It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOW CAN WE WIN? Humanity is lost. IT is up to us!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Forgive me for being presumptuous...but I think this needs to be re-THUNK!

I know some of you have heard this speech. I'm wondering if you've really HEARD it...
This was from the 1940's...HOW...how can this STILL pertain to us now...humanity has not grown..humanity has not moved forward.

How can we win, when fools can be king.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an Emperor, that's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that. We all want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.

The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way.

Greed has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.

We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in;
machinery that gives abundance has left us in want.
Our knowledge has made us cynical,
our cleverness hard and unkind.
We think too much and feel too little.
More than machinery we need humanity,
more than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness.

Without these qualities life will be violent and all will be lost.

The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these inventions cries out for the goodness in men, cries out for universal brotherhood for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me I say: do not despair.

The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass and dictators will die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people and so long as men die liberty will never perish.

Soldiers: don't give yourselves to brutes, men who despise you and enslave you, who regiment your lives, tell you what to do, what to think and what to feel, who drill you, diet you, treat you as cattle, as cannon fodder!

Don't give yourselves to these unnatural men,
machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts.
You are not machines!
You are not cattle!
You are men!!
You have the love of humanity in your hearts.
You don't hate, only the unloved hate.
The unloved and the unnatural.
Soldiers: don't fight for slavery, fight for liberty!

In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written:
- "The kingdom of God is within man."
Not one man, nor a group of men, but in all men: in you!

You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.
Then, in the name of democracy, let us use that power, let us all unite!
Let us fight for a new world, a decent world that will give men a chance to work, that will give you the future and old age and security.
By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power, but they lie. They do not fulfil their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people.
Now let us fight to fulfil that promise. Let us fight to free the world, to do away with national barriers, to do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world of reason, a world where science and progress will lead to all men's happiness.

Soldiers! In the name of democracy: let us all unite!

Charlie Chaplin~ The Great Dictator

It is up to each one of us...WE are resonsible..don't you see it!

I want to shake you and MAKE you see..sighs..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Only watched this the other day here is his speech on vid for you.

So so true S&F

Great actor and a great speech, If only people listened and understood.
edit on 29-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Only watched this the other day here is his speech on vid for you.

So so true S&F

Ty, hon..yes..that IS the video
..how strange that mankind has NEVER adhered to this! Sadly

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

yeah, its bloody tragic. We've been given exactly what we need, enough food, water, warmth, and love for every man, woman and child on the planet, yet the greedy hoard. And we are part of the problem. It takes a brave man to fight against this world.
How are you by the way, havnt seen you on the site for a while.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
with all due respect to you poster...i'm doing fine, the blue pill works for me at my ripe age of 60. i've marched in rallys against the vietnam war, even got clubbed once. you go change the world

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Wonderful,wonderful thread,thank you for posting this.Your avatar is adorable :-) btw,love that pic.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

yeah, its bloody tragic. We've been given exactly what we need, enough food, water, warmth, and love for every man, woman and child on the planet, yet the greedy hoard. And we are part of the problem. It takes a brave man to fight against this world.
How are you by the way, havnt seen you on the site for a while.

MY GOD!!! It's so good to meet someone who has spoken my exact words!

This world gives us EVERY single thing we need.

Humanity IS the problem..we have never changed...never..and there doesnt seem to be an end to our thirst for wars..and greed...

All I can say is..I give you a giant hug..and will be your sister in this world..I don't even know where to go from here.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
with all due respect to you poster...i'm doing fine, the blue pill works for me at my ripe age of 60. i've marched in rallys against the vietnam war, even got clubbed once. you go change the world

Sweetheart..I KNOW..how you feel..im only 50..*coughs*..but Ive stood up for what I believe for years..and yes..im finally hoping it trickles down to my sons...the only thing is..NO one is catching on...at least where it matters....tptb...of course..to them..we are peons, anyway...

Look people...we only have ONE earth...where will you go, after that? Trips to mars..have fun.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
Wonderful,wonderful thread,thank you for posting this.Your avatar is adorable :-) btw,love that pic.

Thanks sweety..its actually me..but just so you dont see the wrinkles..and fur

edit on 29-12-2012 by Yummy Freelunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Great post. Even though this theme has been beaten to death here on ATS, it's difficult to see any solution in progress. We seem to be drowning in issues andthe fixes just create more problems. The corporations own our souls not by force but because we let them.

Was just talking about this issue yesterday with a close friend. We agreed that if masses of people could bring themselves to use thier power as consumers, then we could manage some degree of change. Mass boycotts on goods and services provided by corporations would force them to at least discuss changes in thier board meetings.

But sadly, getting large masses of people to boycott even one product or service seems unlikely and by the time it gets bad enough for people to rise up, it's too late. By that time things will be so bad that fixing them will be very very painful.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Just watched the dcumentary "Four Horsemen" (see the trailer: Four Horsemen)

Very well done and reputable people are in it. One of the shocking things I learned from it is that the issues we are dealing with in terms of greed and imbalance, were understood and identified by both corporations (namely Royal Dutch Shell) and our government. They forcasted that by 2075 we will have worked out how to deal with it but... there were two paths. A very very painful and destructive path (due to the inability to get everyone on board), and a less painful path that is based on cooperation. Sadly, up to this point we are going down that painful path.

