It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Martian Flower"! Curiosity Sol 132!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raffaele

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by DoorKnobEddie
reply to post by Arken

I believe NASA will be contacting you to discuss your observation skills and how to best deploy your talents

edit on 5-1-2013 by DoorKnobEddie because: (no reason given)

I don't think so....

But if so... I will pretend from NASA/JPL boffins to plan a massive research in HELLAS BASIN!

Then Big News!
edit on 5-1-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

...I don't think so too...

Right. More plausible that NASA contact me to know my adress and send at my home an assassins squad.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
...don't worry...I run greater risks. I've even bothered M. Meyer....

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
SnF Arken for the interesting find.
1 has to wonder why the soil below these "flowers" isn't being tested if in fact that's actual soil growing these.

It's not soil, it's in a rock, just look at the whole photo.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
[

its an alien caterpillar slug thing!

sorry i am getting carried away again, but thats what it reminded me of, i would say an obscure rock formation just like the others that looked like a rat and the other that looked like an ape lol
edit on 5-1-2013 by SkuzzleButt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Looking at what is said by a few trusted people who are experts in geology and paleontology I will agree with them and stick with a it being a clast. Certainly not a flower for sure.

clast
[klast] Show IPA

noun
a grain of sediment, silt, sand, gravel, etc., especially as a constituent fragment of a clastic rock formation, as distinguished from a chemical or biogenic component of such a formation.

dictionary.reference.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

This clast would be polished by wind blown sediments or even from acient waters or ice. It is likely a bit brighter due to lighting because if you notice there is more just to the upper right corner of the red box (in the link below), just not as shiny.

news.yahoo.com...

Raist
edit on 1/5/13 by Raist because: forgot to add link

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It is a crystallized rock formation protruding from the overall rock conglomeration The wind on mars could have smoothed out or even some kind of liquid.

You can see similar points sticking up but none of them are as large and clear as this one.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Arken, without any doubt your thread on ATS follows my first posting on Forumastronautico.it (www.forumastronautico.it...) of eight days and my “post” on unmannedspaceflight of seven.

Maybe you've read my “post” on unmannedspaceflight:

last night I've spent some time examining pictures from the MALHI instrument. Looking at picture 0132MH0163000010R0_DXXX from Sol 132 I focused my attention over a small particular, which stands from the rest. It's some kind of shell-shaped translucent material emerging from the matrix of a (supposed) conglomerate strata. I'd be interested in your opinions on its nature

and you posted here similar contents later.

Not a problem, but well...it would certainly be right and proper to modify the starting thread clearly indicating Forumastronautico.it as the place where firstly that detail has been examinated in depth.

I've already given notice to yahoo news to correct the article that's reporting ATS as the original source of that news. In these cases the priority goes to the source the published first, that is Forumastronautico.it.

No hard feelings.

Raffaele

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

This thread and the OP's comment is being reported on Yahoo news.

Peoples, mind your Ps and Qs. We are being watched by MSN.

news.yahoo.com...

It seems some members are news makers.

This means NOTHING. It just means that their news people do the same thing people here do, find something elsewhere and post it on their site for a story.

Also this member is notorious whether anyone wants to admit it or not for posting sensational titles esp when it comes to Mars anomalies. It is always something way out there to this member, it doesn't make them an expert.

I miss the days of logic and when people didn't care so much about stars, flags and status.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raffaele
Arken, without any doubt your thread on ATS follows my first posting on Forumastronautico.it (www.forumastronautico.it...) of eight days and my “post” on unmannedspaceflight of seven.

Maybe you've read my “post” on unmannedspaceflight:

last night I've spent some time examining pictures from the MALHI instrument. Looking at picture 0132MH0163000010R0_DXXX from Sol 132 I focused my attention over a small particular, which stands from the rest. It's some kind of shell-shaped translucent material emerging from the matrix of a (supposed) conglomerate strata. I'd be interested in your opinions on its nature

and you posted here similar contents later.

Not a problem, but well...it would certainly be right and proper to modify the starting thread clearly indicating Forumastronautico.it as the place where firstly that detail has been examinated in depth.

I've already given notice to yahoo news to correct the article that's reporting ATS as the original source of that news. In these cases the priority goes to the source the published first, that is Forumastronautico.it.

No hard feelings.

Raffaele

So you and the other are referring this "object" as a shell,which to me is what it looks like.
But there are other anomalies in other pictures showing the white material in sort of "veins".

