It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Wahhabi Preacher Issues Fatwa Allowing Jihadis to Rape Syrian Women, plus latest news from Syr

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

BTW all your interpretations of those Koranic verses are from an anti-Islam website.

I could easily copy paste refutations from an Islamic website.

So not much of an argument / discussion there.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by snapperski

This is sick, just plain sick.
Any person using thier power to encourage any form of rape onto any person (14 years old for the Is' sake) should be removed from said position with extreme predudice and with immediate effect.

Rape is wrong in any case regardless of race creed or colour.

No means NO people

Careful now, our president bows to these people, they are our allies.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's not only advocating the rape of women, but girls as young as 14, these monsters make me sick, like you said were going backwards.

If that sickens you, this should make you vomit...

frontpagemag.com...

As Iranian lawmakers now seek to lower the legal age of marriage for girls to nine-years-old, the number of Iranian brides already under 10 years of age is sharply rising.

The Iranian decision to allow nine-year-old girls the legal opportunity to be married to fully grown men was announced by Mohammad Ali Isfenani, chairman of the Iranian Parliament’s Legal Affairs Committee.

Isfenani called Iran’s current civil legislation, which sets the minimum legal age of marriage for girls at 13-years-old, “un-Islamic and illegal,” saying, “We must regard nine as being the appropriate age for a girl to have reached puberty and qualified to get married. To do otherwise would be to contradict and challenge Islamic Sharia law.”

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by snapperski

This is sick, just plain sick.
Any person using thier power to encourage any form of rape onto any person (14 years old for the Is' sake) should be removed from said position with extreme predudice and with immediate effect.

Rape is wrong in any case regardless of race creed or colour.

No means NO people

Careful now, our president bows to these people, they are our allies.

Your president not mine my friend.
I bow only to truth and love, and would take up arms to protect them, unfortunately my truth and love is not the same as others. And so the war of truth and love begins again

I'm sorry but I'm so sick of little bullies getting power and the media broadcasting hate.
Only when man has fished the last fish, eaten the last crop, and is standing naked and starving will he realize you can't eat money and selflessness is a virtue.
On that footing at least those of us that understand it have already beaten the nwo etc.
Good luck my friend and a happy new year

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by svmpua

You have a talent for picking out the most misquoted verses in the Quran. Like Quran (5:33) you cannot get the proper context from this message without first reading Quran (5:32) and then Quran (5:34).

5:32-34 ...If any one slew a person - unless it be as punishment for murder or for spreading corruption in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land. The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Fatwa’s come out all the time, and not all of them are reasonable or even sane. Some of the religious leaders who issue these fatwa’s are out of touch with reality.

I have done my own search trying to find the fatwa you are speaking of and I can’t find reference of it on any site, other then sites just rehashing the original.

Temporary marriages are legitimate in Islam, it is not rape it’s marriage. By putting in the word rape, you knew that all people would see was the word RAPE and comment on that. Well done. We don’t have to like it, or agree with it but that is the way of Islam, temporary marriages. Child brides can be found all the world, in different religions and cultures, not just with Islam. And it happens with boys as well as girls. While some of us might not like it, who are we to say it’s right or wrong? There was a time not long ago when marriage at a young age was the norm rather then looked at with horror.

The world we live on is very diverse, every country and culture is not going to be the same as how we live in North America or Europe.

Here are a few age of consent laws for marriage in the USA:

Idaho: Under 16 you need a court order and parental consent on an affidavit of consent to marriage of Minor.

Kansas: Minimum age is 15. The legislation can be waived only by a district court Judge who thinks that getting marriage at such a young age would be in that individuals best interest.

Michigan: If you are 15 or younger you will need both parental consent and the approval of the probate court.

New Hampshire: Brides 13 years old and grooms 14 years of age can marry but their parents must apply for judicial waiver.

New York: if you are 14 or 15 written consent of both parents and a justice of the Supreme Court or a judge of the local family court.

North Carolina: 14 to 15 with a court order.

Pennsylvania: Anyone under 16 needs parental consent and approval of a judge of the Orphans Court.

South Carolina: Minimum age is 14 for female and 16 for a male.

And there are many more places those 14 years old can get married in the USA.

Mexico proposed temporary marriages in 2011, they would be valid for two years.

It's very easy to criticize Islam. Maybe another way of looking at some of these crazy fatwa’s is like this. Out of all the Muslims around the world, how many follow these crazy fatwa’s? I believe I’m pretty safe in saying not many Muslims jump on the bandwagon to follow every crazy fatwa a Cleric comes out.

While the Pope does not issue Fatwa's, he does spit out little jems just like Islamic Cleric's. Does anyone remember when Pope Benedict said condoms caused HIV AIDS?

Every single religion on this planet has it's problems and issues and crazy holy men, and fanatic's. That in itself does not make the religion or the people that follow the religion bad. It always amazes me how people can say Islam is not a religion of peace based on the actions of a few, or based on the Quran. Maybe those people should read the ever so peaceful Bible! The majority of Muslims are peaceful folk who cause no problems. How quickly people forget the brutality of the Catholic Church in it's day.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Well said sir, I could not have said it better myself. The world needs to wake up.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
what a load of BS
fatwas to rape????????????????????????????????????????????
your wrong at every concievable level.....
stoopid

