It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas would secede or start a civil war before giving up gun rights?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Given that Mexico is a border country and the cartel being as they are it would be almost suicide for Texas give up gun rights. Honestly what I think keeps Mexican violence in Mexico is American gun owners. It's still legal to shoot trespassers in Texas if they are deemed a threat to your property and drug/human runners are threats.
Texas is the only state that could make it as a country and in order for it to keep its ground as that force is to keep their gun laws the way they are.
edit on 29-12-2012 by marbles87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by marbles87

dont you mean texas woul sexeede ?
California might do the same and make it too, but remember there are smaller countries than most states.....so i wouldnt bet against any of the others either if they went there way....
edit on 29-12-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

dont you mean texas woul sexeede ?

Fixed it I'm on my phone.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
Given that Mexico is a border country and the cartel being as they are it would be almost suicide for Texas give up gun rights. Honestly what I think keeps Mexican violence in Mexico is American gun owners. It's still legal to shoot trespassers in Texas if they are deemed a threat to your property and drug/human runners are threats.
Texas is the only state that could make it as a country and in order for it to keep its ground as that force is to keep their gun laws the way they are.

Insults, and disrespect beginning in 3. 2. 1.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'm in Texas. I won't go to a border town without packing. The cartels are scary and love torture. The guys are coming into ranches now and threatening or just plain killing the owners to smuggle through their land. They will move further north if we don't have guns, and they will become more brazen in acts of violence to get what they want.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I would hope any state would. I personally do not have a gun, but it's a Constitutional right.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Hopefully the US bans high capacity assault weapons, which aren't useful for defending your home OR against the US military (people seem to forget about armored vehicles and riot gear...you will not take on the military with your AK-47 no matter how many wet dreams you've had about it)

And as a Texan I will say now - Texas will never secede, it's all BS posturing
edit on 29-12-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Why would I get flamed?

And I lived in el paso. It might as well be Mexico and yeah not many legal citizens in Texas with out guns. And ft bliss also scares the cartel beause it's an infantry and armor base it could be at the border in minutes.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marbles87
reply to post by hotel1

Why would I get flamed?

And I lived in el paso. It might as well be Mexico and yeah not many legal citizens in Texas with out guns. And ft bliss also scares the cartel beause it's an infantry and armor base it could be at the border in minutes.

Because although your post is a fair, and reasoned one any thread that discusses the Gun Control issue is certain to attract the ATS posters who make their points with insults, and disrespect.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Year where are all the border town ranchers who complain of drug and human traffickers. How come no one has addressed our south of the border friends when it comes to them commiting crimes on their (the ranchers) land.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Some thoughts from the Master regarding secession:

edit on 29-12-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Hopefully the US bans high capacity assault weapons, which aren't useful for defending your home OR against the US military (people seem to forget about armored vehicles and riot gear...you will not take on the military with your AK-47 no matter how many wet dreams you've had about it)

How many school shootings involve high capacity assault weapons? Let me fill you in, these atrocities are not carried out by the weapons you want to ban. So why should they be banned?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Some thoughts from the Master.

Secession won't happen.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Truth is if the federal government did try a weapons confiscation or something with same effect, a state would have the right to challenge the relationship between state and fed.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
America missed the entire boat with RP theres probably the one man who could have turned things around for the people.
Texas aint goin anywhere, in fact i heard they may annex OklAHOMA: for a place to dry their socks

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Not useful in home defense ? says who you ? So you're the expert now really ..

Despite issues of over penetration with higher calibers most assault weapons are purpose built for close quarter combat ... en.wikipedia.org...

If the AK was ineffective it would be replaced the fact is it is one of the top rated weapons on any battlefield .

As far as body armor goes ..Have you ever heard of armor penetrating rounds ?

As far as armored vehicles go a depleted uranium round can take it out with a well placed shot .

granted DU is not available ... but it just goes to show you don't know what you are talking about

As far as succession goes people that say Never are clueless .

Sane individuals dont have wet dreams lusting for combat they may occasionally piss their pants though .

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You're definitely not a Texan.

No way.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

How many school shootings involve high capacity assault weapons?

We just had one, maybe you heard of it?

Regardless, they are dangerous and should never have been allowed in the first place.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The only way the Military could fight the American Militia would be to systematically carpet bomb and level most of the United States. People seem to forget that the American people have some very powerful weapons Barrett .50cal, full auto WWII and WWI machine guns, Grenades, tanks, fighter jets, rocket launchers, flame throwers and the list goes on. You might say the citizens don't have these things but they do and they know how to use them.

Remember the same military we would be fighting trained most of the ones that would be fighting back. It would be suicide but there are plenty that would rather die than let our freedoms and rights get stripped away. If the USA wasn't as screwed up and corrupt as it is people would probably be willing to surrender some gun rights to gain ground somewhere else but the fact is we have one of the most tyrannical governments in recored history.

What other goverments have blantantly came out and lied so many times to its people and then show zero concern when the citizens cry out for help.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am from texas... we are getting VERY tired of the bullcrap, we have everything we need here to take care of ourselves, we are blocking out GMO crap we are pushing locally grown. locally owned farming, restaurants, ect...

I love texas that is why I moved here, I would definitely support the republic of texas breaking away from the USA.. if the USA can't run itself correctly and can't keep people in line and do right by the people.. then we can handle it ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join