Problem with quantum world and our bodies

page: 1
2

log in

join

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It is pretty much a lock that our bodies are made of the pure energy from the quantum world - waves and particles.

But, those waves and particles seem to exist without having to be replenished in some way. A diamond is also made of this stuff and can last forever. Yet, we need to eat and breathe in order to keep existing. Why is that? Do our waves and particles die? Starve? I dunno.




posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Because our waves and particles make up organic material that require biological functions to sustain.

And about every ten years or so all of our particles have been replaced in the form of new cells.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 


we consume energy as we just "be", as we think, move....
this has nothing to do with quantum theory... I emphasize on word THEORY as it comes from mathematics



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
So you're complaining that you can have a greasy mouthwatering cheeseburger with bacon and a side of crispy fries and an ice cold pop to wash it down with to replenish your "energy waves".

Seems like a good trade off.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 


Don't atoms decay?

The only thing that disappears and ends when we die is our life. The atoms we were made of remain. So maybe it is because the individualized unit of universal consciousness was never supposed to be individualized forever. Maybe this has to do with the necessary balance of birth and death rates.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
So you're complaining that you can have a greasy mouthwatering cheeseburger with bacon and a side of crispy fries and an ice cold pop to wash it down with to replenish your "energy waves".

Seems like a good trade off.


AHHH! Now you've made me hungry for a double-quantum burger and french photons!



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by jiggerj
 


Don't atoms decay?



GOOOD question! I never thought about that. I just assumed they didn't decay.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
GOOOD question! I never thought about that. I just assumed they didn't decay.
Unstable atoms decay, stable atoms don't.

The answer to your question is best answered with an understanding of biology, physics and chemistry, but there is no problem with the quantum world, it functions as it's supposed to.



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
An interesting aside is the what happens when we die.The atoms may not decay but the compounds they are part of does.Then again decay just means the organic matter of our bodies breaks down,it isnt destroyed just converted by the actions of microbes,insects,maggots etc !!!

Now what about that essential energy that as we know can't be destroyed but converted.The very reasoning that many people cite as a major reason for the afterlife,well the energy must go somewhere,mustnt it !!!

But isn't our mind,personality,conciousness fuel from the energy we get from our food.

Matter into energy so therefore when we die and that conversion isn't happening doesnt the energy that fuels the essential us no longer available and the core us ceases to be ??

Just a thought,very materialist you may say but fairly accurate.I don't know if we live on or just end but that old energy doesnt die just gets converted therefore we don't die myth isn't so cut and dried.lol.

As for the quantum angle,haven't a clue :-)



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
...And about every ten years or so all of our particles have been replaced in the form of new cells.

So - we have "brand new cells" every 10 years (or so)... Why do our brand new cells look like the aging, decrepit cells we just lost? Why can't they look like the brand new cells of a 24 or 30 year-old body?
Yeah - don't know that I'm liking this explanation...



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash
 


The cells make copies of themselves as they were at the time of replacement (i.e they "age").
I'm pretty sure they recently found the biological controller for this ...like a built in oddometer that seemingly can be altered/turned off using genetic therapy.

Grim reality is : Your body is a temporal vessel for DNA. Evolutionary progression sees no reason to keep you around for any longer than is neccesary
edit on 29-12-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone
The cells make copies of themselves as they were at the time of replacement (i.e they "age").
I'm pretty sure they recently found the biological controller for this ...like a built in oddometer that seemingly can be altered/turned off using genetic therapy.

Grim reality is : Your body is a temporal vessel for DNA. Evolutionary progression sees no reason to keep you around for any longer than is neccesary

So - you're saying that I need to accept it, whether I like it or not...
Didn't think I had much choice in the matter...anyway.





new topics
top topics
 
2

log in

join