It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conservative Thinking Behind The War On Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The Conservative Thinking Behind The War On Terrorism
by John Hawkins

The war between America and terrorism was joined by America on 9/11, but that's not when it started. Terrorists have been taking aim at America for more than two decades. Some of the more notable attacks include the Lebanon barracks bombing, the bombing of a German disco frequented by American servicemen, the first WTC bombing, the Khobar towers bombing, the bombing of our embassies in Kenya & Tanzania, & the attack on the USS Cole. Of course, there have been many other smaller attacks and a staggering number of terrorist plans that were thwarted by our intelligence agencies. But until 9/11, these were the pricks of a mosquito trying to take down an eagle. After 9/11, the eagle finally decided to get serious about the problem.

The Predicament....

The Perils Of Inaction.....

Destroying The Global Terrorist Network & Replacing It With Something Better.......

The Conclusion......

Terrorists have declared war on America and we are going to have to defend ourselves. The only real choice we have is whether to fight it out now or to try to put off the war. Fighting a war on terrorism now may require fighting beyond Iraq & more anger towards the United States, at least in the short term. But the alternative is allowing a shadowy terrorist army, aided by rogue regimes hostile to the United States, to grow in strength and gather chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons for attacks at a times and locations of their choosing. When that attack comes, we will be forced to either fall to our knees or respond just as we are doing now against a more powerful and better-prepared foe. We have no reason to think that we'd have more support at a future date. In fact, we would likely have much less backing given that we would have already declared a war on terrorism once without following through. Either we will meet this challenge on our terms today or on the enemy's terms in the near future. The choice is ours

Well this was a good read and I thought that folks in here could get a feeling why some people feel as they do...I hope you enjoy it.

www.rightwingnews.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ed,

While the U.S. may have been subject to terrorist attacks prior to 911, the Neo-Con agenda/foreign policy was already being formulated as well. The WOT may be an excuse to exersize "Strategic opportunities". Please follow the link below to The Rice Report. Yes I agree we are at war, but a greater agant pervails on all of this IMHO.

Condoleezza Rice senior fellow at the Hoover Institution and a professor of political science at Stanford University wrote an article titled "How to Pursue the National Interest ". The Hoover Institution is a conservative academic/research/think tank located on the Stanford University Campus in my hometown Palo Alto, CA. I was doing some research on an unrelated issue and came across this article. After reviewing the documents, I feel it provided a preview of the Foreign Policy agenda of the Bush Administration. When written, Rice was a foreign policy adviser to then presidential candidate Bush.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

join