It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens - Aliens and Cover Ups S05E02

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Why do some people believe that the government keeps reports of UFO encounters under wraps, and what might these cover-ups reveal about our ancient past? This episode touches on a lot of evidence relating to cover ups world wide. For those of you who like the Rendlesham UFO incident, in the UK, they touch upon the dubious case of the hand on the craft and the coded message said to be seen by Jim Penniston. You rarely see this info on Rendlesham in the Mainstream Documentaries.

I know there are a lot of Ancient Aliens haters out there. But please watch the episode before you start to debunk the hell out of everything. Thanks

Again.....Thoughts on this episode?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
so long as they do not show the (stupid-made-up-just-time-to fool-people) AVRO craft, i might take a look. however, for the person that keeps up on this stuff, i bet you that there will be nothing new, it again will be for newbies

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Lol I always thought thought this guy was just having a bad hair day, i didnt know it was his actual style

And its funny this is on the History Channel

Anyways Ive got nothing to do, Ive made it 10 minutes in so far and its kinda weak but I'll probably finish it.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I am currently at Season 4, haven't reached 5th. Though I know that there are 2 unaired episodes of Season 4 - the last two about secrets of the pyramids and alien coverup. Are these first two episodes the unaired last two episodes of Season 4?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jasonlreeve

you bring up an MSM propaganda as evidence of aliens cover up??

LOL !!!

they have already won.... !!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"if we were to know the truth society as we know it would collapse"

This the openiong statement of theis episode and the basis behind many conspiracy theories about 'aliens' but in reality this is just not true. Its a premise presented by people who want to feed you lies about alien visitation.

Many studies and polls have been done over the years about this subject and for the most part they all say that sociaty would be fine. One 3rd of the population belive in visiting aliens anyway and a larger percentage belive theres life out there somewhere in the universe. NASA and other agencies spend billions to look for life, every thime they even find the smallest hint of a possibility of life its all over the front pages of the news papers and makes headlines on the news.

So there would be no collapse and thus no need for a conpiracy of silence. So when yuou hear someone say "if we were to know the truth society as we know it would collapse" they are either naive or about to spin you a whole bunch of BS about cover ups and MIB type scenarios.

edit on 29-12-2012 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I hate the line that is always used saying that the "fabric of society" or our "foundations" would be rocked to the core if such and such would be revealed. Sounds so stupid.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jasonlreeve

Thanks for posting. I actually saw this on the History Channel (2) H2, last night, that's what they call it on my cable locally.

Although I am a regular viewer of the series, I have to admit that I am getting a little bored with it. The show in question was just a rehash of previous shows, with exerpts, and the new twist of "cover ups".

The whole part on the Rendlesham UFO incident, in the UK, was silly. You had Penniston, Burroughs, (the two retired army guys) and Linda Moulton Howe, walking through the forest trying to recount what the former two had witnessed over 20 years ago. Not very convincing, they really said nothing of interest.

Then the whole bit of Penniston with the binary code that he said was telepathically in his head, then put down on paper was very unbelievable. Even the computer guy who tried to analyze it had to fill-in [ ---- ] possible meanings. IMHO, fabricated.

So, entertaining?
Answer any real questions?
With that said, I will continue to watch the series for the entertainment value.
Also, I can add, with an open mind, the show does raise some interesting points of view that make a viewer wonder, and maybe research on your own a bit.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMasterMinder

This the openiong statement of theis episode and the basis behind many conspiracy theories about 'aliens' but in reality this is just not true. Its a premise presented by people who want to feed you lies about alien visitation.

Many studies and polls have been done over the years about this subject and for the most part they all say that sociaty would be fine. One 3rd of the population belive in visiting aliens anyway and a larger percentage belive theres life out there somewhere in the universe. NASA and other agencies spend billions to look for life, every thime they even find the smallest hint of a possibility of life its all over the front pages of the news papers and makes headlines on the news.

So there would be no collapse and thus no need for a conpiracy of silence. So when yuou hear someone say "if we were to know the truth society as we know it would collapse" they are either naive or about to spin you a whole bunch of BS about cover ups and MIB type scenarios.

edit on 29-12-2012 by MrMasterMinder because: (no reason given)

I'm not really sure the society wouldn't collapse!
Of course it depends how the MSM would "teach" the consumers about it.

