It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun sales SKYROCKET! Unprecedented demand.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Fearful of ban, frenzied buyers swarm gun stores.

Demand for firearms, ammunition and bulletproof gear has surged since the Dec. 14 tragedy in Newtown, Conn.

Assault rifles are sold out across the country.

Store owners who have been in the business for years say they have never seen demand like this before.

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation, which handles background checks for the state, can't keep up with the number of requests it is getting.

"I've done more sales in the week after the 19th than I have the whole year," says Zimmerman, who launched SelwayArmory.com in 2009.

"That's how I found out about the tragedy. I saw the sales rise and then turned on CNN," says Elmar Uy, vice president of business operations at the Billerica, Mass., company.

"I've never seen numbers like this before," says Uy.

WOW.

Freedom is alive and well in the U S of A.

People are spending which is great for the economy.

Job creation. Theyre having to hire people to keep up with demand.

Apparently December 19th was "D-Day". It was on the 19th when Obama said that hes setting up a team to propose new gun confiscation measures.

Since then, freedom has taken off!

edit on 29-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Supply (or the fear of a shortage of a commodity) creates its own demand. They are not well schooled in economics...but then the agenda is not concerned with the price of guns merely the availability (supply) of them.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Fear is a powerful thing eh?

Living in fear is not freedom, freedom is not feeling the need to own a gun or words on a piece of paper.

Freedom is not needing either of those.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
These before and after photos are happening all over the country:

before and after

Frenzy photos

It's a combination of people fearing a ban and retailers holding stock until the last minute to get the highest markup they can.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
US Senator Diane Feinstein in 1995. This is the piece of feces from California that wants to remove your weapons.
Seems it’s okay for her to worry about her own safety, but you can’t worry about yours.
Less than a 2 minute video.

www.youtube.com...

By the way, did you know that Obama’s daughter’s school has 11 full time armed guards? This DOES NOT include secret service. These guards were there BEFORE Obama’s daughters attended.
godfatherpolitics.com...

Did you also know that David Gregory of “meet the press” on NBC also has a daughter attending the school? This piece of feces mocked the head of the NRA for proposing armed guards at schools.
townhall.com... l-with-11-armed-guards-n1474345

Their hypocrisy is breath taking!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pooche

All animals are created equal. Some are just more equal.

Napoleon is sending his dogs through the farm.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yeah, I went to our local gun store the other day, it's been slam packed since the 14th. It looked like it does when you go to a store to buy supplies before a hurricane, all of the good stuff was sold out. Usually they have a rack dedicated to semi autos, and it was SOLD OUT.

all they had were .22 caliber replica AR-15's and mainly pistols.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Freedom is having the option to buy or not by a firearm.

Freedom is having the option to say or not say, to listen or not listen to someone.

Freedom is having the option to vote, or not vote, as you see fit.

Freedom is having the option to have or not have medical insurance.

Freedom is having the option to drink or not; to smoke, or not; to eat or not; to work, or not; to sing, dream, dance, live, love, laugh, smile, frown, sleep, or not.

As you see fit.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pooche
Their hypocrisy is breath taking!!!

No it isn't - it's standard operating procedure. It's been on full display for decades for anyone willing to pay attention. What IS breath taking, is the ability of masses to casually ignore this hypocrisy and actually put stock into what these people have to say. THAT is breath taking!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If i owned a gun factory i'd be sending weekly emails off to everyone telling them that the government 'maybe' considering restricting your right to buy and sit back and get the fat cuban cigars out along with the best champagne and enjoy the money just come rolling in

So lets load up a few AK's and cheer on good old barak the founder of the feast so to speak

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
The demand for firearms right now is just insane! I have witnessed AR15 rifles that were selling a few weeks ago for $700 now selling for $2000+. Accessories such as PMAG's and Beta C mags have tripled in price and sometimes even more. The thing that just amazes me is that people are willing to pay these crazy prices.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
If i owned a gun factory i'd be sending weekly emails off to everyone telling them that the government 'maybe' considering restricting your right to buy and sit back and get the fat cuban cigars out along with the best champagne and enjoy the money just come rolling in

So lets load up a few AK's and cheer on good old barak the founder of the feast so to speak

If you owned a gun factory right now you wouldn't have time to do anything because the demand is so high that you would be waist deep in orders that you could not fill in a timely manner. There are sites right now that have closed their ordering departments because the demand is so high that they cannot keep up and already have a backlog of over 2 months.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

the will of the people is speaking through their commerce. People are voting AGAINST a gun ban with their wallets. I am not surprised in the least. This is EXACTLY what I expected to happen the second these vapid politicians opened their mouths regarding bans. The liberals, in the sad and tired attempt to restrict guns, have accomplished the exact opposite. In fact, they have succeeded in placing over 13.5 million NEW assault weapons into the hands of private owners over the last 2 weeks.

Nicely done liberals, nicely done!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

The thing that just amazes me is that people are willing to pay these crazy prices.

Theyre nuts.

Mags and parts can still be had at pre-gouging prices. You'll just have to wait a few weeks for delivery.

There's no reason for this sort of panic. Not until something passes the Senate anyway. Then panic is justified.

Over on arfcom I'm seeing people pay $40-$60 for PMAGS when Magpul has said their production is going as normal and shipments are going as normal.

Preorder some mags at $12 and wait a few weeks like a sane human being or pay four times as much to get them right now.

It's insane.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Yeah, Magpul has issued a notice stating recently they will only be focusing on manufacturing black PMAGs for the time being. No orders for other colors are being accepted at this time. I did place a back order for some already. Ruger is also accepting back orders and they are promising they will be filled.

I am waiting to see what happens if no bill is passed. Will the secondary market remain flooded with overpriced goods, or will the prices plummet due to a serious lack of demand?
edit on 12/29/2012 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Theres nothing in the second amendment that covers logic or basic common sense when it comes to purchasing

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Looks like the second amendment is alive and well in the hearts of many Americans.

So is the law of supply and demand...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Thats crazy.

That one place said its selling 1,000 a day, WTH!? How do they even restock that?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

No doubt there is some level of fear mongering from those that sell store-able food, guns, silver etc. Although I cant really blame them based on the reality of the situation: FEMA camps, indefinite imprisonment, citizen kill lists, warrantless spying etc.

We all know the government keeps tabs on the people. Havent heard much on gun confiscations since the 19th. Is it possible they're keeping quiet, realizing that every time they speak, gun sales spike?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm glad I stocked up a while ago on ammo and I have almost enough guns. But it looks like i should sit on all my ammo instead of taking my monthly trip to the shooting range. Look for deals in the classifieds if your state allows private sales of firearms. backpage.com has the best classifieds under sports equipment for shooters and preppers. Ammo might be the same as in store prices, but you don't pay any tax. Also armslist.com is a good place to find deals.
edit on 12/29/1212 by 1MrMarc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join