It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Zombie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
While fighting through the Hordes on Black Ops 2 last night with my sons, my youngest asked me one of the deepest questions I have ever heard on the subject of Zombies. I thought I would present his question to the biggest group of deep thinkers that I know of... ATS of course!

I am still on the fence as far as my answer goes. I mean there so many implications to consider that I really don't know how to answer. So.... that being said, I would ask that along with your answer, could you please give us a little bit of the reasoning behind your choice.

Here goes:

Would you rather be the first person to be "turned" (into a zombie), or would you prefer to be the last human (unchanged) "survivor" left on Earth?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Too late too answer, I already feel like I'm one of the last survivors left. I look around and all I see is Zombies.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Mindless sheeple, right? Lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wastedown

Last...

Lots more ammo for me that way...

Hopefully I wouldn't be the very last though.... company would be nice

And if there wasn't at least one female left.... what would be the point?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If it was only one or the other, I would be the last one left.
Realistically(lol), I would probably take my own life to die as a human sometime during the event.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Make me the first. I'd like to see how the other side "lives"

S&F
edit on 29-12-2012 by forgetmenot because: S&F

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You guys get it!

It's harder than you would think. At first I was like I'd be the last survivor, But then I thought well it gets kinda lonely even with people around I can imagine with noone around, and seriously what good is ammo if nobody gets to see that awesome headshot?!

You: "Hey bro did you see that?! that's gotta be what it least 1500 yards?!"

Bro: "Uuurrrrrggggghhhhhhh........."

3 weeks later...

You: "Wilson?! Was that you?!"

Wilson: "....." (Wilson says nothing cuz he's a freakin volleyball with a face drawn on it.)
edit on 29-12-2012 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Akragon got a point even the sane of us would break after awhile i think.. the point being thats his point of view for me i rather be the first! If someone had to take it i'd rather do it being a single man with no kids and rarely see family i'd take the fall for u guys. So u all can survive.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
show him the movie 'omega man' with charlton heston [there's a remake with will smith, don't know the title].
that outta set him straight.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wow, that is a pretty interesting question. If there were no in-between, I guess I would want to be the last one alive. I choose that option because you still would have all that time until you are the last survivor. Also, everyone would be having fun trying to kill me and I would miss out on all the fun!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
all im saying ill bite the bullet for everyone for the greater sake of man kind im that nice of a guy i'd save u so u can run with ur family that really means something worse fighting for... but i would like to be remember as someone not as someone that begin something so big... im truthfully the rare breed so say..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I feel like you could learn alot about you "friends" or the people you let share your life with this little tid-bit from a child.

There is honor in sacrafice for those that say "I'd die for all of you" even us strangers. At the same time, we really talking about sacraficing yourself for nothing, I mean ultimatly everyone gets "turned" until there is only one left. What's the point right? It comes down to the whole idea of "I don't have to outrun them, I just have to outrun you!". Sorry honey, but I am pushing you down so I can get away, but what does that say about me as a person?

When it comes down to it could I be the monster that something like that would take?

I'd like to think of myself as being a post apocolyptic bada$$, a "Talahasse" if you will, that is able to keep my family alive and my kids still seeing Dad as their hero. In all actuallity what is the point? Would it be better to literally bite the bullet and end the suffering of those I hold dear? Then I remember reading about a guy named Dante & him talking about a special place in hell for those who end their own lives, which brings us to thoughts of "afterlife", do the undead pass on? Do they have a soul? Are they forever stuck in a rotting body?

One simple question brings up so many more.
edit on 29-12-2012 by wastedown because: Spelling and I still don't think I got it right

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Wastedown i would suffer for everyone on this earth just for one to spend one more sec longer with their loved ones that is why i said i'd be the first came to be and afterward idk if i'd be in hell or heaven what do u think? if i can't control myself and how can i still be here? im still a mammal right? i need to eat and poop and do whatever. i wouldn't know what im doing would i? i guess what im saying is i love poeple but at the same time i hate people.. i would make that big step just for u to stare deep into ur sons eyes and say goodbye... b/c for me that means something.. if nothing can mean something then that would make just me happy.. even in the afterlife if sooo for me that would mean something... i like to keep some strand of hope.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
this is still someone just one would believe in isn't it? from a point of view still... people have die for less right? i would like to die for something...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BobSacamano

Wow Bob, that is Heroic as you see with a capital "H".

I like many I am sure would lay down my life so my family could live on if there was a glimmer of hope left at all that they would find some sort of normalcy.

I would for you and your actions carve your story in stone in the hopes that some future evolved creature could learn of your sacrafice and tell tales of your bravery, and would hope that someone would do the same for me.

The question of the soul goes somewhere waaayyy deeper, and noone really knows and never will. Words in stone would assure we lived on for hundreds of years at least. The "legend" of us would live on even if the soul doesn't.

On a lighter side, I think the funniest part of it all would be those first few days. Seeing what people were wearing when they were "turned" or watching half naked Trannies running in broken heels, divas with weej

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
YA!!! i'd have abunch of zombie friends with me i guess not like im going out alone lol... and thats the way of the zombie to overrun. in my opinion it would be something out of 28 days later or 28 weeks later! GREAT MOVIES! waste this is a great post for me b/c i've always thought about zombies since i was little and i'd watched all zombies movie and bought all the games out there!!!

top topics

join