Are you an Egyptian ! just my guess !!
I am sure you know it well that nowadays radicalism is widespread throughout the world and especially in the middle east. Wahabies those who are supported by money of arab monarchies. they do not want any freedom in the middle east. not in Syria and not in Egypt. those who simply call this or that infidels and those who comment about Koran upside down.
I know that the punishment of rape is nothing but death in Islam. maybe the news are not right. but this can not alter the truth. indeed they are some blinded radicals. they are following their egos and they are ruining Islam.
they are those who passed a fatwa that no one should help the people of Gaza and banned any rally for supporting them when Israel attacked them.
they are enemies of middle east and people and Islam and they are friends of satan !
Salafies and Wahabies and Radicals. they are not Sunnies. they are foreign to Islam unless they would not kill innocents in Syria, Iraq, Pakistan and ....., they would not kill muslims and stand beside Israel !!!
Egyptians and other muslims have every right to select Sharia law for their own countries but they should be aware of radicals. those who are supported by arab monarchies, and those who are shameless enough to allow Israel to do whatever it wants.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by maes2

bit cheeky thinking you know me...

how can a non muslim leader issue a fatwa???

its sensationalism...making news out of nothing....in fact its "advertising" for a minamal of the minamilist minority

as for being egyptian....arnt we all?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerseymilker

A very fair assessment.

Temporary marriages are legitimate in Islam, it is not rape it’s marriage. By putting in the word rape, you knew that all people would see was the word RAPE and comment on that. Well done.

Temporary marriages are not a common thing in Islam.
Islam itself places great value on the family system and you will find that the stunning majority of Muslims have been married to the same woman all their life.

Temporary marriages, even when practiced... still require 2 consenting partners.
But it is NOT "rape" as the OP has made it out to be. The word "rape" has just added drama and sensationalism to the thread title.... and as you said, people are just reacting to the R word.

I guess to most in this thread, "temporary" relationships (via legal marriage) are bad only if the muslims are doing it. Classy western practices of one-night-stands, hooking up with women in bars, flings... etc. are all 100% acceptable.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerseymilker

Well, just out of curiosity, what exactly would you call a "temp" marriage in the middle of a civil war? A little rub & tug?

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Islam is no more evil than any other religion. They are all subject to interpretation and the morality of the people who practice any religion is directly connected to the people doing the interpretation and the followers who are willing to accept it.

Very evil acts have taken place throughout history which have been committed with the approval of or even at the behest of every religion. No one's hands are clean in this regard.

The biggest fault I can find with those who practice evil in the name of Islam is that it comes from such a backwards, uneducated point of view. In a lot of cases the clashes between our cultures seems to be more driven by modern society vs. ancient society, economic and educational differences than anything based on factual religious conflict. Even modern day Christians still take positions that seem dated and based on individual interpretation of scriptures.

I'm not surprised to see something like this proclamation being made, especially in the places that practice backwards, extremist Islamic beliefs. Women are treated as little more than possessions and are often less valuable than livestock in these places. If we're going to be outraged about a proclamation allowing women to be raped in the name of Islam then perhaps we're missing the bigger picture? It's certainly no surprise in those cases...

My personal belief is that if the US Govt really supported a policy of modernism and more secular Islamic cultures in these places we'd start by going after the people who spend billions creating extremist groups, terrorists and spreading the teaching of extremist Islam. Saudi Arabia is at the top of that list followed by Pakistan. The fact we support and ally ourselves with these countries while putting our own soldiers in harm's way fighting the groups those countries support, fund and arm is either a glowing example of one hand not knowing what the other is doing, purely idiotic foreign policy, conspiracy or all the above.
edit on 31-12-2012 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Yeah, this is totally false haha. We all know Jihadists treat their women with respect LOLOL.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
reply to post by maes2

bit cheeky thinking you know me...
how can a non muslim leader issue a fatwa???
its sensationalism...making news out of nothing....in fact its "advertising" for a minamal of the minamilist minority

yes indeed it is a propaganda. but what the hell are the foreign soldiers (terrorists) doing in Syria ! Are they after Jihad for God ! as they suicide bomb everywhere and kill innocents for their satanic Gods ! some of them are really blinded victims ! some of them really think they are doing a Jihad against unbelievers ! who is responsible ! did Egypt or Tunis revolute by wars ! why are arab monarchies so insistent to send troops to Syria. is not all of the attempt of arab monarchies to control the fate of Syria for their egos. on behalf of their Zhionists friends. they themselves are some illegitimate monarchies suppressing their own people.

as for being egyptian....arnt we all?

that was just a shot in the darkness.

Militants can MARRY Syrian women: Wahhabi cleric in Saudi Arabia
A hard-line Wahhabi cleric in Saudi Arabia has recently issued a special religious decree that permits the militants in Syria to engage in short-term marriages with Syrian women.
www.presstv.ir...

edit on 31-12-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
So you want us to believe :-

Islam is Peaceful
Jihad is good
Jihad should be supported
Jihadi's do not rape
Islam does not kill anybody

Good luck

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
wahhabi is a religion, not blood, they also like the jews are waiting for Moshiach

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
Saudi Wahhabi Preacher Issues Fatwa Allowing Jihadis to Rape Syrian Women

Islam. Insane.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Temporary marriages does NOT equal rape.
"Rape" is how the OP defined "temporary marriages".... its not what that preacher actually said.

Most people posting in this thread are just looking to bash the religion without bothering to inspect what has actually been said.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
"Rape" is how the OP defined "temporary marriages".... its not what that preacher actually said.

Most people posting in this thread are just looking to bash the religion without bothering to inspect what has actually been said.

Yeah, I'll go by actions, Thanks.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

The definition of rape was posted, it's the intention behind the 'marriages' that is at doubt.
I'm pretty sure not all 14 year old Syrian girls want to have sex with the enemy.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join