It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun sales SKYROCKET! Unprecedented demand.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Then you have those psychopaths who will go out of their way to disarm your spidey sense defenses (ie, Ted Bundy, the serial killer who drove a vw bug and had a fake broken leg and walked with a cane). I think that the gun grabbers who were telling us that we had a 2nd amendment and that they were not coming for citizens' guns just took off the fake cast and thru down the cane prop.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Cheaoer than dirt,,,,more like paydirt. I bet they had those on special for $13 over the last year. It is price gouging to ask more than $30 to 45 but it is a free market (supply and demand).

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The NRA's propaganda campaign has worked again. Their marketing strategy is genius. Convince a bunch of paranoid right wingers that the government is trying to take away your guns.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
The NRA's propaganda campaign has worked again. Their marketing strategy is genius. Convince a bunch of paranoid right wingers that the government is trying to take away your guns.

As a gun affectianado, the NRA didn't have to sell anything to me All this has done was irritate the anti-freedom crowd even more.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I just wanted to drop by and add some. After checking the classified site I frequent for firearms in the Midwest, I'm flabbergasted. I found an ad up there for $450 for 13 AR-15 std 30rd magazines. Nothing special... Press metal box and 2 bags of brass. Looked like maybe 500 brass total by my eye. JUST that. What the heck has gotten into people?! (and why the HECK did I sell my AR-15 and 25 magazines last year?!??! ...I sold those mags at 15 a piece
)

Another ad had a DPMS AR-15, standard with nothing fancy. Basically just your garden variety gun show table special. $1,600.
I'm not exaggerating to say a few years ago, the local gun show here literally had full size trash cans full of Olympic and DPMS AR-15's, barrel down to stack as many as possible that way without scratching...and a big "Any one $500" above them.

Obama has become the single best Firearms sales person in U.S. History. Bar NONE. The stories I read elsewhere said 12 MONTH backlogs are already reported!! It took months in 2008 to hit backlogs and then I'm not sure it was ever 12 month. The companies that make these things have no reason to play around either... Demand is just THAT high.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Even with a gun in my hand, am I really free in America?

I can't board a plane unless I allow a stranger to look at my naked body or, touch my body.

Just a thought... and to clarify, I'm not anti gun ... I'm pro responsible gun ownership.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

The NRA didn't have to say anything. Last I checked, the President of the United States has said that he wants an assault weapons ban. Not only that, but you have the media and a few in Congress arguing for confiscation as an option. As a matter of fact, this gun buying frenzy had been ongoing for about a week before the NRA even said *anything*.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
Even with a gun in my hand, am I really free in America?

I can't board a plane unless I allow a stranger to look at my naked body or, touch my body.

Just a thought... and to clarify, I'm not anti gun ... I'm pro responsible gun ownership.

What does it mean to be free within a civilised SOCIETY?

It means that you will be free to do as you wish, BUT bounded by agreed upon laws legislated by your elected representative in govt representing the entire society, a level playing field for ALL to co-exist in peace and safety. Those who break those laws within the society will be punished accordingly, so that such peace will not be disrupted.

However, if your perception of being 'free' means to do as you wish WITHOUT being responsible to anyone or society, to roam freely the planet, live off the planet, etc..then you will face 7 BILLION other humans who want such freedom. WIthout civilised rule of law or any form of agreement, you are just another competitor in their field or area of advance.

Such form of living will not ensure you will be free, and not even the concept. It only ensures that either you die or they die for standing in each other's way.

Thus, civilised society by rule of law is the only way for a human who seek for freedom. Freedom is a power and with power comes responsibilities - responsible freedom to oneself and to others as well to share our world.

Guns do not make us free. It only PROTECTS us from those whom are uncivilised and refused to accept society's rule of laws. Without guns, you will still not be free. You will just be dead.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by drneville
Buy all the guns you want, then a ban is ordered and you can all turn them in (3 month period) and no pay...
I've seen it happen here in belgium with hunting rifles...
Then a few months later several high ranking officers are caught keeping the finest ones for themself

Go figure

You don't understand the culture here.
The next thing you will hear about is the rash of break-ins and theft of the registered weapons.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Of course gun sales have sored, People are idiots and can be made to do just about anything with a little fear mongering. The NRA knows how to work sheep and they do a good job of it. Every single person who is dumb enough to think that the guberment is gonna take my guns just needs somebody on the interent to tell them its time to buy some more and they do. You call it freedom I call it sheep.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Of course gun sales have sored,

Almost on pace with the anti-gun rhetoric coming out of the fear factory media.

People are idiots and can be made to do just about anything with a little fear mongering.

Indeed - even disregard common sense and logic regarding gun violence. The man who killed the kids at that school broke more than 30 laws. What is making more laws going to do to prevent a similarly inclined person do to stop them? Do you think he cared about the law when he was headed to kill those people?

Pro-tip criminals don't care about the law.

The NRA knows how to work sheep and they do a good job of it.

As does the Obama machine and his lapdog media....

Originally posted by MrSpadEvery single person who is dumb enough to think that the guberment is gonna take my guns just needs somebody on the interent to tell them its time to buy some more and they do.

Everyone who is stupid enough to think that an inanimate object is the reason for a crime just needs someone on the internet to get them riled or scared enough to beg for a ban on that object.

You call it freedom I call it sheep.

Indeed... Baaaaa Guns are scary Baaaaa....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join