It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia saying Cold War 2 now on.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
It never really ended despite attempts to reset it here and there. The difference is the Cold War with the Soviets was between two fairly even rivals and their allies all over the planet. Russia is a shell of of what it was in the Soviet days and mostly just trying to not to lose any more influece in its former Soviet states that are being gobbled up by NATO and China. Russia does not want accept its postition as regional power that is only significant because of it large amount of nukes. I still expect that if China manages to survive all the challenges that is has to face and comes through down the road as true world power you will Russia join NATO to survive.

not so fast...their massive gas reserves have been sold to europe for a while now...and ....they are a net exporter of oil....they are not as broken down as you think

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As long as we "the people" (not only the North Americans ones) doesn't step up and demand a change we are doomed. I'm working on it every day, ideas party, no fkn politicians, you will see...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You can't look at Russia as.. just Russia.

They are SCO the same way we are NATO. They are part of a military alliance.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

There is no military alliance whatsoever, maybe never was, the fact is that a few corporations mandates what country to invade, blockade, bomb next according to their interests. I can prove that to you easily.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The last cold war was about ideologies and spheres of influence. This one will be economic and have spheres of influence as a long second place.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patifier

There is no military alliance whatsoever, maybe never was, the fact is that a few corporations mandates what country to invade, blockade, bomb next according to their interests. I can prove that to you easily.

In that context, countries don't even exist and it's just a bunch of people with personal agendas colluding.
Which isn't wrong, but for the purposes of this thread I meant to interject that it wouldn't just be Russia as we know it.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Patifier

In that context, countries don't even exist and it's just a bunch of people with personal agendas colluding.
Which isn't wrong, but for the purposes of this thread I meant to interject that it wouldn't just be Russia as we know it.

There are countries, and the US is the best example that they exist, or else why bother trying so hard to disarm the people?

My point is that lawmakers of almost every country are sponsored by corporations that has their agendas of global dominance.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Russia will align herself with Europe once again in the coming decades. The Communist split may have soured things, but before that Russia had strong ties with Europe, and was allied with France before WW1

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Militarywarfare

well actually,

have you not noticed the Russian population buying summer homes all over Europe,buying buildings, malls and all sorts of utilities, ect, all over the planet?

Dude, THEY ARE LOADED.

I mean,.... really.This is not the early 90s. They are doing REALLY well now. They have lots of dough. They are "golden AK 47" rich....

They can most certainly compete with us economically. Our days of American exceptionalism are coming to an end. An engineered end from within, but none the less, an end.

We will be reborn as a nation, and then all the hate directed towards us in our time of need and loss, will turn to vengeance in our hands. THEN the world will see the real American empire.

The world army (future EU army) will not kill a nation of Spartans and send them running. That is where this is all retarded IMO. The world really has it out for us, but we are not the problem. The real source of all this will become self evident once our fall is complete. We will lose at first, but from the ashes a phoenix like that of 1776 will rise again in the hearts of the people. This time wiser and stronger.

That is the extent of my predictions for now on this. It is actually quite depressing to think about. Our fall is inevitable. The world really wants it. BUT, the world is full of morons. They are canning a extra large can of whoop ass we will pry open with our teeth if necessary, but we will open it up on them once they fire the first celebratory fire works of our demise. We arent surrounded by them like a prison, They are stuck on this planet with us with no escape.

fear is the mind killer. Accept what may come as inevitable, and so make your resolve to persevere as persistent as the force working against your will. No matter what we lose, be prepared to be the seed of your people. Be the true sons and daughters of the republic once again if need be. That can not be taken.

edit on 29-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Isn't this that news site that says a lot of things only for someone like Russia to come out and say they are talking BS?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Melting pot. We are too diverse for your vision. It was nice while it lasted though.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am Russian, born there but raised in Canada. I can assure you that they are doing incredibly well economically and have only been growing. Weaponry in Russia, I speculate is a bit more superior - though with Nukes either way people will die. I really hope it doesn't head into a full-scale war, but if the Russian governments are actually building these bunkers to protect their people and are publicly and easily accessible regardless of your social status, I give them that one up on the US any day.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Russians don't care about the Americans, there never was a cold war, it was all American propaganda and brain-washing.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
China buys Tu-22 production line from Russia

Even more of this Russia helping out China...... I'm kinda scared to be honest.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't think Russia is declaring war (cold or otherwise) as much as it is saying enough. And its not just Russia. China, Russia and India in the East are looking at the American house of cards economy and the corruption at the top as a return to their past.

And don't forget the whole other continents of Southern "America" and Africa. South America is really tired of American meddling in their affairs. I won't push the way back machine to far but count the number of countries down there and all the horrible suffering either under direct military intervention by or at the hands of American backed "Banana Republic" dictators.

Heres something on US "involvement":

www.independent.co.uk...

The entire continent of Africa sees well the result of Humanitarian Intervention in Libya, and the "revolts" in Tunisia and Egypt. They must unify if they are to stand against more of the same. America is eyeing and vying with China for newly discovered resources in that continent. This includes huge oil deposits.

African Oil

China and Russia's economies are growing yearly and building reserves while the US lays plans to spend more of theirs pounding sand in another desert overseas. They have made it clear where they stand on further US "intervention" on their door step in the Middle East.

And our major allies? NATO is the EU and they are broke? Japan is glowing. Who else can we count on?

Australia and Canada?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think this is rubbish and having lived through the last cold war i came to think of that as fake.

Russia trades with the west and is doing well.

This is a cover up for something else.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
I am Russian, born there but raised in Canada. I can assure you that they are doing incredibly well economically and have only been growing. Weaponry in Russia, I speculate is a bit more superior -

Yet the evidence suggests the average Russian is still fairly poor. Granted, there are a few Russian zillionaires who have profited by the collapse of the Soviet Union and the rampant corruption, but the majority of Russians have a lesser life. The Russian economy is propped up by gas and oil and that fluctuates.

The only nation who wants another Cold War is Russia. The West and NATO don’t give a toss. They treat Russia with the seriousness they deserve.

Regards

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
Russia will align herself with Europe once again in the coming decades. The Communist split may have soured things, but before that Russia had strong ties with Europe, and was allied with France before WW1

Not only but is supplying Europe with Natural Gas thru its ever expanding reach of pipelines.

www.npr.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well the way i see it the terrorist threat was just the filling giving Russia the time to reorganize and become a real threat again ..Russia has reorganized and is ready to show the world its a world power again and thats good news for the WEstern Military Industrial Complex as its just the boost they need .. They are ready to start ramming drones down the worlds throat and just as many bills right behind them ....

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just a note here..but if the Russian Federation is an economy in trouble? I'll trade our "wealth" for their 'trouble' any day and twice on Sunday. I wouldn't trade anything else....but economic? Oh we're crashing and burning while they have a bright future ahead of them. We've spent ourselves into a pit of self destruction and it's damn near total. They have next to no debt...at all.

(Source: CIA Factbook / Russian Federation Stats

In fact, Russia is literally in the best position in the world right now for raw numbers indicating economic health and future stability. They are at the top...and we're 2nd from dead last. Yeah.... They aren't the ones with a HUGE problem. I just wish our problems weren't 100% our own making. We've killed ourselves...and now we're looking at other nations and calling them weak? Ugh....

(Source)
edit on 29-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join