It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the new Robert De Niro?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hi, So I was just watching the movie "Looper" and I could not help but notice that the main character looked way way way too much like a young Robert De Nero. So naturally I thought "Conspiracy" and decided to Google if he was possibly De Neros son. What I found was this article written in German indicating that (if I've read it right) De Nero had copied Marlen Brando, and Now Joseph is copying him. So... I just want to post this here and see what you guys think. is there more information out there about how Joseph intentionally mimicked De Nero (because he did a damn good masterful job of it!). So is there no secret son of De Nero here? No conspiracy? Do they just want these people picking up each others acting method generation after generation because it's damn cool acting? or might there be some "sinister" occult reasons for it. Just shooting the $#!+ to see what ya all have heard or thought about it. Cheers.

Here is the English translation of what I found while looking into my notions of this, do you think its just this guys opinion, or have we heard from the mouths of the people involved that they intended to copy each other? The translation made it a little difficult for me to differentiate that.:

As promised, there is the third teaser for the sci-fi blockbuster Looper. This time describe director Rian Johnson and starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt the spectacle technical demands on the young actors. On the marketing plan of TriStar Pictures, we reported: For Looper trailer was a teaser trilogy created. After Teaser 1 and Teaser 2 , now comes the third clip. This time you can not just pretty pictures to admire, it gets really interesting. Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt and director Rian Johnson to explain how they have sought out a young Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis make. To Einnerung: Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character Joe takes a trip into Looper in the future, to be with his older self, played by Bruce Willis to invest. The idea of a young actor externally (ie in the mask), but also in his gestures and facial expressions of an established performer and adjust its role, reminiscent of a classic movie. In The Godfather 2 played Robert De Niro, the young Don Corleone. He not only had to Marlon Brando imitate, but also the interpretation of the mafia godfather. Robert De Niro fulfilled this task brilliantly. But acting layman can imagine the versatility it requires an actor with all its typical movements and language peculiarities, and simultaneously to copy the design of a movie role. Looper could for the young Joseph Gordon-Levitt to be so technical spectacle baptism of fire. Whether this succeeds, can in German cinemas from 11 October will be judged. One thing is certain: it can damage Joseph Gordon-Levitt is not sure if he is - for future projects - abschaut some tricks at a veterans like Bruce Willis.

I'm not the only one who thought so: Anyone think JGL looked like Robert De Niro in Looper?
edit on 29-12-2012 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Joseph Gordon-Levitt copied bruce willis because in that movie hes playing "young bruce", so he had to copy his look, mannerisms, everything... even his face was heavily changed to look like a young bruce. Just like De Niro had to do when he portrayed a young "don corleone" in The Godfather...

No conspiracy... just that Joseph Gordon-Levitt does a pretty damn good job... specially on the "bruce smirk".

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Joseph Gordon-Levitt copied bruce willis because in that movie hes playing "young bruce", so he had to copy his look, mannerisms, everything... even his face was heavily changed to look like a young bruce. Just like De Niro had to do when he portrayed a young "don corleone" in The Godfather...

No conspiracy... just that Joseph Gordon-Levitt does a pretty damn good job... specially on the "bruce smirk".

O BUT SEE I DIDN'T THINK HE WAS COPYING BRUCE, I MEANT TO CLARIFY IT'S ABOUT THE CONCEPT THAT HE WAS MIMICKING ROBERT DE NERO. I THINK HE DOES A DAMN GOOD ROBERT DE NERO IMPRESSION.

Though I can see a bit of Bruce in it now that you mention it..
edit on 29-12-2012 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

So naturally I thought "Conspiracy" and decided to Google if he was possibly De Neros son.

Are you being serious?

*facepalm*

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
This guy must have one hell of a publicist because I'm seeing his name plastered all over the place now. To me, he'll always just be the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun.

Not attracted to his style at all- or any modern Hollywood male and female types for that matter. I miss the days where leading men were 6'4" with broad, hunky shoulders and masculine- not this little 5'8" 150 lbs. boys. And when leading ladies had curves and femininity- not this 'quirky anorexic' appearance they all have now.

Good luck to him in whatever he does, I guess, but he's just like all the rest, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So naturally I thought "Conspiracy" and decided to Google if he was possibly De Neros son.

Are you being serious?

*facepalm*

More like curious. I don't take any of this stuff seriously, but I do find investigating the threads of possibility fascinating.

new topics

top topics

join