In retrospect I can see where at times, some of those in our society have tried to lead us down the easy path. Corporate interests and talking heads tend to trash those people using fear and for the most part we let the opportunities to make positive change pass us by.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well, every one of us has the power to change ourselves and the world around us for the better for sure, with the potential for rippling peace across the globe.

Society puts a lot of illusionary limits on the individual that the individual must break free from. I've done it already, I know I can do whatever I want to. That part's easy -

Next, I had to learn how to use this power in such a way that it benefited me and those around me (this is the hard part, but if you can do whatever you want and act stupid, you will make your life worse). Finally, I can teach those around me. The best way to do this is by example Soon, people will be drawn to you, then more people, then even more. If you really want to make a difference, you need to understand how to set a positive example for them and be perceptive of times when settling a dispute or sharing wisdom is needed.

I'm just laying a road map for anyone interested.
edit on 29-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard

Great post. Even though this theme has been beaten to death here on ATS, it's difficult to see any solution in progress. We seem to be drowning in issues andthe fixes just create more problems. The corporations own our souls not by force but because we let them.

Was just talking about this issue yesterday with a close friend. We agreed that if masses of people could bring themselves to use thier power as consumers, then we could manage some degree of change. Mass boycotts on goods and services provided by corporations would force them to at least discuss changes in thier board meetings.

But sadly, getting large masses of people to boycott even one product or service seems unlikely and by the time it gets bad enough for people to rise up, it's too late. By that time things will be so bad that fixing them will be very very painful.

I know it's been beaten to death..so has EVERY other topic under the sun...INCLUDING the sun...

Look..this was spoke about in the 40's...and it still fits today..in fact, MORE so, today..

You tell me!!! What fix have you?

You think we should just forget about it, because it's been BEATEN TO DEATH ON THIS SITE????

Well..Im all ears...but I have to tell you..I am not one to go down without a fight..even if it means nothing.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Well, every one of us has the power to change ourselves and the world around us for the better for sure, with the potential for rippling peace across the globe.

Society puts a lot of illusionary limits on the individual that the individual must break free from. I've done it already, I know I can do whatever I want to. That part's easy -

Next, I had to learn how to use this power in such a way that it benefited me and those around me (this is the hard part, but if you can do whatever you want and act stupid, you will make your life worse). Finally, I can teach those around me. The best way to do this is by example Soon, people will be drawn to you, then more people, then even more. If you really want to make a difference, you need to understand how to set a positive example for them and be perceptive of times when settling a dispute or sharing wisdom is needed.

I'm just laying a road map for anyone interested.
edit on 29-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

You are very wise, grasshopper

Really..you are..and only YOU can make a difference in this word.

I think we are told that, so we dont become overwhelmed worrying about what everyone else is doing.

You are right, though..if we each do our part.. eventually it can make a difference...

Im not holding my breath..tptb need some KARMA recalls..

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I think there would have to be a massive worldwide upheavel for the human race as a whole, to change. I dont know about anyone else, but sometimes i look at the people of this planet, and dont feel like one of them. I was watching the news on boxing day, and watching massive hoards of people clambering for bargains in the sale. Handbags, computers etc, I dont understand this mentality. We are more than this.
Btw the way Yummy, your avatar is cute, but your last avatar was epic!!!

Just to add, you must feel glad that some of your beliefs have got to your children, my eldest has no interest in this sort of thing, but my youngest whose 13 is lapping it up. I trickle little bits of information to here all the time, she explained in her physics class last month, how space was actually fabric and could be manipulated, i think the teacher was blown away.
edit on 29-12-2012 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Sorry if I came off that way. I am completely on your side. This topic needs to be beaten to death. Not here to argue with you. Just frustrated as it seems the message isnt being heard.

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I think there would have to be a massive worldwide upheavel for the human race as a whole, to change. I dont know about anyone else, but sometimes i look at the people of this planet, and dont feel like one of them. I was watching the news on boxing day, and watching massive hoards of people clambering for bargains in the sale. Handbags, computers etc, I dont understand this mentality. We are more than this.

Thank you, for your kind words
..you seem like a very "golden" person..dont ever lose that

Yes..I feel like you..seeing this speech from so many years ago, confirms it..Some of us, just DONT belong.

I sometimes wonder..WHO keeps all of this going..and why.

Do they ever think that some of us will wise up..or do they count on the masses being like those hoards you speak of?

Anyway..ty so much for your input..Ive stayed up waaay past my bedtime..so I will retire for now..but I really appreciate you taking your time to post..bless you!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

And that massive upheaval will happen when the reality hits that people cant have the things they need/want. Stalin had a quote something to the effect that as long as you give the people something, they will stay in thier place. If you take everything then they will revolt.
edit on 29-12-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Sorry if I came off that way. I am completely on your side. This topic needs to be beaten to death. Not here to argue with you. Just frustrated as it seems the message isnt being heard.

Peace

No..no..im just crabby..lol..forgive me..I didnt mean to bite your head off..and you're right..it DOES need to be beaten to death..I sure didnt make it up..and Im sure I wont be the last..so lets all be hippies and keep it going..YAY>>PEACE LOVE and BOBBY SHERMAN!

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

And that massive upheaval will happen when the reality hits that people cant have the things they need/want. Stalin had a quote something to the effect that as long as you give the people something, they will stay in thier place. If you take everything then they will revolt.
edit on 29-12-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

Well said, well said..and that's another thing people need to realize..we are just being placated..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join