It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is confession time.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is like a getting to know you thread. It is meant to be fun and lighthearted. I might even do a series. No one should be judged, if you don't like what is said, within reason, don't respond.

Everyone is different in their morals, their limitations, and what they find acceptable. No one is perfect, EVER. I thought it would be fun to see maybe how similar, or how different, everyone is.

All I ask is that you give honest answers. And if you feel the need to explain, please go for it.

If anything, this is a conversation starter.

But it is to show that the lines for right and wrong are usually pretty fuzzy for most people.

1. Have you ever looked in someone else's medicine cabinet, without their knowledge?

2. Have you done anything nice for anyone in the past 2 weeks, just to be nice?

3. What is the least favorite thing you like about yourself?

4. What would be the worst thing you would do to achieve your goal in life?

5. Have you ever been a hypocrite? Preaching one thing but doing another?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
This is like a getting to know you thread. It is meant to be fun and lighthearted. I might even do a series. No one should be judged, if you don't like what is said, within reason, don't respond.

Everyone is different in their morals, their limitations, and what they find acceptable. No one is perfect, EVER. I thought it would be fun to see maybe how similar, or how different, everyone is.

All I ask is that you give honest answers. And if you feel the need to explain, please go for it.

But it is to show that the lines for right and wrong are usually pretty fuzzy for most people.

1. Have you ever looked in someone else's medicine cabinet, without their knowledge?

No, been tempted a few times but i leave it alone.

Yes, many things.

i'm lazy as hell, this is one thing i would like to get rid off...

Steal, maybe, usually i try to do it without doing anything wrong.

Many times, i think everyone does it at some point. Do what i tell you not what i do

edit on 29/12/2012 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

LOL!

You first. Lead by example

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

No, but I have looked in their beer fridge on more than one occasion, I just can't help myself. Am I weird?

Yes, I provide less-than-average avatars to people who frequent this forum

3. What is the least favourite thing you like about yourself?
Don't know when to stop drinking beer - rely on the wife and mates to tell me.

Give up!

Daily when I'm home. "Kids, pick that up, clean your room, be quite"
edit on 29-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: added quote link

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

1. No
2. Yes, I try to do good things for people as often as possible the old saying is true "doing good feels good"
3. Gonna have to get back to you on that one.
4. There is one organisation that is currently threatening my entire future that I will not name. I would do pretty much anything short of rape/murder if I thought it would aid, or bring about the demise of this vile entity.
5. I have deliberately used this tactic in my fight against the above mentioned,

Hypocracy is the tribute vice pays to virtue
edit on 29-12-2012 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

If you mean bathroom cabinet Yes, we dont have medical cabinets in OZ

Yes, I used a slightly more expensive and inefficient printer just because I know the lady who runs it isnt doing very well. I also rescued another Kitten and rehomed him

Do you mean the thing I like least about myself?
I would either say my good looks and charm, maybe my intelligence, maybe my awesome wit, possibly how good I am in bed. Either one of those or the fact Im so down to earth and humble

But all all seriousness the thing I like least about myself is the fact I dont take much seriously and can be a bit insensitive to other peoples feelings

Professionally I lie on a daily basis, I dont feel bad about it as its not hurting anyone but I know its not good, thats about the worst I would do as Im not really driven enough to do worse.
I just read an article that said 50% of professional athletes would take a pill that killed them within 5 years if it meant winning!!!!!!
People like that scare me, If they are willing to kill them selves I can only imagine what they would do to others if consequences werent an issue

Many times, I tell people they need to be more motivated when Im ridiculously lazy, Ive put girlfriends through the ringer for cheating when I was doing the same, I have a go at my sister for not calling my Mum enough when I call her even less, Ive sacked people for turning up late frequently when I myself are never on time

OMG!!!!!!
I think this thread has just made me realise Im a horrible person

Im gonna go call my Mum

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Other than my mother's as a child, no. There was never a reason to.

That's a vague question. I've hugged people, kissed their cheek, given massages, gotten drinks for people, opened doors for others, helped them to their chair, etc. I've done a lot of small things. As I put it, it's the big things that show you care, and the little things that show how much.

My ego. I usually assuage such guilt by remembering that many people who have modest egos tend to let people walk all over them. My ego gives me the strength to fight for what I want. But it does cross the line more often than not.

I would step on someone to get to a ledge. Then I would find a way to lift them up as well. Being the gentleman isn't always conducive.

