Senate votes to let the NSA keep spying on you without a warrant until 2017

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Senate votes to let the NSA keep spying on you without a warrant until 2017

www.theverge.com

The US Senate has voted to approve the FAA Sunsets Extension Act of 2012, which will authorize warrantless surveillance of Americans for counter-terrorism purposes for another five years. The bill extends the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) Amendments Act of 2008, which granted retroactive immunity for wiretaps and email monitoring under the Bush Administration and created a framework for future warrant-free surveillance as long as one party is located outside the US and terrorism is suspected.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Bush sowed the seed, Obama growed the seed...wonder who is going to reap the seed in 2016??

Land of the free indeed!

I wonder how many people on here use encryption for their email to make this just a little harder to implement?? Honestly - if this worries you - and I think it should at least a little - even if you are a bleeding heart liberal like me - then do something about it for yourself!!

www.theverge.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My senators are going to receive a piece of my mind soon............ Again.............
Maybe I will encrypt it like you suggest

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is how it's done.

Make it temporary so no one gets all worried that it's permanent.

5 Years later, there will have been more false flags and even more "I give up" approaches to the whole thing.

And like magic, it's permanent. Too laughable that so many don't see this.

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
And......The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round...'round and 'round!

It makes no difference whatsoever who is running the show does it? The service still sucks and the food still makes everyone sick. Heck, I don't even care for the entertainment anymore. Where do I get my ticket refunded?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Where do I get my ticket refunded?

Please line up at your local Fema Camp in order to assert your imagined rights.

Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
The most depressing part of this is anyone with even a rudimentary grasp of real history (as opposed to the stuff they teach in school) will have seen this coming a mile off.

There is a world war happening right here right now, an ideological war. freedom vs slavery, Liberty vs the illusion of safety.

look at those killed by drones, drugs and imprisoned for victim less crimes. This war is real solid and tangible, especially for those it kills or have their lives destroyed

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Thank you Senators for signing you own arrest warrants. Spying on ALL Americans also means ALL politicians are being spied upon and when you go against TPTB you will lose your freedom also. When they come for you there will be no-one to protect you.
First they came for the terrorist - when none were found TPTB created terrorists to be found. Slowly but inexorably the list works its way down to you.
Funny thing is if the list started with you at the top all the terrorists would have been found!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Seems to me there's a really key portion to this though that everyone is overlooking..

as long as one party is located outside the US

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So each of us needs to ask ourselves, when will the goon squad come for me?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by garygnu
Thank you Senators for signing you own arrest warrants. Spying on ALL Americans also means ALL politicians are being spied upon and when you go against TPTB you will lose your freedom also. When they come for you there will be no-one to protect you.
First they came for the terrorist - when none were found TPTB created terrorists to be found. Slowly but inexorably the list works its way down to you.
Funny thing is if the list started with you at the top all the terrorists would have been found!

So are you saying there aren't foreign and domestic terrorists and the TPTB just created them?

new topics
top topics

join