It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas would secede or start a civil war before giving up gun rights?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Texas is kind of a national embaressment

Care to expand upon that a bit?

Yeah, how dare you have support yourself and balance your budget. Your making the rest of us look bad.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Well how about give up your guns and stop giving guns to Mexican cartels...

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Yup because once we stop giving them guns the ones they currently have magically disappear. Makes sense I'm glad we could work this through.

Why do people think banning guns gets rid of guns. Thats what humans don't get. If you don't want it in the hands of everyone then don't put it in the hands of anyone. .. Ie don't create it. Look at the price we are paying for nukes now that crazies have them.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

Originally posted by marbles87
reply to post by hotel1

Why would I get flamed?

And I lived in el paso. It might as well be Mexico and yeah not many legal citizens in Texas with out guns. And ft bliss also scares the cartel beause it's an infantry and armor base it could be at the border in minutes.

Because although your post is a fair, and reasoned one any thread that discusses the Gun Control issue is certain to attract the ATS posters who make their points with insults, and disrespect.

what is fair about blaming the Mexican gang cartels and violence on gun owners of America? Try the govt if ya wanna be fair and realistic. I mean, it's not like American gun owners are going over to the mexican side and shootin up people. You gun control advocates get some funny ideas about stuff.
Then throw in the mix of secession. Ok so the OP says if Texas secedes from the Union would that cause civil war. If it's war against people over the border it is not civil war is it? Is the OP implying that a secession would cause Texas to fight a physical war with other States or the Fed Govt? And of course gun control advocates hate that they can't just get rid of the 2nd Amendment.
But consider this...The American Revolution was fought over some taxation, and the civil war was fought over slavery. The end result of those two wars was the Emancipation of slaves and the Bill of Rights.

What would you rather have.... a war fought to keep our Bill of Rights or more endless wars in other lands?

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

Originally posted by marbles87

America losing Texas would cripple the rest United States.

Really wanna give this up en.m.wikipedia.org...

Then DO IT or shut up. The rest of us are tired of hearing you bray.

I have a good perception of what a large chunk of the economy of Texas is fueled by, and good luck without all those lovely Federal projects and contracts.

Google Sustainable Development in Montana and see what comes up. By the way, Nevada is the only state with more govt owned land than Montana. Calif runs pretty close.

The govt is borrowing money from China to buy up even more land.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join