It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Wahhabi Preacher Issues Fatwa Allowing Jihadis to Rape Syrian Women, plus latest news from Syr

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I'm pretty sure not all 14 year old Syrian girls want to have sex with the enemy.

Isn't that obvious?
Its a temporary marriage, which means the girls consent is required.If they don't give their consent, nobody is getting married. So you can all calm down a little.

As for actual rape taking place in a conflict, every army contains rogue elements who commit evil acts on their own, not because they were given permission to do so by their leaders.

Was Robert Bales a member of an army that was given permission to gun down women and children in their own homes?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

In an ideal world then yes I would agree with you,
It's just that I have a sneeking suspicion that the lines betwen consent and coersion may get a tad fuzzy.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Your cherry picking of Old Testament scripture is nice, however the fact's are that Christains do not practice what you had described, this is old history. The issue is that the Muslim's are practicing this filth today. Big difference my friend.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is perfect evidence that religions are created by man and manipulated by man for self interest.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Temporary marriages does NOT equal rape. "Rape" is how the OP defined "temporary marriages".... its not what that preacher actually said.

Most people posting in this thread are just looking to bash the religion without bothering to inspect what has actually been said.

Why are you condoning what this idiot Saudi Wahhabi Preacher is saying, and cut the crap about it being consensual marriage, it a bloodly war zone, there is no consensual agreements when guns are involved.

For god sake man, if one of these Syrian terrorists said you was to marry him with a gun pointed to your head, you bend over and say ok, especially when you know if you disagree to the advances, your head will be cut off with what ever at hand.

And another thing you seem to conveniently left out is the fact this cave man Wahhabi Preacher also says in the video it, that they only have 2 hours with a women of there choice as to let others have a go..

So please, stop trying to make out this is innocent or misconstrued, because it very clear to see what this cave man was saying, and that was rape all the women you want, but do it under the guise of marriage..

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Well said
and a happy new year to you. More than will be recieved by the 'brides'

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The raping of women seems to be of utter importance to the Radicals, they never miss out on a chance to sexually abuse a young girl and make vile rules about just what you can and cannot do to a minor.

Of course none of these offensive rules get followed, not that the rules make what is going on less wrong.

Dirty old men doing what dirty old men do...

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Why are you condoning what this idiot Saudi Wahhabi Preacher is saying, and cut the crap about it being consensual marriage, it a bloodly war zone, there is no consensual agreements when guns are involved.

Im not condoning that preacher. It was, at best, his opinion / P.O.V.
Also, if it isn't a consensual marriage.... its RAPE. So the perpetrators act on their own. The preacher called for marriage.... not to get force someone to marry at gun point.

If some moron decides to "marry" at gunpoint, he is no better than your regular nutbag soldier who rapes.

if one of these Syrian terrorists said you was to marry him with a gun pointed to your head, you bend over and say ok,

That Saudi nutbag did NOT permit anybody to get married done by pointing guns at the brides head.

You are inserting your own thoughts and ideas. Since you feel, a "temporary marriage" is rape, do you think your people who have one night stands and "flings" are rape victims or rapists??

And another thing you seem to conveniently left out is the fact this cave man Wahhabi Preacher also says in the video it, that they only have 2 hours with a women of there choice as to let others have a go..

Screw that caveman preacher.

So please, stop trying to make out this is innocent or misconstrued, because it very clear to see what this cave man was saying, and that was rape all the women you want, but do it under the guise of marriage..

Doing it in the "guise of marriage" ....

"Marriage".... requires the woman to consent to it. Which means it is not rape at all.

All I am saying is that the way you phrased this thread title is utterly DISHONEST.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Your cherry picking of Old Testament scripture is nice, however the fact's are that Christains do not practice what you had described, this is old history. The issue is that the Muslim's are practicing this filth today. Big difference my friend.

Actually, its the christians who cherry pick scripture.
They will only parrot the lovey-dovey verses... while sweeping the barbaric verses under the carpet.

Point being, its all in the same book which Christians say is their holy scripture.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ok, so were in the world do they members of Christain based religions engage or support the raping and mistreatment of women, the beheading and stoning of non-believers and the torture and death of homosexuals?
Allah and the Muslim religion was created as a side show. How can you deny the pure evil commited by these peace loving people? Do Christains engage in suicide bombings, car bombs that target civilian personnel???

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Ok, so were in the world do they members of Christain based religions engage or support the raping and mistreatment of women, the beheading and stoning of non-believers and the torture and death of homosexuals?

