It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian MP Gives A Very Scary Speech On America's Economic Future!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Guys, please do not listen to this fool. He is wrong and the vast majority of Canadians disagree with him.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You sir have ruined my day. Good day sir...

&

Umm, he's right. Can't argue with "simple basic principles that even American people know". We know what he is saying, but watching another country talk about our negligence is scary. S&F

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

When someone owes you money...it is not the person who owes you who is at risk but rather the person who lent the money.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is a very interesting conversation to follow - puts it into perspective a bit:

Oliver Stone to RT: ‘US has become an Orwellian state’

TextAmericans are living in an Orwellian state argue Academy Award-winning director Oliver Stone and historian Peter Kuznick, as they sit down with RT to discuss US foreign policy and the Obama administration’s disregard for the rule of law.

Both argue that Obama is a wolf in sheep’s clothing and that people have forgiven him a lot because of the “nightmare of the Bush presidency that preceded him.” “He has taken all the Bush changes he basically put them into the establishment, he has codified them,” Stone told RT. “It is an Orwellian state.

It might not be oppressive on the surface, but there is no place to hide. Some part of you is going to end up in the database somewhere.” According to Kuznick, American citizens live in a fish tank where their government intercepts more than 1.7 billion messages a day. “That is email, telephone calls, other forms of communication.”

I do think it extremely important what impression America is giving to the world - considering they have always believed that the rest of the world look up to them - how much respect are they losing and how rapidly opinions are changing.

TextOliver Stone: I think under the disguise of sheep’s clothing he has been a wolf. That because of the nightmare of the Bush presidency that preceded him, people forgave him a lot. He was a great hope for change.

The color of his skin, the upbringing, the internationalism, the globalism, seemed all evident. And he is an intelligent man. He has taken all the Bush changes he basically put them into the establishment, he has codified them. That is what is sad. So we are going into the second administration that is living outside the law and does not respect the law and foundations of our system and he is a constitutional lawyer, you know. Without the law, it is the law of the jungle.

Nuremburg existed for a reason and there was a reason to have trials, there is a reason for due process – ‘habeas corpus’ as they call it in the United States.

rt.com...

Many Americans don't like RT News because it gives the other side of the story and they don't like that. But even more are starting to wake up now and they're smelling the coffee!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gamma MO

This is a good way to look at it, and I have tried explaining it the same way. But the debt total is not 14.2 trillion its now 16.4 trillion and growing by 100 billion a month. So the example should be changed to say the household owes 164,000 and is going 1000 dollars further in debt every month. It should also state the credit card rate is at a teaser introductory low rate, and that it is going to be going way up within a year or so.

By the way every household actually owes more than 164,000 in debt. There is no way to pay it back. The debt will be defaulted, or our currency will be destroyed, either way we are royally screwed.

No politician in the US is daring to tell the truth about the situation we are in, and there is a simple reason why, there is no way to fix the problem other than to go through a major depression. Not sure the situation we find our self in has been intentionally created or not. It really doesn't matter at this point a depression is going to happen in Europe the US, Japan and probably China and soon. Everyone needs to do their best to prepare accordingly.
edit on 29-12-2012 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kimar

'Nuff said?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If you paid an accountant to look after your funds and that accountant what supposed to be the best in the world - then he did what the Government has done - what would you do?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Problem with gas is it is sooooo cheap now it costs more to get it out of the ground than you can sell it for so good luck with that
edit on 29-12-2012 by brice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This Canadian MP Pierre Poilievre belongs to The Canadian Conservative government who has indebted Canadian generations to the tune of billions of dollars. When this government took power it had a fiscal surplus in the billions now Pierre and his party has given Canadians the largest fiscal debt in Canadain history. The Conservatives spin a good tale but it is never true, BEWARE.................!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

a Canadian mp that cares about the people and the country now if that is not the worlds greatest joke ,please pick me up off of the floor.i live up here in the great white north and every mp MUST tow the PARTY LINE - the last 1 that did not got fired by his own party .
SO HERE ARE A FEW FACTS ABOUT CANADAS USLESS GOVERNMENT .
1] they have spent and borrowed so much cash that we are now the 9th most indebted country in this world we are even worse off than the u.s. is because own population is a lot less than theirs.
2]we still have about 20% of our people unemployed up here and never mind the lies they are feeding the world about how many new jobs they have created # 0 as all that they have is part time jobs and we still have factories going under up here .
3] they are talking about cutting services and and cutting back on things such as employment insurance ,welfare and the like
4] maybe they should surrender their gold plated pensions and receive the same amount as the working man as they are supposed to represent us not rape us with taxes.
5] they gave themselves a performance perk for what reason other than spending us into oblivion as it seems that all levels of our governments seem not to have any idea about money or finance . because they continue to borrow and it seems that all they are paying is the INTEREST as the debt continues to climb daily .
some one please help us or do we need a world wide revolution to take it back from them ,take a good look at your own countrys governments ,and it is all the same mess run by the fools .

