It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skywriters "Pi in the Sky" work now being described online as showing "UFO" writing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Just a quick post so that members of ATS aren't mystified by the video below that is doing the rounds on Facebook, Youtube and elsewhere under the title "UFO MAKES WRITING APPEAR IN SKY 2012".

While the title of the video refers to a "UFO", in fact this video relates to a story that appeared on various news websites in September, including at:

news.cnet.com...

Many denizens of the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley noticed a long series of cloudy numbers in the skies around noon on Wednesday, September 12. No, their coffee wasn't spiked with hallucinogens.

The ephemeral event, known as Pi in the Sky, utilized five aircraft with dot-matrix skywriting technology to write out a thousand numbers of the beloved mathematical constant pi (3.14159..) at a 10,000-foot altitude. If that wasn't impressive enough, the numerals of pi written in the sky each stood nearly a quarter-mile tall, stretched for a 100-mile loop, and undoubtedly caused mass inspiration and confusion all at once.

A quick search on Flickr and YouTube reveals that many people found themselves confused by the numbers in the sky, with theories ranging from a phone number, chemtrails, secret code, and other conspiracy theories.

California artist Ishky collaborated with art and technology network Zero1 on the geeky endeavor, billed "as largest physical expression of pi ever created" and part of the 2012 Zero1 Biennial, a massive Bay Area event that celebrates the convergence of contemporary art and technology.

More information can be found on the official Facebook page for the occasion:
www.facebook.com...

and at:

www.zero1biennial.org...

ISHKY has brought together a team of artists, programmers and scientists to give life to a compelling vision that a community of millions will directly experience. At 10,000 feet altitude, a team of five synchronized aircraft equipped with dot-matrix technology will skywrite the first 1,000 numbers of Pi's infinite sequence. The aircraft will fly in a 100+ mile loop around the San Francisco Bay Area. Each number will measure over a quarter-mile in height. A sixth plane will fly above the writing team, documenting the entire process. ISHKY has also partnered with Stamen Design, a world-class creative firm specializing in data-visualization, to develop a platform for the public to document and share experiences of the event.

A video showing the numbers being written can be seen at:

I've seen the top video appear on two "UFO" Facebook pages this afternoon, so thought it worth attempting to nip this one in the bud...
edit on 29-12-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Clever idea to write like this in the sky.

Thanks for the heads up, although I'm sure we'll have a couple of stragglers offering amazing thread titles.

This is the kind of team (Pi in the sky) that may get hired by hollywood to promote some new sci-fi movie with a hoax to get tongues wagging...lol

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Thank-you for protecting the interests of the ATS collective Isaac.

It's comforting to know we have an experienced Captain at the helm.

OT: When are you going to be posting your next thread you made mention of (you said you would Don your new avatar for the occasion)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
It's comforting to know we have an experienced Captain at the helm.

Thanks for the kind words Sublimecraft, although I'm hardly at the helm of ATS!

OT: When are you going to be posting your next thread you made mention of (you said you would Don your new avatar for the occasion)

Sometime in the next few weeks. I'm still working on it. I want to get that thread right. (Although I'll probably post a thread in the next week or so which leads up to the more ambitious Collective thread).

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Very weird sh....
Unless its fake like 99.9% of the videos.

Good catch though, thanks OP

EDIT: What i meant by weird is that i cannot hear any airplanes whatsoever on the video.
I cannot believe they were doing that with airplanes, wouldn't the people on the ground be able to see the airplanes? i mean we can see 747s at 30k feet...
I'm not sold on the explanation.

Andro
edit on 29/12/2012 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andromerius

Very weird sh....
Unless its fake like 99.9% of the videos.

Good catch though, thanks OP

EDIT: What i meant by weird is that i cannot hear any airplanes whatsoever on the video.
I cannot believe they were doing that with airplanes, wouldn't the people on the ground be able to see the airplanes? i mean we can see 747s at 30k feet...
I'm not sold on the explanation.

Andro
edit on 29/12/2012 by Andromerius because: (no reason given)
737's are a lot larger than single engine aircraft.

I live under the approach path for a local airport that sees a lot of business jets and single engines and most of the time the single engines aren't that noticeable unless they practically buzz my house. And when they're flying at altitude they're just tiny little pin points in the sky... Hard to find

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

When they flew over my house there were 5 small planes in formation .

Looked exactly the same ... pretty cool though .

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Several of the Youtube pages for the videos at the links I gave above include comments from eyewitnesses that said that they were able to see the airplanes from the ground.

For example, comments on the video posted above posted by GregFernandezJr includes the following:

www.youtube.com...

GregFernandezJr 3 months ago
i understand. in this video you cannot see the planes because they are too far away, and they are black or blue in color. with my own eyes i could see them, but while i was driving i could not, nor could i while filming. with a better camera, perhaps it would have been caught.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
looks like TV is not enough... some day advertising will be everywhere
just wait for a technology to "write" thoughts in human brains...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Several of the Youtube pages for the videos at the links I gave above include comments from eyewitnesses that said that they were able to see the airplanes from the ground.

For example, comments on the video posted above posted by GregFernandezJr includes the following:

www.youtube.com...

GregFernandezJr 3 months ago
i understand. in this video you cannot see the planes because they are too far away, and they are black or blue in color. with my own eyes i could see them, but while i was driving i could not, nor could i while filming. with a better camera, perhaps it would have been caught.

Yep, sorry i took my time reading through, i've even found some extra photos with other stuff writen by the skyrwrites...

Kudus

Thanks Isaac

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Nice find. Atleast this gets put to bed before a thread breaks loose.

Hoax or not the bloke in the vid just aint feelin' that.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Pretty awesome use of technology. They must have pretty optimal weather conditions as the numbers seem to remain pretty intact for quite a long time. I would think that these guys would put the "airplane sign draggers" out of business pretty quick.

I'm surprised that no one has yet said, "HAARP" "Bluebeam" "false flag" and any of the other tags that get added to such events.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
9\]reply to post by bluestreak53

Give it time. Someone will. The title on one of the videos includes "chemtrail", so they are out there.
Too cool they used pi......I love the oddity of that number. And most people don't even know about most of it's being; it is taught in schools mostly as a way to figure geometry. It is truly amazing.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53
I'm surprised that no one has yet said, "HAARP" "Bluebeam" "false flag" and any of the other tags that get added to such events.

See the queries posted by LordDecrepido along with his video of this project at:
www.youtube.com...

IS THIS PROJECT BLUE BEAM? BRAINWASHING NEW WORLD ORDER FOR IPHONE5? OR POLITICAL DISTRACTION?

and in the comments at this link:

chemtrail.tv...

hardflipspb on December 21, 2012 at 12:51 am said:
this is BlueBeam project guys.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

for the sake of ats can we get some local confirmation on the event? i would hate for this to be just another media cover up operation

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yeah - and why would UFOs (and by UFOs, I assume they are supposing aliens) use skytyping to send the people of the world a message? Wouldn't they just embed the message into our brains?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Why is this in the Aliens & UFO's forum?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
Why is this in the Aliens & UFO's forum?

Because, as I said in the OP (and the title of this thread), the relevant video is being posted on various webpages as a "UFO" video.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If you watch the video again, you will see at 3:11 seconds into the video, there is a round UFO "swirling" by close to the numbers. I think its UFO's doing this. Also from what i can see, this UFO looks like the same UFO's that were "taking off from the moon" that another person posted on here and you tube awhile back.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

That doesn't make this the appropriate forum.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join