If they say for example they have discovered fossils of bacteria on mars, that's not a problem for anyone
But if they would just make a breaking story of some alien ships approaching the Earth.... well... I see chaos

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KrzYma

There might be worry ,but a breakdown of society? Chaos? Would you want to riot and destroy society? Sure if it was presented as a threat but as the polls have shown most people would not go crazy.

Its just a flase premise used to make people believe in a secret coverup.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMasterMinder

Trying to find life on other planets and telling people 'extra-terrestrials' have been here all along, is two separately and entirely different things.
edit on 29-12-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrzYma

I'm not really sure the society wouldn't collapse!

But if they would just make a breaking story of some alien ships approaching the Earth.... well... I see chaos

Well actually, back in 1960 (granted attitudes have changed over the last 50+ years), the Brookings Institution was commissioned by NASA to prepare a study of Human reactions if some type of Alien life was found during our early days of Space Exploration. Attached is a quote from part of the report entitled: "Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Space Activities for Human Affairs

"Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Space Activities for Human Affairs does suggest that contact with intelligent extraterrestrial life (or strong evidence of its reality) could have a disruptive effect on human societies. Moreover, it does mention the possibility that leadership might wish to withhold evidence of extraterrestrial life from the public under some conditions."

The summary of the report can be found in a number of locations, here is one>>>>> en.wikipedia.org...

So, perhaps it wouldn't be so far-out,
to believe if TPTB really came across something 'out-of-this-world' they may very well keep it from us for as long as they could.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by KrzYma

There might be worry ,but a breakdown of society? Chaos? Would you want to riot and destroy society? Sure if it was presented as a threat but as the polls have shown most people would not go crazy.

Its just a flase premise used to make people believe in a secret coverup.

maybe... I actually hope...
but look at London, look at middle east, now India, and think of south america
how much does it takes for people to go on the street and burn and destroy all they get in they hands?
and if it starts what it takes to stop the mob?

I'm afraid Aliens would cause in many many people kind of uncontrolled release of feelings and they don't know how to handle it.
I don't even know how I would react, and I'm quite sure they are out there...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

I think it is even better this way.... somehow..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I didnt think this episode had very much to do with 'ancient aliens' theory. Towards the end it kind of changed into a regular documentry about UFO's.

Also i think Linda Howe is trying to upstage Giorgio Tsoukalos's wild hair with her crazy plastic surgery and botox

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

You have no way of knowing if those "studies" would be the factual way of how people would act. People can say they would react one way to aliens yet if it were to actually happen I bet their reactions would be HIGHLY different.

You never really know how you will react in a situation until it happens, you can do studies and survey's all you want but until it really happens you never really know.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The Governments of the world have been gradually bringing an awareness of the possibility of Extraterrestrial life to the world for many years now through movies and TV while stating categorically that they dont know anything.
Think of the computer your viewing this thread on, 30 years ago this wouldnt have been in your wildest dreams of being possible.
I still remember the first experience I had with a computer with a black and white tv game in about 1978.
Two paddles and a ball going back and forth across a screen.
That was amazing for the time and kept me and my 10 year old sister amused for hours.
That is just 34 years ago, now what do we have? The technology increase has been insane.
No doubt mankind has had help, and the government releases small amounts of info and technology at a time.
Where will we be in another 34 years? Will they finally tell us the truth? I think we are quite capable of understanding and accepting the truth about alien life now unless their is something far more nefarious at play.
What deals has the US government made allowing for an exchange in technology? Thats what concerns me the most.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I felt this episode was factual. It actually showed the battle for Los Angeles picture that is the only reason I actually believe UFO's might exist. The picture was taken before photographic alterations were common, and all I know is that there is something unidentified in the spotlights.

I guess the only question is, could it be that the flying machine in the spotlight was an enemy plane manufactured with secret technology? Who knows. But as far as I know the craft doesn't look terrestrial. Enjoyable show.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
wish there was a thread for the whole series!

what "crazy" plastic surgery? she looks aging somewhat gracefully for an intelligent being.. guess some people pay that much attention to non-confirmist hairdos?

conformity sucks, anyhoo!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join