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by gladtobehere

exactly, harpers determined course to turn canada into america and run off every cliff america does is dumbfounding.

canadians are in danger of not even knowing that canada is a sovereign nation.

why is this guy talking about american fiscal cliffs, while canadians are slowly being absorbed into the nwo order and the guys elected to look after their interests and to protect the nation as a whole are conspiring to undermine their sovereignty.

Canada a sovereign nation? Canada is a colony, it is not a country (sovereign nation). You might want to check your history, like the 1947 Letters Patent and exactly who the head of state of Canada actually is. Last time I checked, it was the queen through her puppet viceroy, the grovellor general. You do also realize that "prime minister" basically means "second in command."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by picratus
reply to post by SubTruth

some one please help us or do we need a world wide revolution to take it back from them ,take a good look at your own countrys governments ,and it is all the same mess run by the fools .

Sounds like a plan to me. Maybe we could start with treason charges for politicians? I mean seriously, I can't rationalize one thing they have done to make Canada any better. All they have actually done is line their own pockets. There's only one problem though with having these meat puppets charged, a corrupt system favours the corrupt. One thing I would disagree with is your extimate on unemployment, it's closer to 30% (without retired people). I would like to see the Bank of Canada dismantled and the govenors charged with treason, especially since the BOC is owned and operated by the IMF and Goldman Sachs. NOT the Canadian government.

If you want to take advantage of an existing situation, read the link in my signature below. Apparently you can invoice the CRA for tax compliance ;-) And if they give you grief, you can go to their boss, the BOC. And if they both give you grief, you can fire off an FOIA at them to find out what they have on you in their files. Imagine what would happen if every taxpayer, business and personal, sent invoices, complaint forms and FOIAs, the system would grind to a halt and it's allowed under law ;-)

The @sshat harper is having a fire sale btw, it's what anyone does when they destroy their own (or a country's) ability to make money, they start selling off assets and resources, it's more than obvious. Can you say bill C-36 and bill C-45, sure, knew ya could.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Politicians learned something from Obama. Great speeches lead to votes. People don't really pay much attention when your in office. It's easy to rally the troops then pull the wool over their eyes.

It's the troops fault though for looking the other way, don't blame the leaders.

I said this for a long time, politicians need to be held accountable in the highest regard. Promises should be kept and our voices must be heard or they are not in office, or worst they are in jail for treason.
edit on 30-12-2012 by TheCanuckian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
There's nothing that can be done about it. Just sit and wait and go on with my crap ball life I guess.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I thought the speech in the OP's first post was superficial. I'm no expert but the US is one of the most corrupt countries in the world and that had a considerable amount to do with the trouble everyone is in today. Deregulation of the banking industry gave free range to the foxes in the henhouse. If it weren't for many social services that this MP calls "entitlements" he and many of his colleagues would be running from the mobs in the streets.

I believe in capitalism, I believe in being prudent and working and saving. To the extent that is being done in Canada, I commend Canadians, but that is also being done in the US, by Americans, however when the game is rigged at the top and there is complete indifference to the well being of the nation as a whole and to the population as a whole and immunity from prosecution for the criminals at the top and a kind of "criminal consensus" around how the country is going to be run, you get what they have in the United States now, no matter who is captain of the ship..

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
.... and another thing. I've never heard of this guy and I wonder why this particular speech is getting noticed. To me, Pierre Polievre has "Bilderberger" written all over him.

Let me go out on a limb and make a very wild prediction. When the same bastards who wrecked North Africa and Iraq and are wrecking Syria get around to wrecking Canada, this guy will be Prime Minister.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thats the problem with America, we hear someone who can talk good and we throw our panties at them. This guy is a wolf in sheep clothing. I know because I got to canada a lot. I will you one thing canada has lots of entitlements, the last time I checked they had social healthcare and what they don't pay in income tax they makeup for it in sales tax. Ann he's not telling the whole truth about the banks and what is the truth "regulation"

edit on 30-12-2012 by PrinceOfEarth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Thank you OP!
I have never seen a conservative whine about debt before!

I would like to answer with the words of one of the great orators of our time.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
This image is also from Canada, it's an older one though.

EDIT: LOL teach me to see the OP's post. Derp.
edit on 30-12-2012 by Sachyriel because: derp

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join