instrument is that you are always evolving and learning something new no matter how long you have been playing. it seems to me the little things add up to create your own stile and sound. with that it helps to better express your image you are trying to project through music.

new topics

top topics

join