It almost seems that those scales are kept fixed to the shell by means of a matrix below (in land-shells is the ostracum) 6 - the appearance of the upper part seems to indicate continuity between the part that shows little of the rock and the well exposed (where are the 3 flakes), giving the overall appearance of an oval shape would add that the reflectance of the object (which stands out clearly than the surrounding rock) is pearly rather than glassy, as would be the case of a grain of quartz worked by the wind. Guys, in the past I have seen hundreds of rock samples with shell inside ... if that was not shell would stay stunned by the incredible coincidence that allowed random factors to create something so similar to a shell. We would play the reputation that is shell. In any case, the problem does not arise.

www.forumastronautico.it...
edit on 5-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

This thread and the OP's comment is being reported on Yahoo news.

Peoples, mind your Ps and Qs. We are being watched by MSN.

news.yahoo.com...

It seems some members are news makers.

This means NOTHING. It just means that their news people do the same thing people here do, find something elsewhere and post it on their site for a story.

Also this member is notorious whether anyone wants to admit it or not for posting sensational titles esp when it comes to Mars anomalies. It is always something way out there to this member, it doesn't make them an expert.

I miss the days of logic and when people didn't care so much about stars, flags and status.

The bolding is mine. I could not agree more. I actually kind of shook my head that a "news" article linked to ATS, the problem is ATS is an information/opinion board. It shows nothing but the fact that no one is doing any real investigation or reporting any more. It is simple vomiting up what someone else is saying. People can flame all they want it is true. This is true with a number of things reporters anymore do not try to get people information.

Well, whatever I guess it is what it is, the world is getting lazier day by day.

Raist

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wow I can't believe I got linked here because of yahoo, congrats

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It looks to me like there's more of this crystal-like smooth rock underneath the surrounding hardened dark dust coating... If you look to the top right of the photo, you can see the same shimmer on the top of another raised surface bump formation.

I'll bet you if the rover scraped away at the crusty surface it would find a whole section of this smooth crystal formation underneath.

Mars is a hard surfaced planet like ours, so it wouldn't be surprising if we found out it probably has similar rock types. But the neverending dust storms have more than likely formed a hardened coating on top of everything ?

Just my $.02

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Looks nothing like a flower to me.

Misleading title.

Looks like an opal. You know, a rock?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by seamus
reply to post by Arken

Looks nothing like a flower to me.

Misleading title.

Looks like an opal. You know, a rock?

The word "Martian Flower" in the title it is only a speculation on this ANOMALY.

It can be an opal, like you say, or a crystal, like other members said, a kind of mineral or "something eso-biological".....

The worst thing is that NASA/JPL and their ultra-super sophisticate billion dollar Rover Curiosity, still hasn't analyzed or detected this anomaly right in front its nose!
edit on 6-1-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Raffaele

Sorry, but I don't know your website.
However interesting.

But it is interesting notice also, that different people, an humble member with no skills at all like me, (just courious
) and a amateur astronomer (but not professional) like you with more skills in this field, we have detected the same strange "anomaly".

The worst thing is that the Official Institutions, NASA/JPL, hasn't detected this anomaly under their nose, and has said NOTHING about this!

I wander: Did they found other anomalies and censored to the public?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

However interesting.

But it is interesting notice also, that different people, an humble member with no skills at all like me, (just courious
) and a amateur astronomer (but not professional) like you with more skills in this field, we have detected the same strange "anomaly".

The worst thing is that the Official Institutions, NASA/JPL, hasn't detected this anomaly under their nose, and has said NOTHING about this!

I wander: Did they found other anomalies and censored to the public?

...I think so too.
Well I'm not astronomer...I'm a geologist with a long experience in rock analysis and paleontology of invertebrates.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by seamus

Saying "Martian flower" in the title is probably what has gotten this thread MSM coverage, it's a combination of two words that mix alien and beauty in just the right proportion to elicit response. Using those words, especially in quotes so as not to make ATS look batty, is the sign of a good writer.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
So you and the other are referring this "object" as a shell,which to me is what it looks like.
But there are other anomalies in other pictures showing the white material in sort of "veins".

...but that object it's not similar to a vein.
We can't say that the object IS a shell untill you keep it in your hands....but we can say that the object is so similar to a shell that the probability it may be - taking into account of all the factors...geomorphology...lithology...morphology of that specimen - is greater than 0.

What is the probability requested by NASA to revert the course of Curiosity ? NASA has spent 2.5 billions travelling 70 M kilometers to not investigate a possible martian shell 17 meters away ? It's absurd...

Raffaele

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

However interesting.

...but probably you know unmannedspaceflight...........

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The worst thing is that NASA/JPL and their ultra-super sophisticate billion dollar Rover Curiosity, still hasn't analyzed or detected this anomaly right in front its nose!

We don't know if they detected it and didn't consider it worthy of being analysed, but I am sure they detected it, do you think they don't have anyone looking at the photos?
edit on 6/1/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join