It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats in my picture?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordDrakula
Zeppelin :

edit on 29-12-2012 by LordDrakula because: (no reason given)

Zeppelin:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerafyrm
reply to post by gortex

Picture was taken about two months ago I was over at my mom's house visiting in Rockville Connecticut near the court house...

And no one else witnessed this great, momentous occasion of a large unknown vessel in the sky in broad daylight?

I'm going with nothing but a cloud.

Peace

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

reply to post by gortex

Picture was taken about two months ago I was over at my mom's house visiting in Rockville Connecticut near the court house...

And no one else witnessed this great, momentous occasion of a large unknown vessel in the sky in broad daylight?

I'm going with nothing but a cloud.

Peace

cloud? it's obviously not a cloud. it's either a) lamp that is overexposed (like in the picture with the couple someone posted) or b) an unidentified flying object (not saying it's extraterrestrial, looks like the shape of a zeppelin but the top doesnt make sense.

btw the OP gave the street address has anyone bothered to check on google maps or google street view if there is a lamp that could be similar to what we are seeing in this pic?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Have you tried to street view?. You'll that find you cant down that road. You can get close. Streetlights close to the area kinda look the same. Height wise, above power lines, its all there.

Ill go with streetlight on this one.

edit on 30-12-2012 by blackspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
ALIEd zeppeliN

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It is a plane...why can't anyone see this.
This is why no one else witnessed any UFO that day...because it was identified...as a plane.

If it is flying towards you while climbing in altitude the nose of the plane will rise up above the rest of the planes body...causing an optical illusion...with the haze in the sky, details of the plane were obscured. This explains why all the people in the photo weren't even paying any attention to it.

Geez...stop trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
It is a plane...why can't anyone see this.
This is why no one else witnessed any UFO that day...because it was identified...as a plane.

If it is flying towards you while climbing in altitude the nose of the plane will rise up above the rest of the planes body...causing an optical illusion...with the haze in the sky, details of the plane were obscured. This explains why all the people in the photo weren't even paying any attention to it.

Geez...stop trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents.

where are you seeing the plane mate? where are the plane's wings then? besides a plane cant fly that low. it's a street lamp.

farm7.staticflickr.com...

it really looks like one of the lamps in this pic, you just can't see the pole. could also be a zeppelin.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2012 by Picollo30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by apd96

Okay, whatever you say newb. At the end of the day, I have seen quite a few claims of UFOs in pictures and these were debunked fast. So I know what I am talking about. See HERE

I am just tired of posters not doing their own research before posting something online for discussion. Such matter can be dealt with easily. I find that most people are lazy. And fyi, I am most likely one of the nicest people in life. Get over assuming what someone's personality is like when you don't know them. Peace.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by apd96

Okay, whatever you say newb. At the end of the day, I have seen quite a few claims of UFOs in pictures and these were debunked fast. So I know what I am talking about. See HERE

I am just tired of posters not doing their own research before posting something online for discussion. Such matter can be dealt with easily. I find that most people are lazy. And fyi, I am most likely one of the nicest people in life. Get over assuming what someone's personality is like when you don't know them. Peace.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

you are saying it's a blatant hoax since the beginning of the thread but you are yet to explain what the object is... so why is it a hoax? is it a street lamp? a plane? a bird? superman?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
My first thought, I zoomed in on my phone and it looked like a smudge, streaked from left to right. Maybe on the lens, I dunno... But then when I zoomed back out, it didn't look quite right to be a smudge. And I don't know how it got the darker part on the right and at the top.

If it was a streetlamp or top of a pole then it would still be there. You could send the pic to your mom and have her look.

I could be wrong but it looks a little close, a little low, a little big to be a plane, unless there's an airport very nearby and it was in the ascent or descent stage...

There's just not enough to work with here to make a decision either way.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Kerafyrm

At first glance it looks like a blimp to me in the first picture, the second picture still looks like it could be a blimp...but it does have more of a saucer shape to it. Hard to say from this angle. Interesting picture though.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
To me it looks like someone threw a white baseball cap with a red logo in the air...but who knows.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I was going to go with one of those planes that can land on water, the plane above the cloud line and the floaters just barely visible,

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This should have been in the hoax bin long ago.

The key question the OP still hasn't answered is:

IF THIS WAS TAKEN ON AN IPHONE4 WHY DOES THE EXIF DATA SHOW TYPE "MOTOROLA"?

The OP is simply testing his photoshop skills but failed in other technical aspects, his mistake was mentioning an iPhone, when the phone was actually a motorola, so we don't even need to try to understand "what" the object is, because we already KNOW what the object is, it's an object designed to look like a UFO.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by yg2bfkm
IF THIS WAS TAKEN ON AN IPHONE4 WHY DOES THE EXIF DATA SHOW TYPE "MOTOROLA"?

This EXIF tag have nothing to do with the camera model used, but only define if the ordering encoding was either "Intel type" ("Little Endian") or "Motorola type" ("Big Endian")

In the EXIF encoding, the next two bytes after the two JPEG marker bytes indicates the endianess of the data stored in the Exif directories. It can be "II", meaning that Intel ordering is used, then the byte order is "Little Endian", or "MM", meaning Motorola ordering is used, then the byte order is "Big Endian".

The EXIF tags for the camera used are "Make" and "Camera Model Name" and are generally found for any JPEG photo.

Examples:

Here, the camera model is a "Casio EX-Z33" which used the Motorola ordering for the endianess of the data stored in the EXIF directories.

Here, the camera model is a "Canon Rebel T2i" which used the Intel ordering for the endianess of the data stored in the EXIF directories.

As for OP's photo itself, here are some suggestions to try to define what's in this picture:
1- Do another shoot, like I said in my previous post:

Do another shoot during daylight from the exact same position, (yourself or some member of your family that lives here, no matter the camera used in order to do this) but with other atmospheric conditions than those of that day (blue sky for example) and/or other hour of the day; just to be sure to avoid this unwanted over-exposure effect this time.

2- Post another random shoot taken with the same camera and using the exact same process as Kerafyrm did for the "UFO" shoot, here on this thread. This could help to compare the EXIF data and better understand why there's no (or so little) EXIF data.

Here's how EXIF data for a picture taken with the back camera of an iphone4 should looks like (with the GPS on):

1- Encoding ordering endianess
2- Camera model
3- Technical tags (ISO, shutter speed...)
edit on 30-12-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

OMG its just a plane for cryin out loud! An airplane plain and simple. You dont see the wings?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Since Connecticut is a seaboard state I would say its all near the ocean or the sound at least. You dont live in Conn and not live near the ocean. How far are you from the shore?

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko

It doesn't look like it was originally there when the image was taken but rather some kind of "artifact". It seems to be sitting "on top of the image", it looks out of place, like a cartoon drawing in a real photo...

I didn't edit this besides changing the colors around in the second picture aka second link that IS the original picture taken right off my iphone4 and as I said we saw nothing in the sky when the picture was taken.

No you didnt notice anything in the sky when the photo was taken but it was there because you have a photo of it. Silly.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Was taking a picture of my mom... no I did not see anything in the sky.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Look on google earth.

Btw the street is a one way road up hill don't know if that helps anyone.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join