Hell yes. Haven't we all? But just because I've been known to practice hypocrisy doesn't mean I won't call you out on yours.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

All right, I'll answer- but don't tell anyone!

No, I don't want to know what's in there. It could sway my opinion about the person, and that's not fair.

I try to do something nice for someone every day, just because I can.

I smoke too much.

I don't think I would do anything bad, but when I was younger there were a few times I lied to meet my goals. I wouldn't do that anymore and haven't in many years.

Indeed I have! One cannot raise children without having acted the hypocrite at one time or another. Now that they are grown I have learned to practice what I preach- but no one is perfect.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Go call your mum!

lol

some good can come out of this, maybe.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HerbalJunkie

In all the years that I have questioned people, you are the first to make me answer my own question. The rest of the time, they have never noticed that I didn't provide the answer.

Congratulations!!

Yes. I look through my dads. Because he is one of those who won't reveal medical information to kids. He was going to have major heart surgery without telling me, so I try to see what else he may be hiding.

Everyday. I try to compliment women at least once a day, since society works so hard to make women feel bad about themselves.
In real life, I am a positive person who always tries to uplift people and pay it forward.

My lack of ambition. Zero, zip, nada. Which in this area, is like having leprosy.

Not much, I don't even like killing bugs. If I can't do it on my own steam, it isn't worth it to me. BUT...
if you crap on me, I will come after you, in every legal way possible.

Actually, for the most part, no. I am a blunt person and say what I mean. I am pretty honest when it comes to that. My kid is even making me enforce this now. He is one sharp utensil and would quickly point out anything at odds with me.
The only exception is my current relationship, which is a type I have railed against previously.
edit on 29-12-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I used to be a bleeding heart liberal /new ager.

I used to steal 20 bucks from my sisters purse every weekend for beer when she moved in back home for a year and I was still in HS.

I could kill a man/ let him die if the right sort of person I just knew for a fact was evil came across my path. I am not a psycho, nor would I plan and murder someone I don't like. BUT, if I am the only one around and he is like hanging from a bridge and I know he did something awful I would let him fall. OR, if He was about to open a door to a fire he didn't know of, I would just stay quiet and not warn him. If I just don't like you it doesn't apply, I would help you even if you are a jerk. BUT If I KNOW you are an evil person and I see these opportunities for nature/ God to correct the situation I don't interfere. Child molester needs a ride to a hospital? "oh well, I didn't see ya there bleeding on the floor pal". Rapist loses his inhaler and I see it? "OOPS I didn't mean to step on it there buddy." Ect.....

I have gone to a brothel drunk out of my mind with some friends once and slept with a prostitute, regretted it almost immediately (money wise and self esteem wise), never did it again. It was awful too. Ugh. Waited a month and went to get checked for everything at a clinic where no one knew me. One of the worst experiences of my life was that walk of shame. She was nice though. I still to this day say I will never pay for sex....and I wont (ever again), I already did once. I am a hypocrite.

I once stole from my friends brothers lock box in HS, where he kept, stuff.....T&C....regretted that too. I had to figure out a way of sneaking 20 bucks back into it with out him noticing the surplus cash. He was a good friend and his brother is one of my closest friends. I am a jerk. It was new years eve and I drove to his house to stock up but didn't know no one was home. The door was opened so I walked in expecting to see everyone there. There was no one and I was about to leave empty handed when I saw the lock box under his bed where he kept, stuff. I couldn't NOT celebrate I thought. I used to partake of the "stuff" allot in HS. So I opened it like my friend did one day when he ran out of "stuff". I didn't even enjoy it. I kept thinking about how much of scum bag I was.

...I then spent a month trying to find the right moment to make things right. So I broke into it again to pay him back. That was awful too, my friends brother was a light sleeper and I almost fainted / pissed myself correcting my error. That was really low of me, I stole from a REALLY good friends brother.

I can be careless, a hypocrite, a liar, a thief, jerk, scumbag, and a little nuts.

I don't feel better, but it is good to at least remember this feeling from time to time. Keeps me from doing such nonsense again.

EDIT:
I dont want to end it like this. Jesus.

I always give food or cash, which ever is handy, to people on the street. I dont care if it goes to drugs or alcohol and i will always feed you if you are hungry.

I have stopped when driving to help people every time. Car trouble, moving something what ever.

I have fought for people not able to defend themselves that I didnt know.

I have done many random acts of kindness.

I once went to get my car out of the marshal´s office tow garage and this dude was there almost crying. I paid for his car to get out. I am not rich by the way and at the time I was really strapped for cash, but I had it on me.

