It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats in my picture?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It would be a street light or a heat lamp.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerafyrm
So whats in this picture is it a reflection or is that actually a object? It's pretty easy to spot left side of the picture in the sky when the picture was taken we saw nothing in the sky...no planes, no birds, no light on the deck and its not part of the telephone phone pole or wires and its not part of the trees...Oh and its not a balloon.

Here's the original picture.
imageshack.us...

Here's the same picture but I changed the colors around a bit that's all.

imageshack.us...
edit on 29-12-2012 by Kerafyrm because: Add something.

Hi,
it doesn't look like any blimp i ever saw but people manufacture blimps that look like anything really. Could be.

It is not an airplane, it has some kind of "tower" like a submarine.

Strange...

Andro

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
My best guesses

1. A blimp or Zeppelin

2. An image inserted into the photo via those crap UFO photo manipulators used through certain smart phones.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordDrakula
Zeppelin :

edit on 29-12-2012 by LordDrakula because: (no reason given)

This looks to be the most likely suspect. Good eye/find.
edit on 29-12-2012 by Daemonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Remind me of this one:

...from this thread. It was the top part of a street lamp and the pole was not visible due to over-exposition.

I didn't edit this besides changing the colors around in the second picture aka second link that IS the original picture taken right off my iphone4 and as I said we saw nothing in the sky when the picture was taken.

Well, if it's a picture that comes straight off your Iphone, then the EXIF data shouldn't look like this:

... but should have all the technical informations in it, i-e camera name, ISO, aperture, etc... unless, like Gavron said above, if it's a still from video mode. (Not 100% sure about it anyway, since the resolution is different here as well [729 x 1296 instead of 720 x 1280])

So could it be possible to know the exact process/mode you use with your Iphone to do this picture?

Thanks!

edit on 29-12-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I think you have won.

Did you want the new living room set or the mountain bike as your prize?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
To me, it looks like a plane making a forward approach toward you...sometimes the silhouette gets skewed by the angle that you are observing it...did you see this object when you took the picture? Did it move? I'm sure that you know a plane when you see it...so maybe it didn't even register with you at the time you took the photo.

Also, it seems as if it's a bit of a hazy day...and haze and heat can altar the way things look.

If I didn't give you any plausible explanations for this photo...I apologize.

Planes can give the appearance of being a completely different aircraft when observed at certain angles. I hope this helps answer your questions.

I want to believe in UFO's...so I am not a jerkish skeptic...but you should always consider down-to -earth possibilities before entertaining grandiose theories.

Okay...I just looked at the photo again...it is a plane heading towards your direction and climbing...the nose of the plane is turning upwards. I have seen planes myself that looked as if they were a UFO, especially at night...until it gets a bit closer. Especially planes that are moving towards you...sometimes planes observe moving horizontally can appear to look like a "cigar shaped UFO" because the wings are obscured and allows for an optical illusion...I live by an airport and I had been fooled a few times. No worries.
edit on 29-12-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: I needed a second look at the photo.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Kerafyrm
Interesting picture but it looks to me like a blimp or a helicopter..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Recolored, zoomed, rebalanced and inverted:

It is not a blimp, but i did find artifacts around it... unless it's some kind of temperature distortion around it i don't see how they would be there...
mmmmmmm

Andro
edit on 29/12/2012 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius

So whats in this picture is it a reflection or is that actually a object? It's pretty easy to spot left side of the picture in the sky when the picture was taken we saw nothing in the sky...no planes, no birds, no light on the deck and its not part of the telephone phone pole or wires and its not part of the trees...Oh and its not a balloon.

imageshack.us...

imageshack.us...

Hi,
it doesn't look like any blimp i ever saw but people manufacture blimps that look like anything really. Could be.

It is not an airplane, it has some kind of "tower" like a submarine.

Strange...

Andro

The tower you see is only the nose of the plane...the plane is climbing in altitude...so it's nose is turned up at about a 45 degrees...causing the illusion that something is stacked on top.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
he it does look like a submarine. could be a streetlamp(?). who knows.
anyway here's a gif of 'it' with various filters;

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
DAMN ! thats where i left my airship

but yeah , verry strange image , ive got to agree with most on here by saying , looks like some sort of blimp ,
dose look verry similar to a submarine tho

keep your eyes open OP mite see more of these docking up in your area

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Interesting I have never seen that other picture so do you think its a street light?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I fly RC planes/helicopters and quad copters and my grandfather flew B51 bombers and also worked for Pan Am flying airliners and my buddy is a airliner mechanic and so I know a little about aviation but I'm no expert but I know for a fact planes don't fly that low...RC planes on the other hand can.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius

It is not a blimp, but i did find artifacts around it... unless it's some kind of temperature distortion around it i don't see how they would be there...
mmmmmmm

Andro
edit on 29/12/2012 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

Temperature distortion can that be caused by lighting or something? I don't really know much about cameras, pictures and videos.

Andro

The tower you see is only the nose of the plane...the plane is climbing in altitude...so it's nose is turned up at about a 45 degrees...causing the illusion that something is stacked on top.

What?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RascalTruthSeeker
DAMN ! thats where i left my airship

but yeah , verry strange image , ive got to agree with most on here by saying , looks like some sort of blimp ,
dose look verry similar to a submarine tho

keep your eyes open OP mite see more of these docking up in your area

I don't live in the area I live close by in South Windsor as I said I was visiting my mom but I always got my eyes open heh I want proof of something just as much as the next person. However I should add that I have seen weird stuff happen at night using my telescope over on Green Road in Ellington Connecticut which is farmland.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kerafyrm

Can you explain the photo dimension issue? The exif information from the photo does not correspond with a Iphone4 photo.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron
reply to post by Kerafyrm

Can you explain the photo dimension issue? The exif information from the photo does not correspond with a Iphone4 photo.

No all I can add to that is sometimes my phone records videos upside down and sometimes it doesn't even let me view the videos horizontal. For example say I have my phone horizontal the video will sometimes switch vertical same for pictures however my pictures never come out upside down like videos do sometimes. My phone has hit the ground a bunch of times from me getting out of my car with it on my lap...Never taken it to get looked it but theses problems didn't always happen.

Note: I don't know much about how photos, cameras and videos reason why I posted here to see if anyone can figure this out...

I also have a App called Slow Shutter but I don't use it, it allows you to change the shutter speed and capture mode but I never figured out how it actually works reason why I don't use it but anyways it is still on my phone. I will add that in the options for this App it has settings to change picture size it says S M L and its on M. It also has settings for Exposure lock, screen shutter, volume shutter, sound effects, auto-save and self time.

Hope that helps some...
edit on 29-12-2012 by Kerafyrm because: Add more

If you need like my iphone4 settings or something just tell me what to look for and I will post it all.
edit on 29-12-2012 by Kerafyrm because: Add even more.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

... do you think its a street light?

Possibly...

And the only way to be sure would be to do another shoot during daylight from the exact same position, (yourself or some member of your family that lives here, no matter the camera used in order to do this) but with other atmospheric conditions than those of that day (blue sky for example) and/or other hour of the day; just to be sure to avoid this unwanted over-exposure effect this time.

Could it be possible for you to do that?

edit on 29-12-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

imageshack.us...

imageshack.us...

I just have to ask this one question...did you sign up to ATS to spread false pictures of UFOs? Are you a troll? Are you looking for ways to improve your "stellar" skills on producing fake UFO images?

Just asking...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join