Christians forcefeed acid to children suspected of being witches

Homosexual hate crimes by christians

Christian militia carries out murder, abduction, mutilation, child-sex slavery and forcing children to participate in hostilities

Notice the pattern. Acts of barbarism usually take place in third world countries or in regions torn by conflict.
If you accuse all Muslims of being violent because the words/deeds of a few....then the very same line of reasoning can be used against Christians as well.

edit on 31-12-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

How can you deny the pure evil commited by these peace loving people?

Evil people will be judged by God.
Islam teaches that religious hypocrites will be in the lowest regions of hellfire.

Do Christains engage in suicide bombings, car bombs that target civilian personnel???

No, they just start wars the old fashioned way and bomb villages and cities from the skies... killing men, women, and children.

George W. Bush and Tony Blair are born again Christians. Fact.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You really are using that argument?

The short term marriages he is referring is called RAPE by everyone else.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Rape is when someone uses force to engage in a sexual act with someone.... against their will.
A marriage, even if "short term", requires mutual consent between both partners. It cant be rape... by any stretch of logic.

Now... am I saying "short term marriage" is acceptable? No.
But.... is "short term marriage" between 2 consenting partners "rape"? No, it isn't.

If it were so, then everybody who engages in a one night stand or a fling is a rapist or a rape victim. The whole idea that "short term" relationships or marriages equals rape is illogical.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

why in this day and age do we allow saudi fanatics any kind of voice were is thec free saudi from fanatic cleris movement ?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
[All I am saying is that the way you phrased this thread title is utterly DISHONEST.

Sounds more like you are trying to deal with your own cognitive dissonance that a leader of your religion should make so disgusting a fatwa against innocent women and children.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

"Marriage".... requires the woman to consent to it. Which means it is not rape at all.

Can I ask a logical question and jump in here?

Living in the west, (not sure where you are) women consenting to marriage takes copious amounts of courting from a man. Copious amounts of time, effort, dating, living together, knowing each other...and if you're lucky, she'll say yes after 2-5 years. There is nothing temporary about it at all. And I'm speaking from a non-religious stand point.

Now let's put extreme sharia law into the equation. It would be safe to assume sex out of wedlock is blasphemous correct? Punishable by death or forced marriage. Correct me if I'm wrong. The middle east doesn't have the luxury of westernized liberal sexual relations. However, one thing we both have in common is this. Women are selective no matter what country they are from. It's part of natural selection and this can not be refuted. Women are picky and this is fact.

Women are selective because they weed out the men with genetic imperfections in hopes of conceiving a child with the best possible genetic donor. Keeping this in mind, how in a million years could a middle eastern woman bound to sharia law agree to a temporary marriage? It makes no sense and defies the basic fundamental rules of natural selection. Women are not like men in terms of what causes attraction. Trust me, they are not picking you out based on the size of your shlong. They want to know what you can offer on the table. They don't have the sexual freedom in sharia countries to explore their physiological needs like they do here. I doubt the phrase one-night-stand means anything to them and wouldn't understand even if you tried to explain.

So with that said, considering the gravity of having sex out of wedlock, it only makes logical sense that "temp" marriages means one thing. Sex. And who made the fatwa? A man. What women in the middle east wants or would agree to temp sex? No one.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Unity_99

Rape is when someone uses force to engage in a sexual act with someone.... against their will.
A marriage, even if "short term", requires mutual consent between both partners. It cant be rape... by any stretch of logic.

Now... am I saying "short term marriage" is acceptable? No.
But.... is "short term marriage" between 2 consenting partners "rape"? No, it isn't.

If it were so, then everybody who engages in a one night stand or a fling is a rapist or a rape victim. The whole idea that "short term" relationships or marriages equals rape is illogical.

Give it up Skorpy baby
You can't defend the indefencable.
If you're so confident feel free to send your daughter into the lion's cage, and make sure she starts a thread we can follow.
Peace

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Can I ask a logical question and jump in here?

Sure

Living in the west, (not sure where you are) women consenting to marriage takes copious amounts of courting from a man.

Living outside the west.... what about western women consenting to being "picked up" in bars and consenting to "one night stands"? Is it "rape".... or a general lack of morality on both consenting, "courting" partners???

Copious amounts of time, effort, dating, living together, knowing each other...and if you're lucky, she'll say yes after 2-5 years. There is nothing temporary about it at all. And I'm speaking from a non-religious stand point.

Fair enough.
But.... from a non-religious point of view.... what about those bar pick ups and one night stands? Or is it an urban legend with no basis in reality?

Do those require 2-5 years of "dating" and "knowing each other"?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If I may direct your attention
To this thread

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join