I once had two really drunk girls climb into my work van when I used to do deliveries in the city while gassing up. They wanted to party / S and F all night long. I instead talked some sense into them and drove them home. The one girl I talked to the most said I reminded her of her brother ( in a good way). They were younger than me(not illegal) just really immature and dumb. I lectured them with consideration and concern all the way to their house.
I hope they didnt get raped and kidnapped next weekend....REALLY DUMB.

I always offer my help if you ask. I actually have a secret rule where if I CAN help, I must. Its a sort of promise I made for something great to happen and it did, so I kind of owe the world on that one. Still though, I never rub it in or mention it again.

I like to listen and give good advice to people ( they say). I dont give advice as I see fit. I try and give advice I know will benefit them as per what they want. I am good at heart to hearts. I needed many in my time so I can give them pretty well now.

I try not to lie. I try and help where I can. I like to be the mysterious guy who swoops in, does something awesome for someone and leaves without anyone noticing. I think its because I always wanted to be a super hero as a kid. LOL..

edit on 29-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

I have heard a lot of men say they went to a prostitute once and never did it again. I find it very interesting.

Now, I should of made an exception.

I don't like to hurt anything. I feel guilty for killing bugs.

BUT, if you threaten my child, lord help you. I am the epitome of a grizzly mother.

Now that I think of it, I can't say 100% sure that I wouldn't do anything to give my kid an advantage.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I can not see the reason that I'd ever have to do this..

I'm amazing

Sometimes, I'm not as amazing as I should be

Poo in their garden and blame their dog

Saying somebody isnt eating enough healthy food, then a few hours later I devour two king size snickers, a £1.20 pack of Doritos's and half a tub of ben & jerrys.

If you came the conclusion that I'm a bit of a prick who thinks hes funny, you'd be on the right track.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Would you harm another kid? A kid just like your own, who has a mother just like you? Would you harm such a child, to give your own an advantage?

This is part of loving thy enemy. Knowing that, were the roles reversed, you wouldn't be so very different from him/her. Knowing that sometimes, it's easier to stand on the sidelines and talk than it is to actually play the game. Knowing this, and respecting your enemy for it. And most of all, grieving for what he/she could have been, and hoping for what they might still become.

Just wanted to throw that in here, for the benefit of all members.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

IN regards to the medicine cabinet, I am a very curios and nosey person. I just like to know. So my response would be, who wouldn't??

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That is a very valid question, and I have thought about it more than once. Thought provoking!

If push came to shove, though these situations are extremely rare, thank the gods, the other kid would go. But not being in that predictament, I can't say for sure.

What I can go by is minor situations. If a kid was bullying mine, you bet I put them in line.

I actually try to diplomatically handle situations. But I am not one of these mother's who won't tell other kids what to do, like is popular in my society these days. If the mother interferes, she will get an earful too.

I also LOVE educating parents. Not in a patronizing manner, but simply explaining things such as why behavior happens, and I do that for the benefit of the child.

Many American parents have been scared to interfere with another paren'ts kid, and usually respond by removing their child from the situation, I see an opportunity to get an education in, for both my kid and theirs.
Teh way I see it, it is doing all of society a favor.

I love all children, so if it came to a Titanic situation, I would be saving all chidlren first, screw the adults.

But if it came to my child and another in a life or death situation, it will have to be my child, though I would be devastated for the rest of my life. At least that is what I think would happen.

If I had a choice, I would probably sacrifice myself before either kid.

I only have one child. But the most horrifying thought in the world for me would be Sophie's choice. That is my biggest cringe.
edit on 29-12-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Fantastic responses everyone. Thank you for participating!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

If you fear what your child would choose, such fear reflects heavily on what you have taught that child. Usually, only dark lords are afraid of their spawn.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Ya know Nixie... I've tried answering this about a half dozen times and now I am left with the painful realization that I've led a very, very complicated life.

For example - just the answer to question #1 is:

Yes, but almost always with honest intentions. When I was younger I did liberate a pain pill, here and there, for recreational purposes. But, once an adult, I stopped. However, even then... I have had some pretty rowdy friends over the years - and a couple of fairly unstable ex's. Sadly, in my world, checking medicine cabinets as a means of trying to understand why a person is laying in the kitchen, drooling and laughing - isn't something that is alien to me at all.

And THAT is the condensed, G rated, easy to read version.

edit on 12/29/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I am not sure what you are referring too. What kind of choices?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join