It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas would secede or start a civil war before giving up gun rights?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

Since I see you are currently residing in montana I will chalk up your distaste for Texas as jealousy.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Been to Texas many times my friend. As I said, there is nothing there that isn't available elsewhere in the States. I live in Montana (and NOT Texas) for a reason.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

America losing Texas would cripple the rest United States.

Really wanna give this up en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The fact that just about anyone who owns land on the border of mexico has multiple firearms, and will use them, is somewhat of a deterrent to smugglers trying to get their product into America. I am positive of this. It is not that the cartels are afraid of sending people to shoot it out with the landowners, rather it is a bad business decision. They would simply draw unwanted attention to themselves, potentially lose their product, potentially lose their workers, etc...They would rather fly under the radar as much as possible.

Now, if they KNEW for a fact that landowners were not allowed firearms to protect themselves with, it would be much easier for them to utilize previously avoided tracts of land for crossing into the United States, because the likelihood of a shootout with a US civilian is non-existent. There are just so many bad things that could happen if we were not allowed to own firearms, and frankly I am getting sick and tired of people thinking they know better than the gentlemen who founded this country.

Most of the people complaining about firearms could not even tell me what the 2nd ammendment is for, and that is quite sad. I have explained it in many posts, and do not really feel like going into it again, except to say that the 2nd ammendment will ALWAYS be necessary as long as we maintain a republican democracy as our form of government. It is that simple. Will Texas secede? I happen to live in Texas, and I know that legally Texas cannot secede from the United States of America. However, if firearms were not only banned, but there was an attempt made to confiscate all firearms, I can guarantee you that legality would go out the window. Really it wouldn't matter if the government of Texas would secede, because there would be armed revolt against the Federal government. There is no doubt in my mind. I don't know if this type of uprising would occur if guns were outlawed and not confiscated, but I imagine it still wouldn't be pretty.

I am not a gun fanatic by any means whatsoever, but I would definitely fight on the side of the Constitution, and I would actually be legally and morally in the right, and the Federal government would be in the wrong. This would not stop them from attempting to label you as a terrorist and lock you up, but that would just be throwing fuel on a fire. The plethora of groups who would oppose the government with force would then have even more of a rallying cry. And if this type of civil war ever were to happen, I am glad I live in Texas, because I know that there are more people around here who I would like to have fighting by my side as compared to anywhere else in the US.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Love it! It's lovely how someone in Delaware will tell someone in Texas what is or is not necessary for their personal protection. What people don't get is just on the other side of the border is a fully armed military style cartel with full auto AKs and rocket launchers... (That we gave them) just foam at the mouth to pour over the fence the moment our guard is down. THAT ALSO IS FACT that no one will ever see on the main media.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87

America losing Texas would cripple the rest United States.

Really wanna give this up en.m.wikipedia.org...

Then DO IT or shut up. The rest of us are tired of hearing you bray.

I have a good perception of what a large chunk of the economy of Texas is fueled by, and good luck without all those lovely Federal projects and contracts.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm a native born Texan and it's really getting embarrassing all this BS talk of Texas seceding coming up on ATS every 3 months or so. Just do it and quit threatening to do it. Take a referendum of all people living in Texas and see if the general population wants to secede. If a majority wants to secede, then for Christ sake just do it and stfu.

All Hat and no Cattle...
edit on 29-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Why are you two acting like everyone wants this... Nobody does in all honesty. But you both know you would be suffer should the rest of the states force Texas to do something it doesn't want to do. Trust me if ANY other state could even make an argument of standing on its own they all would be but it's only Texas because they never really fully got sucked into the United States corruption they always had there eye on being a country but what it would do to America is whats stopping them not the laws against it. You think they can't make it without government contracts? Texas already operates a $100billion international trade route.

Texas seceding would be like killing its own mother.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I hope Rhode Island secedes, sort of like the movie "The Mouse That Roared." Then Rhode Island could get lots of money from the U.S. government, to prop it up once it's quickly defeated in a bloodless Civil War, as well as obtain revenues, arms, and manpower from states like Texas who'd want the unemerald Isle to stick it to The Man.

Pawtucket Power!
edit on 29-12-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

My friend Texas is not the only one. I live Kentucky . Very strong sense of community. I never knew a place where farm fresh eggs and a rail gun and a .50 all are for sell, side by side. If I turn my turn signal on I can get over. If hv a flat somebody will stop. If I hungry somebody has food. If I run out of ammo? Here brother...I got plenty....

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Because Texas isn't worth the hot air that comes out of it.

Budget figures show that 25% of your GSP (over 31 BILLION dollars) is directly financed by the Feds. Way to keep that independence!!

Good thing you didn't 'get sucked in' to accepting all that Fed money, huh?

We are tired of hearing you go away or shut up.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

How much of Texas GDP is wasted by the United States government. If it secedes it no longer needs to feed the money pit succubus that is the federal government.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

One reason Kentucky rarely talks about secession, economic woes, etc....we have a lot of community owned banks....credit unions....friends who know you and help you.
My friends, the united states of America was formed as a political union to hedge the individual against tyranny imposed by financial masters(central banks)... eventually all Americans will be bribed with a new system. Usury has taken a strong foothold. We already in the US reap many benefits from banana type republics. The education regarding the feral reserve was not meant for a revolution. It was meant and designed for the tear away of the fed reserve note. It is kind of like getting a paternity test and realizing the fed reserve note is not your child...you no longer owe child support welcome to the nwo ` s new note.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

Would the people of the great state of Texas truly stand up and say NO? I am not so sure but if they fold I believe the rest of the states would follow in short order.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Community is the saving grace of this country. ALL of our current problems can be traced back to the loss of our sense of belonging somewhere. If you don't belong with your neighbors you certainly don't mind screwing them over to make a buck, or repossess their house. It's just business, right?

States where the residents still remember who they are and where they came from are still doing fairly well.

Of course this is just my opinion....

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Ugh why must people claim that any other state can do what Texas can or should I put might have the ability to pull off. Like Kentucky, how do you suppose you get your goods out of the country without first going through the government you just kicked out?

I'm all for communities banding together in collectives and ruling themselves based on their morals with very little oversight from a main form of government. But while big government runs the show there will never be order on a community level.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Hopefully the US bans high capacity assault weapons, which aren't useful for defending your home OR against the US military (people seem to forget about armored vehicles and riot gear...you will not take on the military with your AK-47 no matter how many wet dreams you've had about it)

And as a Texan I will say now - Texas will never secede, it's all BS posturing
edit on 29-12-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

Agreed, there is NO WAY a couple of guys with small arms could ever fight off the military might of the US Military or the Mexican cartels.
Just ignore those families of Afghans that have survived the umpteen invasions of their country, and those primitive North Vietnamese....err do we just call the whole place Vietnam now?
Or were those all just wet dreams??
History is full of the little guy kicking the crap out of the big guy, simply because he had more heart.
I guess some just lack heart ehh??
Either way, if there were a ban and a particular state ceded from the union, I think I would go there and defend her to the best of my ability.
Whether I was a rifleman or just a cook, I'd do my part.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

People in America have a false sense of entitlement nowadays like America is this magical country that will always win any war it fights even though we have have many many losses that people will say was a win. A war has not been lost or won since WWii. Everything else has been draws.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It would be great, the US could ban guns and Texas could ban liberals. I've been wanting to get out of Illinois anyway. This state sucks!

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Texas is kind of a national embaressment

Care to expand upon that a bit?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join