It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Representing Christ = RE-Presenting Christ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

his stories of healing are in there. just not the first and last 5 minutes, watch before you comment...

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I'm not going to sit down for an hour long sermon. Like I said. I skipped through and listened to various segments of his sermon. If there is something of interest, by all means, tell me at what time segment I should skip to, and I'll tune in for it. Then I'll see if I'm impressed and believe that he has done actual healing, as the Bible claims that Jesus did.

But, without proof, his claims are meaningless.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
reply to post by windword

his stories of healing are in there. just not the first and last 5 minutes, watch before you comment...

You are looking at this in the wrong light.

Not all need the church or a preacher to have a relationship with Father. Many who have surpassed church, can see how many are not what they claim to be, rather it be for monetary gain, fame, or having a mouthpiece for their own interpretation.

In your postings, you made a bold claim, about him living like Brother. But, other posters here cannot draw that conclusion based off of a sermon video.

Do not take criticism as another bashing that in which he speaks or others going against God, that is not what they are conveying.

Father gives all a measure of all (faith, knowledge, etc.) some will need a video to inspire them, others do not need that inspiration because they have direct interaction with Father.

Always remember, just because they do not go to church, sit in religious settings, or even claim religion, does not mean they are talking about Brother.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

All i ever said was that he looks/sounds more like Jesus than a lot of what i see in the world today. Not that he is Jesus just that he lives more like Jesus lived. No one will offend me for not liking a video.

Like you said, some may find inspiration from it and others may not.

I don't think it's possible as you say to "surpass" church. The church is the body/bride of Christ, to outgrow that is to progress backwards not forwards.

edit on 30-12-2012 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

I don't think it's possible as you say to "surpass" church. The church is the body/bride of Christ, to outgrow that is to progress backwards not forwards.

I am speaking of the physical church.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

gotcha, the place with free cookies and coffee every sunday...

if you don't go there you still should have some sort of place where you fellowship. We are told to gather together and interact with each other who follow the Way.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

if you don't go there you still should have some sort of place where you fellowship. We are told to gather together and interact with each other who follow the Way.

I agree. I think many are turned off by church by certain others who server their own interests, instead of the interests of their followers.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by iSHRED

I agree. I think many are turned off by church by certain others who server their own interests, instead of the interests of their followers.

I catch myself thinking that way sometimes but i always need to remind myself...it's not about me...it's about God and about others and my focus should be on how can i love them more not on how much i dislike this group that gathers once a week.
How can i make this group better? The answer to that in most cases is not to stop going. If the group is "lost" then let God use you to make the group "found"

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well for one thing, Jesus helped the poor and needy and preached to them and he didn't run around looking like he was dressed for a funeral. Lot of christian churches have become traditionalized, wearing fancy clothes and attitudes as stiff as boards. When i go to church (which isn't every week), i don't dress to the point i will make a poor person uncomfortable when they walk in, it sends the wrong message when you play funeral dressup. The objective is to give a humble appearence and to step outside your comfort zone so in that regard, i can usually be found wearing shorts and a t-shirt in summer, or wearing sweats or overalls in the winter and i've had other church members tell me i look like a farmer and i just nod and smile and think *mission accomplished*. Much easier for a poor man to reach out to another poor man, than to approach a person dressing expensive who might look down on you

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If you didn't watch the whole thing, you shouldn't comment a negative statement about someone.
In fact, we shouldn't do that anyway.
I have heard Todd White speak dozens of times and I have NEVER heard him ask for money not even once.
The only time I ever heard him even reference money was when he was giving a testimony about how he has given and blessed people. Todd has been ministering for over a decade and during that time he and his wife combined have made less than, much less than what we would call middle class. In fact many would consider poverty level. But he just trusts the Lord through it all.
I have heard and seen a lot in my 45 years of life and my conclusion is this guy is the real deal.
So much so that he inspires me beyond most any pastor, preacher, teacher, evangelist ever has.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join